Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1316831 times)

Serendipity

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #900 on: August 17, 2017, 01:54:23 AM »
Being called stupid doesn't hurt and I'm having fun chatting with you guys even if some of you are big meanies.

Motto

« Reply #901 on: August 17, 2017, 02:33:32 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm not trolling. When I say that I think that Serendipity is stupid, I really mean that. Not as trolling, but in the sense that he really lacks basic intellect, that he is dumb, that he really is not smart at all, that he is an idiot, a moron. Mentally challenged on still uncharted levels. You get my drift here.

I thought that "stupid" best described that opinion but I am open to alternative wording if stupid has such a negative meaning that it is considered trolling.

Serendipity

« Reply #902 on: August 17, 2017, 05:00:06 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm not trolling. When I say that I think that Serendipity is stupid, I really mean that. Not as trolling, but in the sense that he really lacks basic intellect, that he is dumb, that he really is not smart at all, that he is an idiot, a moron. Mentally challenged on still uncharted levels. You get my drift here.

I thought that "stupid" best described that opinion but I am open to alternative wording if stupid has such a negative meaning that it is considered trolling.

Atta-boy, see, it's fun having me around.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #903 on: August 17, 2017, 05:32:10 AM »
If you feel you don't get any value from this forum or feel violated because people think you are stupid regarding how you percept SC, you can always leave, or just read and not comment.
Many of us would appreciate if you decided to do this. The forum would become what it was once again. A site where we can read the opinion of DS and have a laugh at CIG. It was soooooo good before you. It was comedy gold. Now it's people whining because of namecalling and posting the same arguments 150+ times.

I think you are not only stupid, but boring and annoying as well, polluting a lot of people's place to have a laugh.
If anyone is a troll in this thread, it's you.

You are talking to someone who has no clue, and you expect him to understand any of this? Most of us have accepted him as the forum mascot now, so there's that.

Fact is, several "believers" have come here and long gone. None of them had the fortitude to be as obtuse and stupid as this one.

And you can go to their /r/ds enclave - right now - and see the sort of posts him and his friends are posting even as they engage in targeted harassment in a single Reddit dedicated to doing only that against one person. But he's here, crying foul. This is why they all congregate over there because even their own mods, though /r/starcitizen can be just as abusive, they tend to ban them frequently. Then once in a while they wander into Goon enclave /r/starcitizen_refunds, try the same shit, get tarred and feathered, cry foul, then leave.

Oh but telling someone they're stupid, is bad. You can pull up his posting history right here and on Reddit and see the hypocrisy within.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #904 on: August 17, 2017, 05:32:54 AM »

Nah, you're fine. He's stupid.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Serendipity

« Reply #905 on: August 17, 2017, 06:49:52 AM »
Do I get an award? I'd like it to be shiny and silver please.

Please do go have a look at my reddit comments: https://www.reddit.com/user/ConfusedMonkeh/comments

Nothing to hide. I may have called some people some names at some points but that's ok according to y'all.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:55:52 AM by Serendipity »

StarBallz

« Reply #906 on: August 17, 2017, 08:12:01 AM »
Your award will be hopefully RSI declaring bankruptcy due to incompetence and squandering all their funds in a tech demo.

Motto

« Reply #907 on: August 17, 2017, 11:50:22 AM »
The thing is, I don't want to imply anything about or judge Serendipity. He (can't image a woman for some reason) might be a very likable person with a kind spirit and a good heart etc. It's just his blindless for the obvious and the constant positive thinking and upbeat explanations that to me suggest that he has misplaced a marble or two in the upper chamber. The way he keeps on coming back has something of a person deeply involved in SM who just keeps on coming back for more and more punishment. Voluntarily.

If Serendipity had been on the Titanic, he would have been standing on the tip of the bow - the only part still above water - and he then would say "iceberg, what iceberg? There's a huge mass of something white in front of me that looks, smells, tastes and feels like an iceberg, but it could be very thick mist too. Besides, there might be a big airbubble left that lifts the ship straight again, who knows? I got a swimming degree, so I'll survive.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:56:07 AM by Motto »

Serendipity

« Reply #908 on: August 18, 2017, 01:23:01 AM »
Definitely a man and a nice guy with a lovely wife and baby daughter. No marbles missing unless you think I'm mad for typing some words on a forum. University educated and not a kiddo. I like long walks on the beach, cooking, camping and music festivals. GSOH. Little overweight but working on it. I've always loved an argument as well, always have done. My parents would tell you I'm a massive wind up merchant. Never going to to obsessing about what others think of me, especially those I don't know on the tinterwebz.

Not that any of that matters at all. Let's get this thread back on topic shall we? Talking about me is very flattering but it's not really about 'The Game'.

I liked the AtV bit where the female shopkeeper followed the character around as she was talking, that was cool. Wasn't so impressed with the hastily spoken bug list bit where they've fixed 54 and found 48 or whatever. Just as well I'm patient because 3.0 ain't arriving any time soon it seems.

Has any other game had such smooth NPC tracking of the player character? Most games just have the NPC staring past you and then turning stiffly if you move out of their cone of vision. I think 3.0 is going to be a decent step forward. End of September maybe?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:24:36 AM by Serendipity »

N0mad

« Reply #909 on: August 18, 2017, 01:31:03 AM »
End of September maybe?

Ha ha ha ha

and I thought you didn't have a sense of humour  :lol:

helimoth

« Reply #910 on: August 18, 2017, 02:07:53 AM »
Not that any of that matters at all. Let's get this thread back on topic shall we? Talking about me is very flattering but it's not really about 'The Game'.

Must be nice to be able to post somewhere to talk about star citizen without having overzealous mods ban anyone who even breathes a word of criticism or discontent. I assume that's why you post here because you accept the echo-chamber circlejerk of the RSI forums and /r/starcitizen are completely inferior to this board. I, for one, thank you for that compliment bro on behalf of Derek and on behalf of myself for having the sense to post here.

Serendipity

« Reply #911 on: August 18, 2017, 03:48:02 AM »

Must be nice to be able to post somewhere to talk about star citizen without having overzealous mods ban anyone who even breathes a word of criticism or discontent. I assume that's why you post here because you accept the echo-chamber circlejerk of the RSI forums and /r/starcitizen are completely inferior to this board. I, for one, thank you for that compliment bro on behalf of Derek and on behalf of myself for having the sense to post here.

The RSI forums are full of 'malcontents' that do little other than slam the company and their practices, seriously, I'm not sure which forums you're talking about but spectrum is loaded with a whole rainbow of emotions in relation to the project. I just post here because I enjoy it. I post on spectrum too and Reddit. I'm an equal opportunities internet denizen.

I wouldn't put word into Derek's mouth though, sarcastic or not, he's an internet warlord dontcha know!

End of September maybe?

Ha ha ha ha

and I thought you didn't have a sense of humour  :lol:

October...?

helimoth

« Reply #912 on: August 18, 2017, 05:04:38 AM »
The RSI forums are full of 'malcontents' that do little other than slam the company and their practices, seriously, I'm not sure which forums you're talking about but spectrum is loaded with a whole rainbow of emotions in relation to the project. I just post here because I enjoy it. I post on spectrum too and Reddit. I'm an equal opportunities internet denizen.

Nope. The RSI forums are moderated to within an inch of their life. The only areas of malcontent that aren't immediately locked and poster banned are a tiny spectrum of specific complaints that RSI allows to give the impression of open and fair discussion. I'm surprised that you didn't manage to notice that.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #913 on: August 18, 2017, 05:33:04 AM »
Definitely a man and a nice guy with a lovely wife and baby daughter. No marbles missing unless you think I'm mad for typing some words on a forum. University educated and not a kiddo. I like long walks on the beach, cooking, camping and music festivals. GSOH. Little overweight but working on it. I've always loved an argument as well, always have done. My parents would tell you I'm a massive wind up merchant. Never going to to obsessing about what others think of me, especially those I don't know on the tinterwebz.

OK that made me chuckle.  :thumbsup:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #914 on: August 18, 2017, 05:36:19 AM »

Nope. The RSI forums are moderated to within an inch of their life. The only areas of malcontent that aren't immediately locked and poster banned are a tiny spectrum of specific complaints that RSI allows to give the impression of open and fair discussion. I'm surprised that you didn't manage to notice that.

Yeah, pretty much. And this has been proven time and time again. In all fairness, in the past weeks, a few of the more critical ones have been left untouched. I have found that usually, all it takes is for one moron to step out of line, thus giving the mods a reason (not that they needed one) to lock the thread. The Rule 9 locks are usually hilarious.

Also, I think they've caught on to the fact that /r/Starcitizen is getting more traffic than that abomination of a forum, and the more they get to be heavy-handed, the more the ire will flow to Reddit and outside of their enclave.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk