Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1313843 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1515 on: November 17, 2017, 07:25:40 AM »
For EU and AUS this won't work. The 3.0 is not the finished product, so they have to keep on refunding. Since they are lacking the money already and will not generate any new income as soon as 3.0 is released as the MVP, it'll be all over soon anyway...

Flashwit

« Reply #1516 on: November 17, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »
Sure, but going bankrupt is probably a decent enough exit strategy for the people at the top. Not so great for the lineworkers that won't get paid though.

Motto

« Reply #1517 on: November 17, 2017, 10:43:59 AM »
Going bankrupt won't save Chris and his croonies. When CIG crashes, the real drama will start.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:59:55 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1518 on: November 17, 2017, 11:43:51 AM »
Going bankrupt won't save Chris and his croonies. When CIG crashed, the real drama will start.

Yup, that's basically going to be the most hilarious part of the farce.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

N0mad

« Reply #1520 on: November 17, 2017, 02:16:28 PM »
It has the feel of a last little desperate push for cash before the ELE :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #1521 on: November 17, 2017, 02:28:31 PM »
It's gotten so out of hand that everything they write at this moment is pure science fiction itself.

SpaceTroll

« Reply #1522 on: November 17, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1523 on: November 17, 2017, 03:53:34 PM »
It has the feel of a last little desperate push for cash before the ELE :laugh:

Thing is, as was proven back when they came "clean" and posted a massive list of bugs, they are STILL withholding the true amount of issues in the project. Which means, given how massive 3.0 is, there are probably 1000+ bugs in there, added to the 3000+ still in 2.6.3

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1524 on: November 19, 2017, 03:30:13 PM »

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1525 on: November 19, 2017, 04:57:50 PM »

You could argue the drought began at either GrimHex or Star Marine when you compare the number of releases before each event to the number afterward.

N0mad

« Reply #1526 on: November 20, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7e2y7w/release_timeline/

I've never seen this sub reddit so salty. When you lay out the timeline as above, it's painfully apparent how little progress has been made. I'm sure it won't stop the whales emptying their wallets at the holiday sale to keep the project stumbling on for another year.

David-2

« Reply #1527 on: November 20, 2017, 12:50:56 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7e2y7w/release_timeline/

I've never seen this sub reddit so salty.

What's truly remarkable about it is there is nobody at all claiming that the negative remarks are coming from trolls or DS alts!

BTW, speaking of the drought - I haven't noticed anybody in any recent reddit thread attributing delays to "tool development" such that things will move faster in the future once all this great tooling-under-development is in place!  So maybe that excuse is finally retired.

There are still a few folks - even in this thread! - claiming the delay is due to all the awesome unprecedented "tech" being developed in this game.  AFAIK most of this "tech" (e.g., the magic Subsumption!) has yet to be seen outside of subscriber videos, and some of it isn't even seen there, only talked about.  (I myself have developed, over the past few years, a sublinear exact solution to the Travelling Salesman Problem, it's awesome tech, and I'll be releasing it as soon as I finish polishing it...)

Final comment: short memories!  There are still people - even in this thread! - claiming that 3.0 is a major advance and denying that any cuts have been made to it since it was "announced" by CR.

N0mad

« Reply #1528 on: November 20, 2017, 01:13:58 PM »
I haven't noticed anybody in any recent reddit thread attributing delays to "tool development" such that things will move faster in the future once all this great tooling-under-development is in place!  So maybe that excuse is finally retired.

It's almost as though the SC defenders have finally run out of excuses.

I can't wait for 3.0 to go live and turn out to be a massive disappointment -> GET A REFUND

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk