Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1383687 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - General
« Reply #2040 on: May 28, 2018, 05:49:35 AM »
I so called that (like, months ago)   :emot-snoop:

Well they're just copying Line Of Defense now :)
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2041 on: May 28, 2018, 05:49:57 AM »
Why let a small thing like scope creep get in the way of milking more money out of gullible suckers loyal members

I know, right? This is all so amazing to me.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #2042 on: May 28, 2018, 05:50:41 AM »
They're just creating jpegs now. One after another, pushing everything that might be connected to space or war. Desperately grasping for every dollar they can suck in. And by doing so, distancing more and more backers. If you still don't see the desperation in this, you're an idiot.

helimoth

« Reply #2043 on: May 28, 2018, 06:20:01 AM »
Whilst I'm sure this point has been made before; I think a poster on /r/games put it quite eloquently when he commented on the future of star citizen should the game (if ever) release

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/8mos1t/star_citizen_offers_the_legatus_pack_for_27000/dzp91nz/

It will become funny once this game releases (if it ever will be - at least in some form): If CIG adjusts that earning those ships takes a reasonable amount of play time, then all the poeple having invested thousands of dollars will go amok, because they have lost their "investment". Also CIG will lose their main source of income, since nobody will buy their ships anymore. If CIG adjusts the time required to earn a ship ingame based on the price tag of the ship and a wage of 1$/h, then many ships will require several hundreds of hours to farm. Also in this case, SC will probably go down as the most P2W game in history, even worse than any EA game ever made (I'm looking at you SW:BF2).

Scruffpuff

« Reply #2044 on: May 28, 2018, 07:49:19 AM »
They're just creating jpegs now. One after another, pushing everything that might be connected to space or war. Desperately grasping for every dollar they can suck in. And by doing so, distancing more and more backers. If you still don't see the desperation in this, you're an idiot.

It seems to be the only thing they're doing - from an outside perspective, it looks like every dollar they make goes into making another dollar.  Logging into the "game" reveals the same janky broken model viewer it's been for nearly 3 years now.  Last time they tried to add a single feature to their Jenga tower of failure they had to roll back the patch because it kept crashing the servers.

The code itself is impossible to get past the state it's in.  There is no game or design for a game.  There is no plan to design a game.  There are assets for sale and literally nothing else.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #2045 on: May 28, 2018, 08:44:01 AM »
Gee I wonder how Chris will balance the pew pew rockem sockem action that gripped us all with the "Life Like physics" that are sure to come with these mechs. Chris did such a bang on good job with the flight models I cant wait.

Here I wait with baited breath....

Any eta on when these mechanical wonders will ship? Will they be more powerful than the tanks they sold? Will they be able to leap and fly off into space and transform into ships? Will ships of the same clan be able to join hands and create a mega mecha!?!?  I'm sure they will!  The genius of Chris RObbers will surely prevail.

Did you know he is curing world hunger as we speak by rubbing two dollars together? A miracle man in our era! And as sweet and honest as the driven show.

Inquiring minds want to know! I'll just look on the Star Citizen official forums. I'm sure that THEY will know everything.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:49:04 AM by Spunky Munkee »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #2046 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:30 AM »
"The Flower of Knighthood" kickstarter MMO looks like its taking a carbon copy straight out of CR's playbook. 1000 vs. 1000 battles, complex crafting and realistic battle mechanics, and the list goes on. All for just for 600k! Please... fool us once....
Lol wut, Kickstarter? Is this 2011?

Bubba

« Reply #2047 on: May 28, 2018, 01:17:17 PM »
In defense of the Flower, they didn't prominently name their dev team, showed unappealing videos, described complicated mechanics based on needless realism, and picked an historical period that, while dear to my heart, doesn't automatically appeal to huge masses of players ("Imagine, the chronicles of Jean de Froissart made virtual!")
And seven days in, they haven't cleared 2 grand. Most KS projects make half their revenue in the first 24 hours, so I'm afraid that Oxford postdoc will have to keep applying for jobs.

Compare the approach of SC:  slick, expensive demos, nostalgia of WC and a cult of the developer, a game genre that has a lot of traction, but is dwarfed by FPSs and casual games. And instead of telling you how you're going to have to grind every day to stay good, they come up with cool -sounding experiences you might one day have. Every png they sell comes with its own story.

So no, the Flower isn't necessarily a scam; but there are things you need for a successful kickstarter, and they have exactly zero of them.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:41:56 PM by Bubba »

jwh1701

« Reply #2048 on: May 28, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »
Mechs are apparently coming

Jesus.

LOL I will have to check my screen shots, I've been begging them on YouTube for these for a longtime.

Found one uploaded.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:15:57 PM by jwh1701 »

helimoth

« Reply #2049 on: May 28, 2018, 02:30:50 PM »
I want the mechs to be able to combine together - mighty morphin power rangers style - in to the ultra mega robertszord

jwh1701

« Reply #2050 on: May 28, 2018, 05:44:23 PM »
I want the mechs to be able to combine together - mighty morphin power rangers style - in to the ultra mega robertszord

LOL, that gave me an idea for the next video they make, I will suggest that I would like a multi-pilot mech.

Meowz

« Reply #2051 on: May 28, 2018, 07:13:03 PM »
LOL, that gave me an idea for the next video they make, I will suggest that I would like a multi-pilot mech.

Shouldn't be too tough at all when all they have to do in crank out a JPEG and a paragraph story line along side the price tag. Don't worry about coding the "Soon" takes care of that.

Star Chip

« Reply #2052 on: May 28, 2018, 07:32:52 PM »
I want all those facilities supported by a real inter planet economy managed with human AI NPC that can make a character judgement form your outfit design and hair style and being able to influence your stand on the planet economy which each planet had complex industry based on market economy size of US and China combined and x6 which is using resource from mining framing generating talent acquiring and capital finance which is going to support a dynamic job market that is the outcome of the invisible hand from trillion population society with billion industries which each NPC unique and special not only in looks but also their heart and mind which is also going to play a role and being adoptive to the galactic empire society.

And I also want the robo combo Voltron Gundam Ranger thinge being real and seamlessly integrated to the realistic economy realistic society realistic military and realistic physics and not being out of place nor make the realistic economy realistic society realistic military and realistic physics looking stupid.

I also want the game looks glorious better than Crysis ever or ever could been also fully optimized in 60FPS in 4K ULTRA. Christ Robert please take my money and make this game, thanks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:39:11 PM by Star Chip »

Noztra

« Reply #2053 on: May 29, 2018, 02:22:37 AM »
So how many are they gonna sell of these..  :rolleyes:

https://wccftech.com/star-citizen-legatus-pack-27000/

N0mad

« Reply #2054 on: May 29, 2018, 05:28:17 AM »
It struck me over the weekend, with all the media coverage of the 27K pack that very few guys in the comments were defending CIG. Normally you can expect the fanboys to be all over these things quelling dissent. Which made me wonder - a company with an aggressive marketing approach may very well employ a team for "social" marketing who may well have created multiple Alts to promote the game in forums.

Clearly I'm just floating ideas here - but with 450 (ish) employees at CIG: what do they all do? Because it doesn't seem like many of them are actually making the game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk