Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314773 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1065 on: September 08, 2017, 06:29:54 AM »
That's one. Can't wait to see more names and numbers. I'd wish Derek would hurry up with the big reveal. I've had the first mod visit on Reddit and they like to see me gone. I'd love to drop the big one there too  :D

Not going to be something CIG advertise nor the people that get canned.

It is a mix of shock, embarrasment, anger allsorts for the people involved.  Some will find it a relief.

We would expect around 5% staff turnover in a healthy company as a rough guide.

Serendipity

« Reply #1066 on: September 08, 2017, 06:49:08 AM »
Is that 5% a year? So in CIGs case we'd be talking 20 leavers a year or so. I think it's considerably fewer than that. Sounds like a very happy workforce overall then. Nice.

Motto

« Reply #1067 on: September 08, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »
I really don't see the point in your comments here. "There's no big one", "seems like a nice company with a happy workforce", stuff like that, are all those remarks just to ruffle some feathers? Rattle some cages? See if anyone here takes the bait? Or just trolling a bit?

The thing is, you have absolutely no evidence of the turn-over at CIG. So by stating "I think it's considerably less" you are doing the same thing you accuse Derek of. Pot calling the kettle black kinda thing. The difference being that Derek does have some contacts within CIG and you don't.

It'll be fun to collect all your statements though, you know, after Derek has been proven right.

Serendipity

« Reply #1068 on: September 08, 2017, 07:35:54 AM »
Any developers leaving tend to get a post on spectrum, you know what some of those fans are like, very dedicated.

We hear about staff leaving. It's less than 20 a year.

N0mad

« Reply #1069 on: September 08, 2017, 07:43:09 AM »
Derek keeps making cryptic tweets. I can't wait to hear what the gossip is.
:supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:
Pssssst, there is no 'big one' to drop. It's just the usual lies.

You seem very sure of yourself Serendipity - since you actually have no idea what Derek's news is, like the rest of us, you might be better off waiting to see what he's got before dismissing it out of hand.

Still, while we wait - any comment of the latest BurnDown (should be called BurnUp really), huh ??
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:09:08 AM by N0mad »

Motto

« Reply #1070 on: September 08, 2017, 07:50:47 AM »
I hate he is twittering other stuff too  :cop:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1071 on: September 08, 2017, 07:54:41 AM »
Latest Star Citizen AtV. Pay close attention @ 8:31 because these are the guys ON THE RECORD

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1072 on: September 08, 2017, 08:10:44 AM »
Those people at the start do not look happy. And they all are looking away as to try to distance themselves from the speaker, most likely since they know he's just full of it. He knows that too, but he just has to do this. Told so by his boss. Lying on camera because your boss told you so, man, that must be hard.

Wiggleitjiggle

« Reply #1073 on: September 08, 2017, 08:22:31 AM »
Their body language speaks volumes this entire episode, lots of looking away, poor eye contact, hands not acting in straight lines with line of vision, all tell tale signs of someone lying/being disingenuous. The eyebrows middle raised guy is a tell tale sign of anxiety, that or surprise and he's not being caught of guard im betting with this atv

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1074 on: September 08, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »
Their body language speaks volumes this entire episode, lots of looking away, poor eye contact, hands not acting in straight lines with line of vision, all tell tale signs of someone lying/being disingenuous. The eyebrows middle raised guy is a tell tale sign of anxiety, that or surprise and he's not being caught of guard im betting with this atv

You will know why, soon enough

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/905831110910738432
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1075 on: September 08, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »
They're closing the UK office?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1076 on: September 08, 2017, 09:07:31 AM »

Of course not. They can't.

Orgetorix

« Reply #1077 on: September 08, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »

No, how I see it, Studio 42 is in reality their main holding, it'll be the center point of any contraction. US holdings go first, pulling back toward their EU holdings, then lights out.

Orgetorix

« Reply #1078 on: September 08, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »

Except for Sandi, eye's of a snake if you ask me...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1079 on: September 08, 2017, 09:53:39 AM »

No, how I see it, Studio 42 is in reality their main holding, it'll be the center point of any contraction. US holdings go first, pulling back toward their EU holdings, then lights out.

CIG-LA                              // Chris, Sandi, corporate
CIG-TX                              // Chris's friends (e.g. Tony Z et al), tech ops, PU dev
F42-GER                           // CryTek refugees, engine dev
F42-UK (Manchester)         // Chris's brother Erin, SQ42, CS and God knows what else since they're clearly not working on SQ42
F42-UK (Derby)                 // Contingency plan for F42-UK downsizing most likely, since there's NO need for a studio just for face tech

F42-UK is the main and largest studio. Also Chris can escape and stay over there.

All the other studios are 100% expendable, and can be closed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk