Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314013 times)

Serendipity

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #765 on: August 09, 2017, 05:22:34 AM »
I bet the coffee machine, they couldn't possibly have rented, cost them 20k as well huh?

Motto

« Reply #766 on: August 09, 2017, 06:54:35 AM »
I will admit he's right about the big predictions, (meaning his constant bleating about being out of money and that the game can't be made), when CIG collapse and disappear without releasing 2 games that resemble what they've laid out they're making.

Ah, so when CIG finally has collapsed, you will admit that Derek was right. I think that when CIG collapses, you'll have to come up with some pretty good arguments to still keep on insisting that Dereks was wrong anyhow.

However, the thing is, Derek has been / is predicting several things that are a clear indication that something was / is wrong, predicting things that indicate that it's getting worse and worse and predicting that it all will accumulate and accumulate until CIG collapses. So, you're willing to admit that he was right when that actually happens. That also means that Derek was right about everything before that moment, at least for the big predictions. Basically, all the things that let up to that final event of CIG collapsing. But to those things you won't admit he was right. And you're wondering why I think you're stupid? Man, you're just proving my point here. Again.

Knight Solaire

« Reply #767 on: August 09, 2017, 06:57:35 AM »
I bet the coffee machine, they couldn't possibly have rented, cost them 20k as well huh?

Damn, dude, I must have struck a nerve there, huh? Whatever the door cost, or the fancy desks and tables and mo-cap stages, etc., etc. Bottom line is that CIG loves touting their fancy offices, but yet still can't deliver a game after 5 years. Why is this? If I was a backer (I'm not, btw) I would be sickened by the self enrichment and conceit coming from a company that hasn't delivered on any of the promises made to amass people's money in the first place.

Serendipity

« Reply #768 on: August 09, 2017, 07:03:58 AM »
I will admit he's right about the big predictions, (meaning his constant bleating about being out of money and that the game can't be made), when CIG collapse and disappear without releasing 2 games that resemble what they've laid out they're making.

Ah, so when CIG finally has collapsed, you will admit that Derek was right. I think that when CIG collapses, you'll have to come up with some pretty good arguments to still keep on insisting that Dereks was wrong anyhow.

However, the thing is, Derek has been / is predicting several things that are a clear indication that something was / is wrong, predicting things that indicate that it's getting worse and worse and predicting that it all will accumulate and accumulate until CIG collapses. So, you're willing to admit that he was right when that actually happens. That also means that Derek was right about everything before that moment, at least for the big predictions. Basically, all the things that let up to that final event of CIG collapsing. But to those things you won't admit he was right. And you're wondering why I think you're stupid? Man, you're just proving my point here. Again.

Oh you're being mean to me again. I might cry. It's still a very big if. CIG show no signs of collapse. In fact the funding tracker shows an increase in funding this calendar year compared to the same period last year. So yes, I'll admit Derek was right when he is proved right, not before. That's how these things work. I don't assume he's right about the big guesses just because he's been right about a few little things. That's called faith.

You call me stupid and then accept Derek's word as gospel truth. Show me proof they won't finish the games. Show me evidence of financial distress. (No, a loan nor cash sales are either.)

Damn, dude, I must have struck a nerve there, huh? Whatever the door cost, or the fancy desks and tables and mo-cap stages, etc., etc. Bottom line is that CIG loves touting their fancy offices, but yet still can't deliver a game after 5 years. Why is this? If I was a backer (I'm not, btw) I would be sickened by the self enrichment and conceit coming from a company that hasn't delivered on any of the promises made to amass people's money in the first place.

Paying your self a wage is ok. The game is being made. Most are happy to wait for it. Some aren't. Fair enough. Spending money accrued on staff isn't a bad thing. Happy, motivated staff work better. Fact.

Edit: oh yeah, the mocap studio was a stretch goal so kind of expected.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:07:59 AM by Serendipity »

Motto

« Reply #769 on: August 09, 2017, 07:09:18 AM »
Cost of the doors are actually estimated about 20K. Looks fancy though, only for the money of 500 pledgers at the most bottom level
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:11:30 AM by Motto »

Serendipity

« Reply #770 on: August 09, 2017, 07:10:02 AM »
Although, to be fair, it's difficult knowing when Derek is being serious anyway what with flawed analytics, missing information, hyperbole, lies, fake sources trolling or being trolled...which stuff do I even believe anymore? It's hard keeping up.

Motto

« Reply #771 on: August 09, 2017, 07:13:19 AM »
Yeah, I know. But when CIG collapses, it'll prove everything right. You know, the things other people can see as well by looking at the facts. Not just by sheeping after Derek. Basically, the not so stupid people.

Serendipity

« Reply #772 on: August 09, 2017, 07:14:07 AM »
Cost of the doors are actually estimated about 20K. Looks fancy though, only for the money of 500 pledgers at the most bottom level

Estimated by someone posting on SA? Well now, there's a reliable and trustworthy source if ever I heard one... I especially liked the 'here's an estimate I got then I doubled it and added 4 grand' part.

Insert slow clap gif here.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:24:16 AM by Serendipity »

Serendipity

« Reply #773 on: August 09, 2017, 07:15:52 AM »
Yeah, I know. But when CIG collapses, it'll prove everything right. You know, the things other people can see as well by looking at the facts. Not just by sheeping after Derek. Basically, the not so stupid people.

Again with the 'when'. You just can't possibly entertain the chance of them getting a couple of decent games out. 'Closed minded' is being nice.

If CIG collapse then Derek will be proven right.

See, much better.

Knight Solaire

« Reply #774 on: August 09, 2017, 07:16:31 AM »
Although, to be fair, it's difficult knowing when Derek is being serious anyway what with flawed analytics, missing information, hyperbole, lies, fake sources trolling or being trolled...which stuff do I even believe anymore? It's hard keeping up.

All of these accusations could be aimed at CRoberts as well. Lying, misinformation, deliberately unrealistic timetables, etc. Why do you omit that?

The difference is, CRoberts has an obvious motivation (bringing in more $ that he claims he doesn't need), which makes his activities in this regard much more insidious than anything Derek has done.

Serendipity

« Reply #775 on: August 09, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »

All of these accusations could be aimed at CRoberts as well. Lying, misinformation, deliberately unrealistic timetables, etc. Why do you omit that?

The difference is, CRoberts has an obvious motivation (bringing in more $ that he claims he doesn't need), which makes his activities in this regard much more insidious than anything Derek has done.

We've been through this. When a developer says they hope to do X or y, (release 3.0 in December or release LoD in 2012), and it doesn't happen, it doesn't mean they lied. Chris believes he can do what he's said he can do. 3.0 release will provide a nice chunk of evidence that he can.

Derek has guaranteed something that turned out to just be 'hyperbole'. Chris hasn't guaranteed anything.

Knight Solaire

« Reply #776 on: August 09, 2017, 07:27:17 AM »

We've been through this. When a developer says they hope to do X or y, (release 3.0 in December or release LoD in 2012), and it doesn't happen, it doesn't mean they lied. Chris believes he can do what he's said he can do. 3.0 release will provide a nice chunk of evidence that he can.

Derek has guaranteed something that turned out to just be 'hyperbole'. Chris hasn't guaranteed anything.

Wow.. Just, Wow. You're level of gullibility and delusion knows no bounds.

There's a thing in the world called Critical Thinking. It involves analyzing evidence and patterns to determine the truth. There is no proof positive of it, but anyone that has been paying attention over the last several years would have to believe that Chris has lied and wildly exaggerated over the years to generate hype and income for CIG. Unless, of course, like you, they just don't want to see it.

Motto

« Reply #777 on: August 09, 2017, 07:29:14 AM »
You just can't possibly entertain the chance of them getting a couple of decent games out.

Yes, I can. That chance is zero. It will not happen. Ever. The change that I live long enough to actually witness the whole universe implode again even is higher.

Serendipity

« Reply #778 on: August 09, 2017, 07:30:58 AM »
  Wow.. Just, Wow. You're level of gullibility and delusion knows no bounds.

There's a thing in the world called Critical Thinking. It involves analyzing evidence and patterns to determine the truth. There is no proof positive of it, but anyone that has been paying attention over the last several years would have to believe that Chris has lied and wildly exaggerated over the years to generate hype and income for CIG. Unless, of course, like you, they just don't want to see it. 

Just because I came to a different conclusion than you doesn't mean I haven't analysed what's come out of CIG for the last 3 and a half years I've been following the project.

Your arrogance and condescension knows no bounds.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:39:37 AM by Serendipity »

Serendipity

« Reply #779 on: August 09, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »
You just can't possibly entertain the chance of them getting a couple of decent games out.

Yes, I can. That chance is zero. It will not happen. Ever. The change that I live long enough to actually witness the whole universe implode again even is higher.

Not true. Nothing has zero percent chance of occuring and you'd have to change a lot to see 'the universe implode again', (whatever that means), epecially not when we're talking about a game we're seeing come together, albeit slowly, right in front of our eyes.

Does it feel bad that funding is up this year or does that mean imminent collapse now too?

Edit: Oh wait a minute...was that hyperbole? That's a good excuse for posting drivel I hear.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:46:41 AM by Serendipity »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk