Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314888 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #735 on: August 06, 2017, 06:58:02 AM »
Is that simple enough now?

Yes, that is simple enough. Derek said he would be done 3 years ago. Chris said he would be done 3 years ago. They both weren't done 3 years ago. That doesn't mean they are evil scumbags. You are absolutely right in that comparison.

I killed a guy trying to rob me. Hitler also killed people. Therefore, Hitler and I are both criminals. That's the kind of simple you're arguing? Dear god, you're stupid  :doh:

Let's try this again, shall we?

Now, I'm going to make a game. I say to everyone who wants to buy it, that they have to wait until I'm done building it. I think that'll take 3 years. After 3 years, the game is not there yet, so nobody can buy it. No harm done. Does that make me an evil scumbag? No.

Now, I'm going to make a game. I say to everyone that they can buy it right now, but that they have to wait until I'm done building it. I think that'll take 3 years. After 3 years, the game is not there yet. Not even close. In the meantime I accepted the money from everybody who wanted to buy the not-yet-build game. Now, another 3 years later, the game still is not here yet. Not even close. In the meantime I still accepted the money from everybody who wanted to buy the not-yet-build game. Not only that, in the past 6 years I have added all kind of things people could buy for the game that I still haven't delivered. I now am at the point where I know I can't deliver on my promises, yet I keep on going asking for money because failure will most likely send me to jail for fraud. Does that make me an evil scumbag? Hell yeah!

BTW, that's the second time you didn't answer my question. Please complete the following sentence at the dots:

I, Serendipity, will say that Derek was right when...............

Is that simple enough now?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 07:54:52 AM by Motto »

nightfire

« Reply #736 on: August 06, 2017, 06:58:21 AM »
Before going on to compare the development of the 2 games.

Please can we stop with this nonsense. IF Derek's game stops development tomorrow then he's accountable only to himself - nobody else is affected. IF Star Citizen stops development tomorrow then thousands of people will lose money.

Please stop trying to compare the 2 games - we know you're only doing it to try and wind up Derek.
Yes, it’s awful.

90% of the argument goes like, „Chris’ shoelaces are open“ – „No, one of them still holds together a bit. But Derek’s fly is open.“

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #737 on: August 06, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »
How the game's are funded is irrelevant. Who's making the games is irrelevant. What kind of games they are is irrelevant.

That's where you're wrong kiddo. Analogies are my preferred way to explain a point so I'm gonna use an analogy.

Person A: Offers to build a bridge and asks for people for funding to build it - in return they get to use the bridge. Over time the bridge becomes ever-more complex and is still unrecognizable as a bridge years into the project.

Person B: Has a bit of private land and set themselves a personal target to build a bridge on their own land.

Good luck ol' chap. He's never going to accept it. In fact, I believe he does, but when you pick a hill to die on, you get to die on it. And furthermore.

I have a better one.

Person A: Takes money from a bank to build a playground on his property. Guess who he is accountable to when the playground isn't built.

Person B: Takes money from his bank account to build a playground on his property. It's delay. Guess who he is accountable to when the playground isn't built.

Serendipity you said:
I'm not comparing development of LoD and SC.

Please can we stop with this nonsense. IF Derek's game stops development tomorrow then he's accountable only to himself - nobody else is affected. IF Star Citizen stops development tomorrow then thousands of people will lose money.

Please stop trying to compare the 2 games - we know you're only doing it to try and wind up Derek.

He's only winding himself up because the only way I'd be wound up, is if there was any relevance or truth to that stupid argument.

Yes, it’s awful.

90% of the argument goes like, „Chris’ shoelaces are open“ – „No, one of them still holds together a bit. But Derek’s fly is open.“

:lol: :lol:
 :five: :five: :five:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 07:47:15 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #738 on: August 06, 2017, 08:03:58 AM »
On Reddit someone asked about something when it would be finished. One of the replies:

Not Soon. CR doesn't want to set a bad precedent by finishing something.

Even his fans are taking the piss  :dance:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #739 on: August 06, 2017, 08:18:05 AM »
On Reddit someone asked about something when it would be finished. One of the replies:

Even his fans are taking the piss  :dance:

OMG!!  :lol: :lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

nightfire

« Reply #740 on: August 06, 2017, 08:39:06 AM »

Think about it… a year ago, this level of sarcasm would have led to one consensus only: the author must be DS hiding behind yet another alias.

It’s amazing how far we’ve come since 2016.

Motto

« Reply #741 on: August 06, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »
Not Soon™ would have been even better  :laugh:

Oh wauw, the animated "progress" gif just got it's own topic on Reddit. That'll get some nice comments to read  :dance:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:30:20 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #742 on: August 07, 2017, 07:33:53 AM »
https://twitter.com/DennisACrow/status/894270847560499200

So Dennis Crow who used to work for TT Fusion (where Erin Roberts used to work), has joined the LA studio as a snr producer. His last credits at TT Fusion was as online producer for Lego Star Wars.

He is a snr producer who doesn't do anything with game design or things like that. He just manages the direction of certain aspects of the development in terms of schedules, teams etc.

The question backers should be asking is why they need another producer in LA.

According to LinkedIn, he left Rockstar back in 2015 to found his own company, AWOL Game, which is now defunct. That doesn't seem to have worked out so well, so he joined CIG to go make Star Citizen. I don't think it's fair to knock the guy, a paycheck for a few months, is still a pay check.

This normally wouldn't be important, except for the fact that backers seem to think this is somehow a big deal.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:41:51 AM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #743 on: August 07, 2017, 07:56:19 AM »
Just another step in converting CIG to CIM...

However, in that Reddit now discussions start about the financial state of CIG. There is some nervousness starting amongst the Shitizens. About time, one would say. Derek has been on it for quite some time now...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:04:19 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #744 on: August 07, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »
Just another step in converting CIG to CIM...

However, in that Reddit now discussions start about the financial state of CIG. There is some nervousness starting amongst the Shitizens. About time, one would say. Derek has been on it for quite some time now...

Yeah, that financial issue has been creeping up in every discussion of late, and it's not going to go away any time soon. Even the most hardcore supporter has GOT to realize that with so much work left to do, and the diminished capacity to raise money, has to be a cause for concern. They simply can't be raising the amounts they were previously raising back when it appeared as if they stood a chance of actually delivering on what was promised. And I don't care how 3.0 is received, I have no reason to believe that it's going to do anything with funding because they can't sell $45 and $60 game packages in sufficient quantity to keep funding going. So they're going to keep selling ships and JPEGs right to the very end.

Motto

« Reply #745 on: August 07, 2017, 08:24:56 AM »
Hence the referral contest. Get new ones in low and then upsell them everything. Noticed how the main price was not reachable and only for 1 person and that all the other prices wouldn't cost CIG any money at all?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #746 on: August 07, 2017, 09:19:25 AM »
Well, that referral contest didn't work out so well. And nobody is going to Germany on a freebie either.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-contest

Meanwhile, you can buy referrals on the Black market for $10 each. So for $30K, you can get a free GamesCom ticket  :vince:

Motto

« Reply #747 on: August 07, 2017, 09:32:49 AM »
Top 5 generated 20k referrals @ € 40 minimum makes 800k at least. And it didn't cost CIG one dime...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:41:30 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #748 on: August 07, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
Top 5 generated 20k referrals @ € 45 makes 900k. And it didn't cost CIG one dime...

I don't believe the referral needs to buy a game package though.

Motto

« Reply #749 on: August 07, 2017, 10:38:34 AM »
Yes it does, just move to the bottom of the page. They can become a Recruit for free with a referral code, but only after spending money, they generate 1 RP:

Whenever a Recruit becomes an actual Star Citizen player by buying a Game Package (with minimum value of $40 USD), you'll earn 1 Recruitment Point (RP).

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:41:44 AM by Motto »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk