Author Topic: Hello Mr Smart  (Read 10394 times)

stairyway888

Hello Mr Smart
« on: November 26, 2016, 06:17:09 AM »
Dear Mr Smart,
Seeing this "general chatter" section in your forum, I thought to myself, that this might be a great oppertunity to still my curiousity. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you some questions that have been on my mind recently, which I thought could also be interesting to other people that follow you, to get a look behind the man who I'd best describe as the Bloodhound Accountant Of CIG.

Here are a couple of questions I had in mind, at your disposal:

First, you describe yourself as a Science Fiction aficionado, a guy who was indie before it was a thing:

How do you, as an allround game entrepreneur, see other areas of indie development, most notably in the movie industry?
How do games and movies compare in your mind?
How do you perceive Hollywood and its influence on what our population thinks?
Which movies do you like?
Is indie (development) here to stay?
Have you seen the latest Uwe Boll film "President Down"?

Second, you have been increasing your political activity on your twitter feed in the light of the current election. No matter your political views, I wanted to ask you about your ideas about this war of information, that we are currently still exposed to.

How far does information manipulation affect us really?
What do you think about Facebooks ambitions to create an encapsulated internet, that funnels users from the third world into their pay to view net?
As advocates of accountability, how can we protect our right to know the truth?

There are many new phenomena occuring in recent times, such as a massive community forming around President Trump on reddit, which even more recently became home of disrupting events. As you already know, judging from your twitter feed regarding Pizzagate, there was a considerable amount of people going deep into the rabbit hole on reddit. Reddit CEO, shortly after its creation and soaring influx of new users, banned the whole subreddit under allegations of doxxing. It was also revealed, that he had used admin powers to manipulate posts users had written, without traceability. The implications of reddit posts being used as criminal evidene is unsettling.

How likely would it be that some guys you would call "batshit insane" are running the show?

“So far, about morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Concluding, I am looking forward to hear from you Mr Smart and hope to get some insights.
And of course, everyone else who might want to chip in here is welcome, after all this board is not only here to discuss CIG, right?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:55:17 AM by stairyway888 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk