Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314318 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen - General
« Reply #2115 on: June 09, 2018, 04:03:31 AM »
With 3.2 getting ready for release I thought I'd do a quick cut and paste job to see how it compares to their original promises:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2116 on: June 11, 2018, 02:00:02 PM »
With 3.2 getting ready for release I thought I'd do a quick cut and paste job to see how it compares to their original promises:

Yeah, 3.2 is bare in terms of anything tangible. I am actually working on a new article which should go live later this week.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2117 on: June 12, 2018, 05:00:00 AM »
3.2 gameplay. Yup, I think it's getting worse

Mining!! :emot-lol:

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #2118 on: June 12, 2018, 06:49:01 AM »
Bored Gamer bought an Orion.

I wonder how excited he is to see how mining has panned out.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14518-Rugged-Colossus-Orion-Mining-Platform

Not living up to the billing.

The Mining in Legend of Mir 2 way back in 2001 was more involved than this becasue you used to have to jam down a key on your keyboard to go AFK and hope someone didnt come along and kill you and get a percentage of the stuff you were carrying in your bags.

You also had to go to an actual mine and not just beat up randoms rocks you found in the world.

Getting there was a lot more difficult because you could be killed by players and NPCs (lots of them).

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:55:45 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2119 on: June 12, 2018, 07:25:15 AM »
This is amazing.

An enterprising backer re-mixed the Star Citizen E3 trailer to match the current game's actual frame rate.

Forget about the fact that most of what's shown isn't even IN the game.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #2120 on: June 12, 2018, 07:47:43 AM »
An enterprising backer re-mixed the Star Citizen E3 trailer to match the current game's actual frame rate.
That are smooth even frame times. In the real experience they are all over the place depending on server load.

jwh1701

« Reply #2121 on: June 12, 2018, 02:31:19 PM »
Not sure if real but found it very funny.

https://streamable.com/qk4a4

krylite

« Reply #2122 on: June 12, 2018, 07:18:05 PM »
When the SC episode of "American Greed" airs, I can't wait to see the sorry sordid details of all the lies and self-enrichment, the luxury items, cars, SG's actress self-promotion, etc. How most of their "in-game" trailers including this one was majorly done by third party trailer makers including the 2012 purported "already-2-years in development" pitch-trailers hogwash. All the behind the scenes dirt as more former staff speak out.

Poster was right about the SC "schedule". CIG-arrests tries to 'keep pace' with Elite:Dangerous' version update release with "3.2" coming close with ED's June 28th release of its Beyond 3.1, pretending they are just a bit ahead to try to gratify their fewer remaining deluded shillizens :emot-lol:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:35:57 PM by krylite »

Penny579

« Reply #2123 on: June 12, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »
I thought the patch number related to how many years they are past completion date?   Ie) 3.2 = 3 years and 2 quarters  :tongue:

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #2124 on: June 12, 2018, 10:15:20 PM »
So there should be a new acronym for Star Citizen? Post Release Date PRD3.2?

THere has to be a better term, comon guys, pitch in an idea.

Post Announced Release Period PARP 3.2

OK yo

N0mad

« Reply #2125 on: June 12, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »
So there should be a new acronym for Star Citizen? Post Release Date PRD3.2?

THere has to be a better term, comon guys, pitch in an idea.

Post Announced Release Period PARP 3.2

Supra Completion Adjustment Measure  3.2
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:33:30 AM by N0mad »

Noztra

« Reply #2126 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:28 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2127 on: June 15, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »
I can’t even stop laughing as I’m typing this.

So, they unveiled the Vulture concept (read: JPEG) ship for sale. It costs $120 warbond (aka new money), and $140 via credit (for those melting inventory).

Right. So here’s the fun part. Stay with me, it’s absolutely hilarious.

This is a mining ship that’s neither built, nor in the game. Hence the concept JPEG.

The game doesn’t yet support mining. That feature, which they have been touting since 2013, and which was due out in 2017 after 3.0 (targeted for Dec 2016), has been stripped of pretty much everything they pitched it to be. It’s now coming in the 3.2 patch which is currently in Evocati testing. And it looks like this:

The previous ship which was sold ($140 - $155) as a concept, the Prospector, got into the game back in the 3.1 release (Mar 2018). Remember, the game doesn’t yet support mining - of any kind. They started selling it during Gamescon in 2017.

Now, having - again - increased the scope of the game with an asset that was NEVER in the original design or plan, instead of selling the Prospector (which btw didn’t do well in sales) again, they are selling the Vulture - as a concept. And if you buy the Vulture - while not already owning a Prospector - they give you that as a loaner in the game. No, I’m not kidding.

Don’t worry though; it’s totally not a scam.

Read more in my Twitter thread
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:47:50 PM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #2128 on: June 16, 2018, 10:15:48 AM »
I can’t even stop laughing as I’m typing this.

Great write up, and they things to show and do continue to make very little sense. I was waiting with anticipation to see him vaporize in the beam, that is one tuff space suit. They could at least made it a certain death if you walk into the beam.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2129 on: June 16, 2018, 12:04:50 PM »
LOL!! Looks like the Evocati YT video of the "mining" has been pulled :emot-lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk