Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1315923 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - General
« Reply #1950 on: April 02, 2018, 04:53:56 PM »
When you can't keep track of the lies.

SomethingJones has the latest on yet another promise that was totally a lie.

LET'S TALK ABOUT THE DOCKING

March 2016: Ship to ship docking was scheduled to begin development in or shortly after March 2016. Docking and undocking from an Idris was working in March 2016.

Chris Roberts, 10FTC ep78, March 7th 2016:
"Craig Gransell who's done the sort of landing system, he's still got some... landing system stuff that he's wrapping up for Squadron FORTY TWO and some... enhancements for Star Citizen and that, this will probably be the next... TASK to get this working it's not THAT difficult, I mean basically you just kinda wanna get... it's just like the landing system really you get in a certain area and then you say Ok... DOCK and then we'll just sorta bring you in and CONNECT you and the Merlin will be attached to the Constellation and then, hopefully you can get out and you should just be able to enter into the... back of the Constellation so ah, I do wanna (incoherent mumble) cos it's ah, NOT... that difficult technically to get working it's really just people have had a whole bunch of other things they're working on first, ah for instance you know we... ah... you know... HAVEN'T SHOWN IT YET, but you know we have an IDRIS FLYING AROUND and you can land inside it and take off inside it and, em, walk around it and it's pretty cool so um, ah, that was sort of the higher priority and we've still got some stuff to do on the bigger ships in terms of ah....

May 2017 Neither docking nor ship landing are implemented, both are in the planning stage. Station docking is in the 'long term plan'. You won't be able to perform ship to ship docking.

Matt Sherman CIG:
You won't be docking to something that could suddenly have movement capability. There will be long term plans for letting a ship dock to a stationary location. The plans for landing small ships/vehicles/etc to larger ships is coming along, we have a solid enough plan for it, though everything is always subject to implementation.

April 2018 What has been said previously about docking has been "misunderstood" or has "changed" since it was said. You will be able to perform ship to ship docking.

Star Citizen: Culling All Devs - Ship Docking, Scanning and Cockpit Customization

@ 6:32

Lando:
These are questions that are both related to some... some... "old school mis-perceptions about Star Citizen", you know, things that were said in previous episodes of Around The Verse or on Spectrum, what-not... they were maybe MISUNDERSTOOD at the time, or things that have CHANGED since then, so these... these are questions that we'd wanted to address for a WHILE, they've COME UP, they've been VOTED UP...

What about ship to station docking? Ship to ship docking? What's the deal there?

Kirk Tome:
Uh... ship to ship and ship to station docking, ah... were PLANNED for quite some time, unfortunately they're ah... a little bit in the BACKLOG so we haven't had an opportunity to work on them... but they are in the WORKS and we do plan to not only allow to, um... SHIPS to... dock with EACH OTHER, but also to dock on specific ports on stations. Um, and... this is primarily to allow the transport of both personnel and cargo... using some, ah... PHYSICAL MEANS to transport those commodities in between ah... uhh... eh... ahhh.....
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1951 on: April 03, 2018, 05:50:12 AM »
If you were wondering why the Star Citizen Reddit and official Spectrum forums were on fire after the 3.1 release.

7 yrs + $180m (other people's money) + 5 studios + 500+ devs

Brought you this (one of the latest ships implemented in 3.1)

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1952 on: April 03, 2018, 06:35:53 AM »
If you were wondering why the Star Citizen Reddit and official Spectrum forums were on fire after the 3.1 release.

7 yrs + $180m (other people's money) + 5 studios + 500+ devs

Brought you this (one of the latest ships implemented in 3.1)

:perfect: :emot-lol: pure comedic genius using the old wonka scene for that.

My question would be why are they having such persistent issues with minor things, doors, clipping, elevators?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 06:44:29 AM by jwh1701 »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1953 on: April 03, 2018, 07:08:28 AM »

The non existent "game" is an Old School mis-perception"

He must be talking about you again Derek !

I wonder if this terminology will come up in the court case...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:10:56 AM by StanTheMan »

David-2

« Reply #1954 on: April 03, 2018, 07:20:09 AM »
My question would be why are they having such persistent issues with minor things, doors, clipping, elevators?

Some whale should spend the $60 and send CR this book.  Then he could hand it off to one of his junior developers and get all these clipping issues fixed.  While he paid attention to the important details, like approving the art design for the toilets in the Constellation so they'll give you full immersion in cinematic fidelity.

("When you press and hold ctrl-L to raise the seat there's a telescopic hydraulic cylinder that lifts it from the right side.  No, wait, the left side. No. No.  The right side.  And there's a quiet whoosh.  Lift the sound from those Star Trek doors.  TOS, of course, idiot, not Discovery! Hang on. Wait. No. On the left side on port loos and the right side on starboard loos!")
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:28:50 AM by David-2 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Bubba

« Reply #1956 on: April 04, 2018, 01:55:12 PM »
As far as REC goes, CR was quite clear in 2015 that giving them out helped get certain aspects of the game tested. Now they've stopped, and the numbers of "testers" have fallen.

Behold! Like the mythical platform of Windows, which took six and a half years to go from 1.0 to 3.1, SC has trundled through to 3.1. 3.11, the first "good" version,  is just around the corner!

The testing has come to an end... the MVP is nigh!

Or that nobody's playing it works to their advantage. Gotta have an exit strategy.

Motto

« Reply #1957 on: April 04, 2018, 02:23:17 PM »
Gotta have an exit strategy.

Is this where "DOORS" comes in?

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1958 on: April 04, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »
I thought much the same as bubba as soon as I read that they removed the REC from the game. They reduced the odds that people will turn out to play and at the same time reduced the server loads and minimized the odds of 2 players appearing in the same area. Instant bug report reductions. It'as amazing that there were no fits from backers. If I were still in this mess I'd be fuming.

The money grab fits Robbers to a T. They have to be close to running on fumes with the donations way down and with the current state of things so abysmal the trend is unlikely to turn around.

Padrepapp

« Reply #1959 on: April 05, 2018, 01:14:19 AM »
My rant:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/981565344178417665.html

"BREAKING: I hate to say "I told you so"

Won't buy this bullshit, I bet you love it you liar!  :police:

N0mad

« Reply #1960 on: April 05, 2018, 02:32:18 AM »
I thought much the same as bubba as soon as I read that they removed the REC from the game. They reduced the odds that people will turn out to play and at the same time reduced the server loads and minimized the odds of 2 players appearing in the same area. Instant bug report reductions. It'as amazing that there were no fits from backers. If I were still in this mess I'd be fuming.

The money grab fits Robbers to a T. They have to be close to running on fumes with the donations way down and with the current state of things so abysmal the trend is unlikely to turn around.

I think you have to consider that everything CIG does at this point is designed to please a single group: the Whales. This group don't need REC - they've bought most of the ships, not having REC gives them an excuse to buy more. This group will also be relied on to buy more UEC to expedite the respawn of their favourite ship. CIG don't care about pissing off ordinary backers at this point, - for every backer complaining about it I'm sure several more will be buying more ships or credit to keep playing. The fact that their community will decline to just a few hardcore fans won't bother Roberts as long as they keep sending him cash. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1961 on: April 05, 2018, 09:02:05 AM »
As far as REC goes, CR was quite clear in 2015 that giving them out helped get certain aspects of the game tested. Now they've stopped, and the numbers of "testers" have fallen.

Behold! Like the mythical platform of Windows, which took six and a half years to go from 1.0 to 3.1, SC has trundled through to 3.1. 3.11, the first "good" version,  is just around the corner!

The testing has come to an end... the MVP is nigh!

Or that nobody's playing it works to their advantage. Gotta have an exit strategy.

That's precisely it. Nobody is playing the other modules; and they only do so in order to get REC. CIG have basically figured that out. So, even though the game isn't even anywhere near finished, they removed REC ships from the PU because then it means people have to buy ships.

Mark my words: The next thing they are going to do, is deprecated aUEC and enable actual UEC which is sold for real cash. It's all a desperate cash grab now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1962 on: April 05, 2018, 09:02:57 AM »
"BREAKING: I hate to say "I told you so"

Won't buy this bullshit, I bet you love it you liar!  :police:

:emot-lol:

N0mad

« Reply #1963 on: April 05, 2018, 12:54:06 PM »
Hmmm, so this week's ATV: please can someone explain why they need to procedurally generate the space stations? Modular, yes, but why not just have an artist spend a day making a hundred combination of modules?

N0mad

« Reply #1964 on: April 05, 2018, 01:03:02 PM »
Never mind, I got to 12.25 and realised that it must all be a belated April fools.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk