Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1313191 times)

Darklegend1

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2016, 12:30:41 AM »
Have you guys seen the latest newsletter from chris. In it he said "For those keeping track, we got Alpha 2.6 made the release window forecast from the Production Schedule Report."

I was like rolling with laughter after reading this seeing he had the courage to even show his face after such delays and on top of it boasting that they achieved the deadlines. hahahah

After community outcries on delays, CI shows the schedule, then gets delayed, then extend the schedule, then get delayed, then again extend the schedule, then delivers something to the evocati shrouded in darkness, then say see we met the deadline. Thats how humorous chris is...i like him really..lmao

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2016, 06:17:27 AM »
Have you guys seen the latest newsletter from chris. In it he said "For those keeping track, we got Alpha 2.6 made the release window forecast from the Production Schedule Report."

I was like rolling with laughter after reading this seeing he had the courage to even show his face after such delays and on top of it boasting that they achieved the deadlines. hahahah

After community outcries on delays, CI shows the schedule, then gets delayed, then extend the schedule, then get delayed, then again extend the schedule, then delivers something to the evocati shrouded in darkness, then say see we met the deadline. Thats how humorous chris is...i like him really..lmao

Yeah, it's pathetic. The last one he did was on 11/19, going into the anniversary sales. So he's prepping for the upcoming holiday sales; even though 2.6 isn't even released yet; and probably won't be at that point. It's a pathetic on-going cash grab. But wait; things are happening.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DDM_Reaper20

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2016, 06:33:52 AM »
It gets even "better." Caught a blurb about passenger missions. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14804-Design-Civilian-Passenger-Transport

The "tasks" detailed there are about as fascinating as watching somebody clip their toenails. The reason behind this spiel is . . . (drum roll, please) . . . MONEY. Yup. They are going to do a "concept sale" on dedicated passenger vessels.

As far as I understand the concept (pun intended), this may not even mean that the ship(s) make it into the game proper.

Frankly, I seriously doubt that this game will be released in 2017. How could that be the case?

As to SM (sounds more like sado-maso to me . . . game-wise, that is . . .) -- I get why so many citizens are totally happy to see that. It means SOME progress. A tiny, tiny, TINY smidgen of progress.

'course, given that this is ONE aspect ofa much larger game, which does not even exist yet in its entirety, such delight is totally misplaced.

Well, at least there is a certain entertainment value to this.

Mind you, I'd love to see Star Citizen come out as a game that could compete with ED. I just do not see it happening, the  main reason being that CR insists on feature creep all the time. Even I, largely ignorant of programming, know that this means asking for trouble.

Well, here's to another round of patting their own backs at CIG for having milked people.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
The "tasks" detailed there are about as fascinating as watching somebody clip their toenails.

LOL!! I was howling when I read that. But it's true. Funny thing is that, going by the "golf swing" radar, these clowns really think if/when the MVP rolls out, that they're going to be getting any of this crap that's been written and theory-crafted. It's going to be amazing watching all their dreams shatter. It's not like they weren't warned.  :argh:

It's never coming out. But until the whole thing collapses, all we can do is just enjoy the ride.

btw, Shitizens still can't reconcile the fact that I was right about Star Marine not being in the original 11-30 Evocati release.  :smuggo:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2016, 01:43:36 PM »
So those playing the 2.6 build behind an NDA noticed that a CIG artist label a dial "honesty" in a new ship. It's @ 2:32 mark

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:46:15 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2016, 04:52:04 PM »
I have to laugh at people still arguing about whether or not SM was enabled in the 2.6 build.

Now one Shillizen is saying...

SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

It's FALSE. And it is an attempt to say that if someone didn't have access to SM, that's because he wasn't part of that test set.

There is only ONE Evocati build. All other builds are standard builds.

DEV (pushed by devs for testing) -> QA (internal QA) -> EVOCATI (usually the same build as QA) -> WIDE PU TEST (out of Evocati to larger group, usually subscribers) -> LIVE (public release)

Anyone with access to Star Marine when 2.6 was first released on 11-30, did NOT have access to SM other than via hacking the files and ending up in solo play

Think about this for a moment and you will see what's going on.

• on 11-30, 2.6 was only pushed to Evocati (800+ people). It contained the SM files, though it wasn't playable
  • The 2.5.x patch will NOT download the 2.6 Evocati build
  • Anyone (not in DEV or QA - as above) with access to 2.6 had to have downloaded it as part of the Evocati release
  • If they had access to it - as per of #3 - why then did they have to hack it in order to access Star Marine if it was an official build they could just play?

Simple. The files where. But it wasn't an official release of Star Marine. They enabled it later via a "Star Marine only" patch update due to all the noise that's been going on about it. Which is precisely what I said they would do. They did that about 48hrs later.

I can't even believe that people are arguing about this still. This is what I stated back then, and I was 100% right.

Some Shitizens are still spreading false rumors that SM is in the build. It's not.

In fact, now even the /r/StarCitizen/ denizens are actively stifling any information about this. My guess is that by the time word is widespread, they're hoping that CIG would have released it as an update.

Just now posted on my Discord channel:

the subreddit is cracking down on anything pertaining to whether or not star marine is in the release pretty hard. That post from yesterday was deleted. two threads about it have been removed. their posting guidelines about evocati leaks are the following: "When an Evocati testing session begins, information about it may not be posted until one month after the end of the session in question. Exceptions to the rule include posting the fact that an Evocati session has started, and very basic information regarding the Evocati session theme (e.g. "Balance is being redone." or "3.0 Evocati testing has begun")." I would consider whether or not the main component of the patch is actually in the patch to be pretty basic info but I guess not..

It goes like this: dev (pushed by devs for testing) -> QA (internal QA) -> Evocati (usually the same build as QA) -> wide testing (out of Evocati to larger group, usually subscribers) -> live (wide public release)

Like all builds, the Evocati builds have a unique internal build number that is incremented with each update. The updates during the Evocati test phase, go through the normal test cycle.

And it's all one build. They don't send different builds to different groups.

This release of 2.6 sans Star Marine indicates to me that either i) they want to test other things first before pushing it to Evocati from SQ or ii) it's so badly broken, that it's never coming out this year.

Note that they had slated Dec 8th as the official release. That date pushes up against the holiday sales. So this preemptive move to push 2.6 to Evocati, to me, is yet another carrot stick ploy by CIG to boost confidence during the upcoming sale, then post-sale, announce that SM isn't coming after all, let alone 2.6 going wide. Mark my words.

It's horrible. And this sort of thing is why it is hilarious to me that whales keep funding this project.

And here is Ben Parry saying he can't even talk about whether or not SM is in the 2.6 build. And my response.

WRT Star Marine, contents of evocati builds are NDA'd, but also I don't work in CS, QA or production, so why would I know?

LATEST: /r/StarCitizen_Leaks/ (<--- run by a known Shitizen, so approach with caution)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:56:51 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2016, 05:52:33 AM »
For those not following this closely, they have already missed the PU release of 2.6. Also, here's a handy diff (courtesy of Goons) showing how they have been changing the wording on the schedule page.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2016, 08:53:06 AM »
As of Dec 16th, with 2.6 still MIA and 3.0 still a pipe dream, these are the major releases this year since 2.0

v2.0 (patch notes), Dec 12, 2015
v2.1.0, Jan 15, 2016
v2.2.0, March 4, 2016
v2.3.0, March 26, 2016
v2.4.0, June 9, 2016
v2.5.0, Aug 25, 2016

And during this period, these are ALL the Star Marine updates. Yet, here we are, over a year later, and they still can't get it working.

AUGUST 22ND 2015
AUGUST 29TH 2015
SEPTEMBER 19TH 2015
OCTOBER 23RD 2015

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2016, 10:54:23 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2016, 10:54:45 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2016, 11:27:41 AM »
The now removed livestream

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »
Star Marine in 2.6. Somehow CIG managed to fail at building an FPS component with an engine built for FPS games. Crashes, lags, disconnects etc.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Narrenbart

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2016, 04:13:34 PM »
Star Marine in 2.6. Somehow CIG managed to fail at building an FPS component with an engine built for FPS games. Crashes, lags, disconnects etc.

And is a complete different experience than the PU FPS ... sure .. we know why ... and we know how Devs love to do redundant work on 2 different modules that are not compatible with each other and how this plays out :)

Stan

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2016, 05:19:29 AM »
The SM Netcode probs will just be discounted by the fans. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk