Author Topic: General Hilarity & The Scam Within  (Read 11829 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
General Hilarity & The Scam Within
« on: November 28, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »
So this thread popped up on Reddit. Shockingly, it's still going strong.

Some choice comments.

I haven't been following the game too closely, but once I got an idea of what they were planning I knew that it wasn't going to be finished anytime soon. It's a pretty massive undertaking so I'm not surprised that it's getting pushed back. I think most people should be more realistic with their expectations from a game like this from a smaller studio. I think it's good that they're taking their time with the game, but they should be better at communicating why it's taking longer than expected.
The new TOS however, is pretty unequivocally anti-consumer. If people who have invested a lot of their money don't feel that they're getting the product they were promised, they have a right to withdraw their support. I think that is one of the rights that should be established for backers in crowd-funding.

You mean the internal schedule where they planned to release the next update to their selected test group within days of issuing it and then promptly failed to deliver the update. They still haven't pushed the update to the testers now.
That 'internal schedule' is yet another example of RSI/CIG's blatant smoke-and-mirrors show to keep the cash rolling in. They had a sale approaching, knew backer confidence was at an all time low so they promised to be more open and that people would see more progress soon. Progress which they have, yet again, failed to deliver.

Then you end up with an entire thread tangent in which someone is actually arguing that there was never a delivery date. With a straight face.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 11:38:25 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - Scam Or Not?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 10:36:50 AM »
Also, based on the new ToS of June 2016 unveiled in June amid the refund debacle, backers aren't even entitled to a refund - of any kind - regardless of whether or not CIG/RSI happens to ship a game. Even if not all the ships (concept, hangar, flight ready) are in whatever they declare is the final release.

I have an entire thread discussion about the various ToS changes over years.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:13:48 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: General Hilarity & The Scam Within
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 11:48:21 AM »
Most of the general hilarity of this project and the Shitizens, has been chronicled not only on Reddit, but also on the SA forums. Unfortunately, for historical purposes, it's hard to actually chronicle all of them; including the incessant self-owns.

So if you come across any that are worthy of note, please post them here. Also remember that you must cite the sources (via links), especially if you are posting images.

Today's entry is ABH, an account we've long suspected to belong to Sandi Gardiner, and which appears to be a shared account.

A few days ago, this account was "busted" in this thread post for thanking a backer who was making a comment thanking Sandi Gardiner.

So I tweeted about it. And sure enough, a huge discussion erupted over it.

And so now, it's hilarious watching the backpedaling over the snafu.

There was that other time when Sandi quit social media due to "harassment". I wrote not one, but two blogs about it. War Of Attrition and Woman In Gaming. So What?

somedude

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 12:32:36 PM »
ABH and I have had some history. NOw i know why she was so bitchy and defending of CiG. Had my suspicions that it was an employee, but never thought it was Sandi herself ^^.
Now i feel doubly proud i snipped her off on several occasions ^^.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 01:18:50 PM »
Yeah, she's as transparent as a soap bubble. She has slipped a few times in the past, but this is the first time that we caught her enough to do a positive ID that it's her on a shared account. We think/know it's a shared account because it tends to get probated every now and ago in order to give the appearance of a legit account. In fact, some probate offenses have had other people flat out banned for decades.  :smuggo:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

somedude

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »
Yeah, she's as transparent as a soap bubble. She has slipped a few times in the past, but this is the first time that we caught her enough to do a positive ID that it's her on a shared account. We think/know it's a shared account because it tends to get probated every now and ago in order to give the appearance of a legit account. In fact, some probate offenses have had other people flat out banned for decades.  :smuggo:

I know, i've reported her on numerous occasions. I followed her postings for about 3 months just so i could report her when she stepped out of bounds. I was temp-banned twice for saying things like : Chris is outright lying to raise funds (wich is the truth) and that they intentionally mislead backers by giving out false dates that they know they cant hit. (also truth)

so they slapped a ban on me for violation of rule 9 (not allowed to post false claims, can u believe that? moehahahaaa)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 02:20:40 PM »
LOL!! Yeah, Rule 9 is their "go to" excuse for everything  :smugjones:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk