Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1358757 times)

Flashwit

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #930 on: August 20, 2017, 08:56:52 AM »
This part is hilarious.

This week we have also moved the code onto its own 3.0 branch. “Branching” is when we copy the code from our main repository, where all the developers send their fixes and implementations at any time, to a separate “branch” and start looking more closely at what is changing, to make sure that any activity happening is absolutely necessary for our target build.

Wait a second, what? What kind of cowboy outfit is this? As a software developer myself I am blown away that they aren't using milestone branches as standard procedure 100% of the time. Are they just merging features directly into the master branch?

StanTheMan

« Reply #931 on: August 20, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »
This part is hilarious.

This week we have also moved the code onto its own 3.0 branch. “Branching” is when we copy the code from our main repository, where all the developers send their fixes and implementations at any time, to a separate “branch” and start looking more closely at what is changing, to make sure that any activity happening is absolutely necessary for our target build.

Wait a second, what? What kind of cowboy outfit is this? As a software developer myself I am blown away that they aren't using milestone branches as standard procedure 100% of the time. Are they just merging features directly into the master branch?

What they say they are doping and what they are actually doing ... two different things.... :snoop:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #932 on: August 21, 2017, 05:45:23 AM »
This part is hilarious.

Yes, it's hilarious. I remember a few months ago when I said that "3.0 didn't exist" and some Shitizens were up in arms. This is precisely what that was about. They were still working on the 2.6.x code base, even as Croberts went up on stage and was touting "3.0 is coming on|before Dec 19th".
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #934 on: August 21, 2017, 02:43:08 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh, it's a party by now. Dear God  :vince:

So, how's that latest blog coming along? It's now 21-08-2017 23:40 overhere. Me's gettin' hungry  :supaburn:

BTW, if there is any truth in the rumors about Sandi and Chris getting a divorce, do you think that's just for the record to get some money safely away from those backers who might want it back? Or is the love now dissolving since jailtime is imminent? Of both maybe?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:52:40 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #935 on: August 21, 2017, 03:02:04 PM »
So, how's that latest blog coming along? It's now 21-08-2017 23:40 overhere. Me's gettin' hungry  :supaburn:

BTW, if there is any truth in the rumors about Sandi and Chris getting a divorce, do you think that's just for the record to get some money safely away from those backers who might want it back. Or is the love now dissolving since jailtime is imminent? Of both maybe?

I actually decided to wait for after GamesCom to publish a new blog. That why I don't have to write another article.

As to the divorce, that their personal business, and we shouldn't care. The only reason that I even mentioned it is because of the nepotism that I had investigated and uncovered back in 2015, and for which I got attacked, called a liar etc. Until Chris himself confirmed it in his massive diatribe. So if it's true (according to public records, they have been married and divorced to each other, twice), then that's one count of nepotism out of the way. Divorced or not, they will ALL be held accountable when this shit-show collapses.

The main issue here is that a group of family and friends - a total of 9 people - under Chris Roberts, have been Unjustly Enriched from $156M given to them by backers, and for which, after 6 years, they have yet to deliver the promised products. Even as they continue to use scam tactics and lies to continue raising funds for a game they know they can't build as pitched back in 2012.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #936 on: August 21, 2017, 03:03:26 PM »
Just in case you were wondering why the schedule suddenly went from "dates" to "fark off! No dates anymore"

They went from this:

To this:

And here we are on Aug 21st, and sources say that don't even have a fully playable 3.0 build. Which is why they are showing "levels" at GamesCom. It's hilarious.  :vince:

Motto

« Reply #937 on: August 21, 2017, 03:16:59 PM »
Not writing anything now will give the Shitizens ammunition to say you actually don't have anything - as they of course knew - and you're writing in hindsight and therefore all is worthless and, well everYthing basicallY is hYperbole with You.

Couldn't you just give us something? The main headlines, preferrably a little longer than a tweet. Something big that they can't deny afterwards. The suspense is killing me  :magical: Please  :allears: ? Pretty please  :allears: ?

Oh, that 30 - 45 days, I'm guessing you're pretty sure about that to make a statement like that. Won't a supersale at Games Com spoil that prediction?

The Sandi thing is really pissing people off. They're forgetting she's not only his wife, but also number 2 in the company  and getting al lot of backer money payed every year as salary for who knows what actually. Being the boss' wife probably. You might want to mention that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:43:15 PM by Motto »

helimoth

« Reply #938 on: August 21, 2017, 03:25:37 PM »
You thought the Star Citizen scam couldn't get any worse? It's no longer 2.6.3 (current build). It's now called "pre-patch 3.0"

a shame cos that streamer seems a legitimately very nice person. such a shame that sc/cig/cr have managed to ensnare some pretty cool people.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #939 on: August 21, 2017, 03:46:40 PM »
Not writing anything now will give the Shitizens ammunition to say you actually don't have anything - as they of course knew - and you're writing in hindsight and therefore all is worthless and, well everYthing basicallY is hYperbole with You.

Couldn't you just give us something? The main headlines, preferrably a little longer than a tweet. Something big that they can't deny afterwards. The suspense is killing me  :magical: Please  :allears: ? Pretty please  :allears: ?

Oh, that 30 - 45 days, I'm guessing you're pretty sure about that to make a statement like that. Won't a supersale at Games Com spoil that prediction?

I don't know what they're going on about tbh. It's as if they rely on me to give them insider news on a game they blew $156M on. Fact is, most of the stuff I say, tends to pan out at some point. The blog I wrote was to be published tomorrow, but that changed when they decided to do their presentation on Friday instead.

I already made clear, almost a year ago, that 3.0 wasn't ready, and didn't actually "exist". That's not even the half of it.

When the schedules kept slipping, sources told me there was an internal dev one that's not reflective of the public one, and that they were just making shit up,  I told everyone to wait and see what comes next. Some just hand waved it away. Then CIG released a new schedule. Added a bunch of never-before-seen crap to it. Then removed the delivery aim dates completely. The reasons are now painfully obvious.

The ENTIRE project is in chaos, and there are several people leaving, even as I type this. And they are OUT of money in terms of the project being a "Going Concern".

Quite a few things will put some key sources at risk, but now that they're all talking (some to media), it's only a matter of time now before stuff starts getting out, as it always does.

I can 100% guarantee that nobody is prepared for what's really about to happen. You can bookmark this post.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:52:53 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #940 on: August 21, 2017, 03:53:31 PM »
The Sandi thing is really pissing people off. They're forgetting she's not only his wife, but also number 2 in the company  and getting al lot of backer money payed every year as salary for who knows what actually. Being the boss' wife probably. You might want to mention that.

That's their problem. They were pissed too, back when I revealed that she was his wife, and that they were covering it up. And when I wrote about it, complete with details, and even after other people did their own leg work, I got accused of stalking, harassment etc. But my attorney made quick work of Ortwin after he sent me a C&D. We never heard from them again.

As I posted elsewhere earlier today:

Precisely. There are many - many - businesses (mostly small businesses) which employ family members. The issue with CIG is that, using crowd-funded money, Croberts enriched his family and friends, most of whom are OVER PAID, in the furtherance of this scheme. There is a reason why “Unjust Enrichment” is a thing.

And aside from Erin, he did try to hide the fact that he was married to Sandi.

Of course, it wasn’t until I did my investigative blog that it came to light that all the people currently involved in the project, are the same same friends (excluding Ortwin) and family (excluding Sandi) who were involved in previous train-wrecks, namely that whole Gizmondo fiasco which I wrote about back in 20152.

Basically they are Roberts (all three), Elms (all three), Derek Senior, Tony Zurovek, Ortwin and others on the fringe like David Swofford (marketing), Eric Peterson (who bailed earlier on) who go all the way back to the early days with Croberts.

If you don’t think that’s shady enough, they even removed her “Meet Sandi Gardiner” entry from the website shortly after my expose. This is the last capture from March 2013. And this was around the time she was going on interviews and claiming to have two degrees in marketing, so she was totally qualified to be VP Of Marketing for the project. All of which have proven to be false.

I don’t see how anyone thinks that if they had gone to VC for money, how any of this would have passed due diligence.

The nepotism is a big deal when it comes to money. From Sandi and Erin, all the way down. I have even written several times about specifically Erin and his pay. Nobody seems to be mad about that.

June 12, 2017
December 13, 2016
October 4, 2016

Basically, using backer money, Chris built an entire studio for his brother. There is NO other reason for F42-UK to exist, when that team could have been based here in the US.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:56:16 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #941 on: August 21, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
Meanwhile over there..

It has been possible to deduce that the headline features shown since mid 2015 are standalone r&d tech. Caveats included in some of the dev videos (one of which I quoted twice in this thread relating to the planetside tech) further confirm this.

There is nothing from inside CIG or ex-CIG sources in the public domain regarding the reasons why modules developed by CIG and 3rd parties cannot be pulled into the PU - with the exception of Ilfonic's (canned) Star Marine work.

However these conversations HAVE happened in private and there are a fair number of folks within and around the industry with an insight into this, and with better knowledge and experience of game dev than someone like me could ever hope to have.

I had the opportunity to ask a CIG programmer why none of this stuff ever made it into the PU (among other questions), and if I posted the response without the swear words there wouldn't be much of it left.

It's straightforward enough to find out what's going on with this project behind the marketing and it won't become fully in the public domain until "it is 100% certain that Chris Roberts is never working in this industry again"

---

Also this post may be deleted as off topic which is fair enough, but Derek knows a hell of a lot more than he lets on and he isn't the only person.

If CIG are still asking for money it is BEYOND time that they need to come clean regarding the engine.

They had devs in 2016 who had become literally ill over all this, and they're doing the same thing at Gamescom they did last year and will scoop in millions.

If whales want to click a big donate button that's fine, but that's not what's going on - and those promoting the project by reposting marketing ought to make themselves aware of a few facts, because as far as myself and many others are concerned they're culpable.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:32:14 PM by dsmart »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #942 on: August 21, 2017, 06:44:32 PM »
Oh boy. I got my popcorn all warmed up. I cant wait for the show, and the inevitable collapse. I hope some aggressive young Attorney General who wants to make a name for himself gets a hold of this situation. Just as was alluded to I expect that some of these YouTubers who have been promoting the game and acting as independent reporters get outed as the paid employees that they are. Getting paid with digital merchandise is still getting paid. No1 on the list is Bored Gamer and his daily drivel. I am amazed how even when there is no progress and no new concept ships or any other crap to talk about he still cranks out a video. Now that is a dedicated employee. He said that creating these videos is his only job. Unless tinkerbelle comes by and gives him some baby batter I wonder how he stays alive. Not on You Tube monetization that much is for certain. I wonder if the crown wants to know about this illicit funding scheme, will he lose his dole payments? I think he is just as guilty as Sandi is for marketing this scam.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 06:46:18 PM by Spunky Munkee »

mezla1058

« Reply #943 on: August 21, 2017, 09:55:45 PM »
Long time lurker blah blah blah. Disclaimer: I backed SC during original Kickstarter for $35.

I genuinely believe that the fallout from the SC/CIG collapse will be beyond anything we've seen in gaming so far.
I am predicting that one or more of the whales will full on murder Chris, Sandi, Erin and/or someone else publicly involved in the project once they realise that they've been scammed.
Some of those whales are out tens of thousands of dollars and unhinged enough, you have to be to put that much money into this scam, to actually go full on killing spree.
Remember NMS fiasco? Those people were out only 60 or so bucks and look at all the backlash.
Mark my words, bookmark this post, there will be deaths.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #944 on: August 21, 2017, 11:30:06 PM »
That was funny! But it is probably true. There are some really unhinged "backers" who will simply lose their minds when their dream world evaporates.  I hope that when some backers get angry enough at the citizencon that they wait for the cameras to be running so the world can see those rotten tomatoes and eggs go flying. It should be funnier than George Bush dodging slippers.

Sandi, well some of those backers are "oh lala, we looovve you Sandi" I can almost see the spittle spewing from the corner of their mouths as they have little bubbles forming on their tongue. They sit in the basement in their crusty brown and yellow creased underwear mouse in one hand crumbs stuck to a dirty t shirt with some stains from last nights bean burrito clicking on their favorite part of the video fantasizing with them Sandi and big Ben in a trio of sweaty funky love. Yeah dey be lovin Sandi a long while, probably bought her videos, every one of them (is there more than one, who cares?). Just kidding We love you Sandi 

Ethically the entire organization is highly suspect.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk