Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314860 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - General
« Reply #2160 on: June 28, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
With this IFCS doc I got the sense that the physics guy just desperately wants people to see and understand all the work and knowledge he has put in over the course of the project, since it is obviously being wasted by the current game experience. I imagine anyone with real expertise stuck at CIG right now who can see the end coming would want to show it isn't their fault.

I can certainly see that as possibility for doing this. I would do the same if I thought it could help my career path and my current employer not fairing so well. I'm surprised Chris though even allowed the release of IFCS and the creator's document in this manner. I would have surmised we would have seen Chris on YouTube talking about the ifcs himself.

N0mad

« Reply #2161 on: June 28, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »
LOL

So in the 10 minute SQ42 update ATV:
  • Better player animations [NOT SQ42]
  • NPC Idle animations [NOT SQ42]
  • Procedural Inverse Kinematics: so hands grip different objects in a realistic way [NOT SQ42]
  • Ability to inspect weapons in your hand [NOT SQ42], later to get the ability to add attachments [CRYSIS]
  • Alien Rocket Launcer [SQ42 ART]
  • Procedural wall destruction [NOT SQ42]
  • Scrap pile assets [NOT SQ42]
  • Vanduul costumes and weapons [SQ42 ART]
  • Finally... a big push on Ships [$$$$]

So, nothing actually about SQ42 then, but that's all OK because to tell us ANYTHING would be "revealing key parts of the story".

Convenient.

oh, and the cute kids at the end, who will likely both be promoted to Senior Production roles by next week's show.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:31:49 PM by N0mad »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2162 on: June 28, 2018, 05:33:35 PM »
I just finished watching the highlights. It's all so amazing to me tbh.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

vintologi.com

« Reply #2163 on: June 29, 2018, 04:20:34 AM »
Even if they are able to deliver an ok promise it will be ruined by macrotransactions.

LTI is total bullshit, it means you just have to buy a ship once & doesn't even have to defend it.

It's just a questing of time before CiG implements something similar to lootboxes, you pay 10$ & have one chance in 25000 to win the legatus package.

Noztra

« Reply #2164 on: June 29, 2018, 05:52:14 AM »
Another ship sale. :)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16627-Alpha-32-Flyable-Ships

I like the new trailers. Got nothing to do with the game though.

Specially the title for the Anvil Hurricane. "See the Hurricane in action" and shows nothing in-game. :P

The Aegis Eclipse blows up and entire base.

Greggy_D

« Reply #2165 on: June 29, 2018, 08:21:10 AM »
They once accused Derek of doxxing, but yet they are pimping out their kids for a second time?

Lir

« Reply #2166 on: June 29, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »
These dudes are totally out of reality. 
I mean they're facing scam allegations, the feds inquiries, and all they can think about is putting their kids on screen as a last attempt shield. 
This is despicable, and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised for a second if this move was made in that purpose.

N0mad

« Reply #2167 on: June 29, 2018, 08:32:59 AM »
Are they facing a Fed enquiry?

Isn't that the sort of thing which will only happen after the collapse?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2168 on: June 29, 2018, 08:51:34 AM »
They once accused Derek of doxxing, but yet they are pimping out their kids for a second time?

I am writing an article about that right now. Should go live later today.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Lir

« Reply #2169 on: June 29, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »
Are they facing a Fed enquiry?

Isn't that the sort of thing which will only happen after the collapse?

Yeah I guess? but that doesn't remove the fact they're facing it.

vintologi.com

« Reply #2170 on: June 29, 2018, 09:10:58 AM »
I think someone else needs to take over management of this but they would inherit a big mess, maybe it will habe to go bankrupt first & someone buying the assets to finish the game.

How are they supposed to satisfy the whales? it's either p2w garbage or eve online cruelty where someones get's robbed of his 27000$ legatus fleet.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #2171 on: June 29, 2018, 01:27:54 PM »
maybe it will habe to go bankrupt first & someone buying the assets to finish the game.
The assets are worthless.

How are they supposed to satisfy the whales?
The whales are worthless, they already spent all their money on Croberts.

Just a quick reminder: Assets are worth something, when they belong to a well known brand or franchise like Star Wars and you get the license to use that with it. Whales are worth something, if they are ready to spend 200 million dollars on YOU, not after the fact.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #2172 on: June 29, 2018, 01:31:50 PM »
With this IFCS doc I got the sense that the physics guy just desperately wants people to see and understand all the work and knowledge he has put in over the course of the project, since it is obviously being wasted by the current game experience. I imagine anyone with real expertise stuck at CIG right now who can see the end coming would want to show it isn't their fault.
It's entirely wasted with Chris Roberts' preferred ship control method of point and click with a mouse, inherited from Freelancer.

vintologi.com

« Reply #2173 on: June 29, 2018, 01:43:53 PM »
The assets are worthless.
The whales are worthless, they already spent all their money on Croberts.

Just a quick reminder: Assets are worth something, when they belong to a well known brand or franchise like Star Wars and you get the license to use that with it. Whales are worth something, if they are ready to spend 200 million dollars on YOU, not after the fact.
My experience with crowdfunding is that as long as you continue to give away money they are nice but the moment you stop they will not give a fuck about you, they simply exploit the community & nice people in general, nice guys finish last. Even if you get your money back it still means you gave them a 0% loan & took a lot of risk.

The issue they have is legal liabilities, while they hate giving refunds they are too big to just ignore the law, smaller kickstarters can get away with that shit generally.

How much has chris roberts enriched himself via star citizen?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:47:20 PM by vintologi.com »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2174 on: June 29, 2018, 03:55:35 PM »
New ship packs!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk