Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314175 times)

the_wolfmann

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1050 on: September 07, 2017, 01:43:07 AM »
What crowdfunding did was give the consumer an even bigger voice for showing that there is still a market for certain kind of games that the market has largely forgot about.  And as a result, crowdfunded or not, we have been seeing more and more developers take on developing those kinds of games since that time.

Hello, friend. It's annoying when you're leading the same discussion in multiple threads. Could you kindly find a subreddit for crowdfunding discussions and continue there? KTHXBYE

Motto

« Reply #1051 on: September 07, 2017, 02:23:15 AM »
A company can be publically HIRING TENS OF THOUSANDS of people one minute and a minute later LAYING OFF TENS OF THOUSANDS of people.

That may be true for the USA, but in The Netherlands for one, it's not so easy to fire employees. They're heavily protected.

You know, I'm a $65 backer from the KS drive (and nothing beyond that since), so instead of demanding a refund, I could demand the accounting books instead.

You'd be doing the whole world a big favor if you actually did that. But I highly doubt Chris will listen to Kickstarter demands. But do try, please.

The only thing I didn't predict is when you did get involved, I didn't think it would become what looks like a huge crusade.

Did you bother to read how Derek got involved? That Chris has brought it onto himself? Doesn't seem so.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:31:55 AM by Motto »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1052 on: September 07, 2017, 02:31:28 AM »
While this discussion is seemingly off topic, this kind of legend building ("crowdfunding is the savior of gaming", "evil publishers") plays a huge role in the Star Citizen cult:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=publishers+site%3Arobertsspaceindustries.com

There is even this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money

Want to show big publishers you’re voting with your credits? Pick up this special spacecraft skin honoring the RSI crowdfunding campaign!

Note: The functionality to apply skins has not been implemented yet and will be available at some point in the future!

Motto

« Reply #1053 on: September 07, 2017, 02:39:08 AM »
I think there is a market for crowdfunding to compensate the fact that big companies do not look for the niches. Where Chris went wrong, was thinking that he could crowdfund a nichemarket and turn it into a big market. The initial response for his visions gave him the impression that the AAA studios had overlooked a huge market with a lot of money and money potential and that by tapping into that, he could become a AAA CEO as well. With all the perks and stuff. And of course, to prove once and for all that is is the Gamemaster General Of All Times. Now rumour has it, he might have overplayed his hand in that  :D

Moeis

« Reply #1054 on: September 07, 2017, 02:39:13 AM »
What crowdfunding did was give the consumer an even bigger voice for showing that there is still a market for certain kind of games that the market has largely forgot about.  And as a result, crowdfunded or not, we have been seeing more and more developers take on developing those kinds of games since that time.

Hello, friend. It's annoying when you're leading the same discussion in multiple threads. Could you kindly find a subreddit for crowdfunding discussions and continue there? KTHXBYE

I didn't, I made a direct response to someone else on a different thread, and then things got moved around after.  Not my fault it is in more than 1 thread.

Moeis

« Reply #1055 on: September 07, 2017, 02:40:25 AM »
A company can be publically HIRING TENS OF THOUSANDS of people one minute and a minute later LAYING OFF TENS OF THOUSANDS of people.

That may be true for the USA, but in The Netherlands for one, it's not so easy to fire employees. They're heavily protected.

You know, I'm a $65 backer from the KS drive (and nothing beyond that since), so instead of demanding a refund, I could demand the accounting books instead.

You'd be doing the whole world a big favor if you actually did that. But I highly doubt Chris will listen to Kickstarter demands. But do try, please.

The only thing I didn't predict is when you did get involved, I didn't think it would become what looks like a huge crusade.

Did you bother to read how Derek got involved? That Chris has brought it onto himself? Doesn't seem so.
How he got involved has nothing to do with what I was expecting before all of it happened.

Motto

« Reply #1056 on: September 07, 2017, 03:41:38 AM »
A lot of things have happend that nobody was expecting  :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:13:41 AM by Motto »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1057 on: September 07, 2017, 04:53:10 AM »

F42 is in the UK where you can fire staff easily.

As you say it is also true of the USA where CIG have staff in numbers.

OFC there are contractors and temp staff .. and if it goes bankrupt not being able to reduce headcount would be a reason for doing so.

FredBloggs

« Reply #1058 on: September 07, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »
All lot of things have happend that nobody was expecting  :D

Have I missed something? Have the ELE- Layoffs started already? Source?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1059 on: September 07, 2017, 10:54:47 AM »
All lot of things have happend that nobody was expecting  :D

Have I missed something? Have the ELE- Layoffs started already? Source?

Not that we know of. What we do know is that a group of people left on 08/31, with more to come.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1060 on: September 07, 2017, 11:14:42 AM »
Do you have more details about what exactly left at 08/31? Where, how many, what positions, stuff like that?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1061 on: September 07, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »
Do you have more details about what exactly left at 08/31? Where, how many, what positions, stuff like that?

Yeah, but I can't make that public for obvious reasons. When I used to do that, I'd get yelled at. And Shitizens also attacked the people who left.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1062 on: September 07, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »
And maybe somewhat more in general terms? Without giving it all away, but more than only "some have left"? You know those guys are all over it when there's "no proof". As if Chris ever proved anything, but that's a whole other story then...

GaryII

« Reply #1063 on: September 08, 2017, 03:44:14 AM »

I guess, here is one of them:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/ode-to-omar
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:51:15 AM by GaryII »

Motto

« Reply #1064 on: September 08, 2017, 04:08:11 AM »
That's one. Can't wait to see more names and numbers. I'd wish Derek would hurry up with the big reveal. I've had the first mod visit on Reddit and they like to see me gone. I'd love to drop the big one there too  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk