Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1313808 times)

helimoth

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #390 on: July 15, 2017, 01:42:37 PM »
Gamestar visited Foundry 42 Frankfurt to play a preview of Alpha 3.0

A preview of an Alpha  :lol:

... alphaception      :vince:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #391 on: July 15, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
Gamestar visited Foundry 42 Frankfurt to play a preview of Alpha 3.0

A preview of an Alpha  :lol:

Yeah, we're all laughing at that.  :laugh:  :lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #392 on: July 15, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »
The penny is definitely starting to drop for more and more people.

The Shitizens keep moving the goal posts wider and wider as the spec gets smaller and further away.   

But more and more Backers are calling it for what it is.

Narrenbart

« Reply #393 on: July 16, 2017, 11:21:11 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6nnjau/thank_you_cig_for_insurance_makes_sense/

Insurance, a game mechanic that will lock you out of the game with the possibility of paying real $$$ to overcome this mechanic (this includes LTI).

I stopped counting the faults that are within this mechanic. How can any game developer think for a second that this is something you want to have in your game?
This is far more evil than everything that EA or Ubi could have ever thought of.

Sure I can play without a ship, I could go shopping or join a crew mopping division (and try to destroy the other players ship from the inside because I got bored while waiting). Or just pay the bill and get my ship back faster.

You've died
- Please insert coin -

Serendipity

« Reply #394 on: July 17, 2017, 03:39:50 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #395 on: July 17, 2017, 05:01:50 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Narrenbart

« Reply #396 on: July 17, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »
The Germans aren't happy with you Derek.

http://www.pcgames.de/Star-Citizen-Spiel-3481/News/Derek-Smart-Gamestar-Titelstory-Propaganda-Twitter-1233287/

To the war mobile!

Yeah, I know.  :bahgawd:
Wow, german magazine is directly attacking a private person in america for personal opinions on twitter ... btw this is sueable.

StanTheMan

« Reply #397 on: July 17, 2017, 07:20:33 AM »
The Germans aren't happy with you Derek.

http://www.pcgames.de/Star-Citizen-Spiel-3481/News/Derek-Smart-Gamestar-Titelstory-Propaganda-Twitter-1233287/

To the war mobile!

Yeah, I know.  :bahgawd:
Wow, german magazine is directly attacking a private person in america for personal opinions on twitter ... btw this is sueable.

And it must have taken him about 3 minutes to write it v the in depth analysis Derek does.

StanTheMan

« Reply #398 on: July 17, 2017, 07:28:50 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6nnjau/thank_you_cig_for_insurance_makes_sense/

Insurance, a game mechanic that will lock you out of the game with the possibility of paying real $$$ to overcome this mechanic (this includes LTI).

I stopped counting the faults that are within this mechanic. How can any game developer think for a second that this is something you want to have in your game?
This is far more evil than everything that EA or Ubi could have ever thought of.

Sure I can play without a ship, I could go shopping or join a crew mopping division (and try to destroy the other players ship from the inside because I got bored while waiting). Or just pay the bill and get my ship back faster.

You've died
- Please insert coin -

And even the most basic forms of griefing can expose the bullshit expectations of backers and lack of knowledge CR has of MMOs etc and how a large percent of the playerbase play them.

I remember  that crappy demo they did one conference where the Shitizens were ecstatic at seeing a ship land on a station and some supposed FPS SM gameplay. 

Some of us pointed out the $250 Connie was ripe for stealing and it wouldnt have lasted 20 seconds on the deck, unlocked before someone knicked it and sold it on for real world $$$ or crashed it into someone else's ship and left them with the repair bill....

Scams and "greifing" or just Mercenary activities would get a lot more creative than this ruse that took 5 seconds to come up with.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:31:00 AM by StanTheMan »

Narrenbart

« Reply #399 on: July 17, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »

You've died
- Please insert coin -

And even the most basic forms of griefing can expose the bullshit expectations of backers and lack of knowledge CR has of MMOs etc and how a large percent of the playerbase play them.

I remember  that crappy demo they did one conference where the Shitizens were ecstatic at seeing a ship land on a station and some supposed FPS SM gameplay. 

Some of us pointed out the $250 Connie was ripe for stealing and it wouldnt have lasted 20 seconds on the deck, unlocked before someone knicked it and sold it on for real world $$$ or crashed it into someone else's ship and left them with the repair bill....

Scams and "greifing" or just Mercenary activities would get a lot more creative than this ruse that took 5 seconds to come up with.
And don't forget the bugs :)
Killed by a bug ... wait a week for replacement or 2 weeks for CS answer ... well or pay

WoW was a success because they got rid of all "McQuaid" stuff of EverQuest Live/2, like corpse runs, camping etc.
Now we have Star Citizen with a plethora of new ways to punish the player for playing the game.
(and 1000 ways to get griefed)

Serendipity

« Reply #400 on: July 17, 2017, 08:13:17 AM »
So I'm going to assume 3.0 will drop in some form at some point. I'm also going to assume they will have seamless space to moon transitions and a few things to do whilst on the surfaces.

There's going to be a lot of media attention if they do. There's going to be more funding because of it. They're going to be given the license to carry on as they have been doing. No repercussions. No accountability. No reasons to change.

Is nobody going to try the law with this company? In fact didn't you start legal proceedings against CIG Derek? I seem to remember a tweet saying you had.

Flashwit

« Reply #401 on: July 17, 2017, 08:54:53 AM »
He can't really start any legal proceedings. They refunded him so he doesn't really have any standing to sue or anything.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #402 on: July 17, 2017, 09:46:01 AM »
So I'm going to assume 3.0 will drop in some form at some point. I'm also going to assume they will have seamless space to moon transitions and a few things to do whilst on the surfaces.

There's going to be a lot of media attention if they do. There's going to be more funding because of it. They're going to be given the license to carry on as they have been doing. No repercussions. No accountability. No reasons to change.

Not that simple. They've squandered away whatever backer cred they had. So it's going to be mostly the hardcore backers who are going to be left standing after 3.0 is out.

I have no reason to believe that 3.0 is going to change the game's perception because 2.0 (PU debut in Q4/2015) and 2.6 (Star Marine debut in Q4/2016) were the major highlights like the upcoming 3.0 which only has those moons/planetoids as the highlight. Player engagement on the game is non-existent if you go by the number of backer numbers and those actually playing the various modules.

Sure, they will make some money over 3.0, but they've made money in the past, blew through all of it, are in debt etc. So there is no reason to believe that 3.0 is going change any of that.

Is nobody going to try the law with this company? In fact didn't you start legal proceedings against CIG Derek? I seem to remember a tweet saying you had.

Only investors and backers have that power. I don't, as I don't have "standing" in any lawsuit against them. I do have a case for defamation against CIG and Chris Roberts, but I have no interest in pursuing that because it would be too distracting, and cost (my liability insurance won't cover it, unless they sue or counter-sue) too much by the time we get around to the Star Citizen part.

So all we can do now is just wait, watch, and laugh.

Motto

« Reply #403 on: July 17, 2017, 09:58:35 AM »
I'm guessing the 3.0 will be another disappointment that will open a lot of backers' eyes. Most of them will (finally) see the replay of last year and will not invest any further. The funding collapses and that's the end of CIG. Those too blind to see will not keep CIG afloat.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:49:46 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #404 on: July 17, 2017, 10:03:04 AM »
I'm guessing the 3.0 will be another disappointment that will open a lot of backers' eyes. Most of them will (finally) see the replay of last year and will not invest any further. The funding collapses and that's teh end of CIG. Those too blind to see will not keep CIG afloat.

Hard to say. Some backers are like Deer caught in a car's headlights. 3.0 will drop, they will check it out for a few days, and move on to wait for 3.1 (netcode!).

The problem is, will 3.0 be enough to prevent a refund run on the bank? Right, they're using new money to refund old money. That's just not sustainable in the long term.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk