Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1316785 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1395 on: October 28, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »
It just occured to me that making torrents of those clips (and having the magnet links here) would make it impossible for CIG to get rid of them. I'd share them  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1396 on: October 29, 2017, 05:46:32 AM »
After $160m and 6yrs, this is the 3.0 Evocati build as of a few days ago. Have fun.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x666ggn

It's already been REDACTED. Was this the octopus commando I've seen elsewhere?

Yes, it was

You guys need alt accounts so you can repost this stuff as often as possible. Any chance the video file can be safely downloaded? Would that place this website in jeopardy if it was somehow loaded here?

Too much trouble tbh. It's not worth the hassle. 3.0 is coming out soon, then the hilarity will be on open display as always.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1397 on: October 29, 2017, 12:13:49 PM »
I wonder how long it will be before they release this mess to the public, unless you have heard anything from the con?
My guess is it might be several months before 3.0 is released. Nobody knows just what level of bugginess Robbers will decide is correct.

In the meanwhile we would love to see 3.0 in the meanwhile. It works a lot better when I call it CRAP and can point to the video as evidence.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1398 on: October 29, 2017, 01:12:59 PM »
I wonder how long it will be before they release this mess to the public, unless you have heard anything from the con?
My guess is it might be several months before 3.0 is released. Nobody knows just what level of bugginess Robbers will decide is correct.

In the meanwhile we would love to see 3.0 in the meanwhile. It works a lot better when I call it CRAP and can point to the video as evidence.

Nothing's changed on my end as far as sources go. As I previously wrote, they still maintain that it needs minimum 6 months in dev test before it's anywhere near read for live. CIG will have to release something before year end. And my guess is that they will try to fix all the crash bugs, then dump it on backers just before holidays, then piss off until the new years. Just like 2016.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

BigM

« Reply #1399 on: October 30, 2017, 01:15:58 PM »
The whole thing is just amazing and in long run this could be required reading in schools long after CRoberts and Sandi are counting days before they get out of jail. Then we have to wonder how bad this will end up hurting Kickstarter.

If people could end up in jail then it sure seems they have one bad attorney!

At times, I think CRoberts is just playing with you, then actually release a game that is playable? Is there any way the insiders you talk to could play a game like this?   

Okay never mind CRoberts isn't that smart to pull that off.  :)

N0mad

« Reply #1400 on: October 30, 2017, 01:23:11 PM »
I can't wait to see this new production schedule for 3.0 which they're revealing in a few days.

My guess is that it's going to be bad news and 3.0 isn't going to be in the hands of the backers for many more months. Good thing all the whales can't get refunds anymore !!

Does anyone think it's likely that they've got some SQ42 to show off in December?

Motto

« Reply #1401 on: October 30, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »
So much for the new FPS

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:52:42 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1402 on: October 30, 2017, 01:51:23 PM »
I can't wait to see this new production schedule for 3.0 which they're revealing in a few days.

My guess is that it's going to be bad news and 3.0 isn't going to be in the hands of the backers for many more months. Good thing all the whales can't get refunds anymore !!

Does anyone think it's likely that they've got some SQ42 to show off in December?

I remember when I wrote that my sources said that 3.0 was in no way shape or form ready to leave 3.0 QA for another 6 months.

Of course they wanted to build to hype so they released it prematurely a month before CC2017.

Then croberts goes on stage and talks about things Evocati find that the QA and devs can't find, when half the shit in the changelog are either 1) internal and not even something QA or Evocati would have known about, 2) bloody obvious to anyone with half a brain

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1403 on: October 30, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »
So much for the new FPS

That's basically it. Though we have no way of knowing if that's Evocati 3.0 or not, that has not improved one iota since the last time I played it and reported that performance (networking and engine) were abysmal.

But they're totally going to come out with procgen cities though.  :bahgawd:

Kyrt

« Reply #1404 on: October 30, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »

They probably do.

Enough to show some degree of progress.

However, if they were anywhere near release it likely would have been showcased by now

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1405 on: October 30, 2017, 05:53:42 PM »
If anything, it'll be like CC17; a smoke-and-mirrors fest full of stitched together tech demos and no actual gameplay being shown.

David-2

« Reply #1406 on: October 30, 2017, 06:00:48 PM »
So much for the new FPS

It was explained to me on reddit that I'm an idiot because I didn't understand that your avatar clipping through your spaceship is totally the result of bad netcode requiring non-optimized round-trips to the server.  (Also, because alpha, even after 5 years of the same bug.)

I'm sure that explains low FPS too.

So, we're just waiting for the netcode patch RSN and all will be well.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:03:42 PM by David-2 »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1407 on: October 30, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »
As I have said before, with all that Art Work I'm sure a card game with a lore master a la Dungeons and Dragons is perfect for this crowd, Geeky Nostalgic, Boring.

My x85 just snuck behind your Bumblebee fighter and let loose a size 3 missile, Quick, roll the dice, BOOM You got wasted. ARRRGH!
WOW what fun!
But I punched out first and attached a mini limpet mine on your ship. Bonus roll! You are dead! HA!

See, perfect for the neck beard crew.

Meowz

« Reply #1408 on: October 30, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »
As I have said before, with all that Art Work I'm sure a card game with a lore master a la Dungeons and Dragons is perfect for this crowd, Geeky Nostalgic, Boring.

My x85 just snuck behind your Bumblebee fighter and let loose a size 3 missile, Quick, roll the dice, BOOM You got wasted. ARRRGH!
WOW what fun!
But I punched out first and attached a mini limpet mine on your ship. Bonus roll! You are dead! HA!

See, perfect for the neck beard crew.

I assume you are not aware of their role playing ships forum? Its like what you described, but without the pictures...  :3: :laugh:

ChrisIhao

« Reply #1409 on: October 30, 2017, 11:19:17 PM »
The whole thing is just amazing and in long run this could be required reading in schools long after CRoberts and Sandi are counting days before they get out of jail. Then we have to wonder how bad this will end up hurting Kickstarter.

If people could end up in jail then it sure seems they have one bad attorney!

At times, I think CRoberts is just playing with you, then actually release a game that is playable? Is there any way the insiders you talk to could play a game like this?   

Okay never mind CRoberts isn't that smart to pull that off.  :)

Is anyone making a documentary about SC btw? From beginning to end. If not that would be a lost opportunity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk