Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1316233 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1230 on: September 23, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »
Oh, I want this to be over so badly. I can't wait for 3.0 and I can't wait for Shitizen Con. I want to see it crash and burn. The suspense is killing me. It's becoming like the cliffhanger that ends the season and you just want to see where it's going. I want news, I want gossip, and want it all so I can have the ultimate laugh when CIG collapses. I want to rub it in to those guys. I want to set a remind me for myself there. I want to hear all their arguments after CIG has crashed. I want to look for the first one who dares to say Derek was right. And now I lost XYZ of money. I want, I want, I want  :supaburn:

But most of all, I want to have the discussions overthere knowing that Derek has been proven right  :toot:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:53:42 PM by Motto »

Resin

« Reply #1231 on: September 23, 2017, 01:24:30 PM »
Oh, I want this to be over so badly. I can't wait for 3.0 and I can't wait for Shitizen Con. I want to see it crash and burn. The suspense is killing me. It's becoming like the cliffhanger that ends the season and you just want to see where it's going. I want news, I want gossip, and want it all so I can have the ultimate laugh when CIG collapses. I want to rub it in to those guys. I want to set a remind me for myself there. I want to hear all their arguments after CIG has crashed. I want to look for the first one who dares to say Derek was right. And now I lost XYZ of money. I want, I want, I want  :supaburn:

But most of all, I want to have the discussions overthere knowing that Derek has been proven right  :toot:

Maybe create new account on both /r/starcitizen and on Spectrum and post some pro-SC posts once in a while just to have an older account to post with when shit hit the fan? Like an infiltrator.:)

ChrisIhao

« Reply #1232 on: September 23, 2017, 02:11:08 PM »
So, there will be a moon. A barren rock with nothing to do but fly over it or drive on it with a buggy. That'll be fun for 5 minutes or so. And then what? Waiting for the next patch?

Exactly. Most players have already overplayed 2.6.X by now, and adding an empty moon where people basically have to crowd together to even have remotely fun, wont change this all that much. If people complain about other "early access" games out there, guess how they'll react when they get two space stations and one moon to play with the next 6-12 months.

I cant get over the fact that this could have become an awesome space sim by now, if fps and planetary landings were dropped in the first place, with this kind of a budget. Oh, and if Chris stayed the hell away from most aspects of the game, except rounding up a big friggin' wad of money due to his name.

Motto

« Reply #1233 on: September 23, 2017, 02:44:51 PM »
I guess we got it all wrong...

+ Levski isnt a moon, its a landing zone on a large Asteroid! In 3.0 we'll see Yela, Cellin, Daymar and Delamar (the home of Levski)! However the Location of Delamar will change in future patches cause originally the Asteroidfield it's in right now isn't located in the Stanton system!

That's so much more to explore. I'm guessing twenty minutes before waiting on the next patch.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1234 on: September 24, 2017, 05:25:53 AM »
I guess we got it all wrong...

+ Levski isnt a moon, its a landing zone on a large Asteroid! In 3.0 we'll see Yela, Cellin, Daymar and Delamar (the home of Levski)! However the Location of Delamar will change in future patches cause originally the Asteroidfield it's in right now isn't located in the Stanton system!

That's so much more to explore. I'm guessing twenty minutes before waiting on the next patch.

:lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Orgetorix

« Reply #1235 on: September 24, 2017, 06:06:27 PM »

Naw, you'll never get to explore that 20 minutes of new content, because it'll crash every 10 minutes...

StanTheMan

« Reply #1236 on: September 24, 2017, 07:49:54 PM »
This is one of my current  favorites from here   https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/725dqe/evocati_ptu_imminent_x1_concept_sale_more_star/

GeneralZex 2 points 7 hours ago
They want Evocati testers being put to work. Having players mess around with the 3.0 Gamescom version found a lot bugs QA missed entirely. Players were playing with features in a way they weren't even thought of being tested in a QA environment.

They must have very bad QA...there was very little for players to play with...

nightfire

« Reply #1237 on: September 24, 2017, 09:22:10 PM »

They must have very bad QA...there was very little for players to play with...

Either that, or very unimaginative, unmotivated, inattentive and stressed out QA.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1238 on: September 25, 2017, 03:55:47 PM »
Toops over at SA has put together a 3.0 promise list

An excerpt from the vomitous puff piece tripe from gamestar.de Posted July 2016 on RSI forums by a mod:

The Next Steps
After we played for a while to make a picture for ourselves about the technological background (of the game) at Foundry 42, we naturally wanted to know, when it will be playable live. Chris Roberts told us what the next steps to update the alpha builds for backers will look like.

First there will be an update to version 2.5 soon. This contains a new space station for the existing mini universe(see box on page 14). "The station is more targeted at players, that lets say want to move beyond the law", explains Roberts. The allusion refers to the pirate base named Grim Hex, which was shown recently by Cloud Imperium Games in their Online-Video-Show "Around the Verse" shortly. Grim Hex is the opposite to the already existing station Port Olisar in the playable Stanton System. "With that we want to enable the gameplay between two factions, to see, what the players will make of it", so Roberts.

After that follows 2.6, in which the developers want to introduce the First-Person-Shooter-Module Star Marine. Star Marine will be played outside of the persistant universe, like the already existing module Arena Commander, in which one can test his piloting skills. It is specially designed for multiplayer shooter sessions, with separate levels. "We have invested very much time into the FPS-mechanics, which will be very noticeable if compared to the actual rudimentary systems in 2.4", says Roberts. The developer show us a corresponding gameplay segment, which leaves an excellent impression: Animation, controls and weapon feeling were thoroughly overhauled, so that for a shooter player it really feels good. The result: Seamless movements and clean gunplay – keep it up!

With version 2.7 CIG wants to implement procedural planet technology into the live universe. In the first step it will for the first time become possible to travel the complete Stanton System. At the moment version 2.4 contains only parts of it, in whcih which one can't land on planets or space ports. This will change fundamentally. "Version 2.7 is the next big step for us, which will contain much more playable content for our backers", remarks Roberts. Planets and Moons in the Stanton System will be directly approachable and the players can land on them, like on the afore mentioned Outlaw-Base Grim Hex. With following patches more landing zones will find their way into the Stanton System, like for example Hurston and Microtech, two important corporation locations in the Star Citizen Universe. The proclaimed target of CIG is, to make Stanton playable in its full extent before the end of 2016, with all stations and landing zones, which Roberts estimates to 40 locations. It shall also be possible, to play considerably more missions... end...

Then they pull the ol' switcheroo we are no longer burning down to 2.7, we are burning down to 3.0. We have always been burning down to 3.0.
Posted August 21st 2016 (Gamescom) by our "special" superfan friend Boredgamer

STAR CITIZEN ALPHA 3.0 FEATURES
Renamed from Star Citizen Alpha 2.7 & Released Planned Before End of 2016

Expanding the Stanton System
-ArcCorp, Hurston, Microtech, Crusader, Delamar
-New Space Stations, Moons & Asteroid Belts (30-40 locations)

Planets
-Planetary Landing
-Atmospheric Flight
-Free Roaming
-Landing Zones
-Ground Combat
-Ground Vehicles
(Mentions of Procedural Planets 2.0, with Oceans, Water, Plant Life)

Basic Professions
-Piracy
-Bounty Hunting
-Cargo Hauling
-Trading
-Mercenary

Item 2.0
-Inner Thought – “Contextual Action System Replacing Use” (wtf is this shitfuck?)
-Refactored Items

StarNetwork 1.0
-New Network CODE Increasing performance
-More Players
-BETTER

Subsumption 1.0
-NPCs
-Schedules for NPCs
-Diverse NPC Actions
-Day & Night Cycles
-Increased Missions & Complexity of them
-Economy Driven Missions

Mission 1.0
Dynamic Missions that can be template, modular, NPC & Economy Driven
-Jobwell Mission Board
-Other Missions

Ships & Vehicles
-Dragonfly
-Ursa Rover
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1239 on: September 25, 2017, 03:56:05 PM »
From my notes

CitizenCon 2016

GamesCom 2017

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1240 on: September 27, 2017, 07:56:08 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1241 on: September 29, 2017, 07:30:38 AM »

FF to @ 11:00

"You have five or six people and it crashes every five or ten minutes... and if 3.0 crashes is relative or proportional to the amount of people playing there will be a lot more, you'll be having crashes every minute or two, because you are going to fill up these instances pretty quickly... They'll download it, then they'll be getting kicked out to the desktop" - Chris Roberts

Too unstable to release, even to Evocati. From 0 (having deferred a bunch of them to a later build) must-fix bugs, back to 5 (that they are disclosing)

Hey, who remembers when I said this yesterday, ahead of their burndown?

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/913522461353881600

BREAKING!! Well, don't bother waiting for 3.0 aka "Baby Jesus Patch" being released to Evocati next week. We're now 2 weeks out. Oh well.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/913102409483857920

I forgot to mention, you can ignore Chambers. 3.0 build, as of last build, was the same crash fest as LAST week. He doesn't know yet maybe
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:43:32 AM by dsmart »

premiumnugz

« Reply #1242 on: September 29, 2017, 09:21:17 AM »
Too unstable to release, even to Evocati. From 0 (having deferred a bunch of them to a later build) must-fix bugs, back to 5 (that they are disclosing)

I'm genuinely amazed they didn't squeeze a ship sale in there when the tracker dropped to zero bugs. Chris must be fuming, unless they're planning to have it scrape the bottom for a while, do a big ship sale, then shoot back up.

Motto

« Reply #1243 on: September 29, 2017, 09:30:26 AM »
They're having a concept X1 sale right now. It's a huge success  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1244 on: September 29, 2017, 11:15:53 AM »

I'm genuinely amazed they didn't squeeze a ship sale in there when the tracker dropped to zero bugs. Chris must be fuming, unless they're planning to have it scrape the bottom for a while, do a big ship sale, then shoot back up.

You're kidding, right? They are having an X1 concept sale right now, and it has all the makings of a flop. So what's the emergency plan? A flash subscriber* sale of course

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16144-Subscriber-Flash-Sale

* who remembers back when the game was "no subscriptions".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk