Author Topic: Elite Dangerous  (Read 84156 times)

jwh1701

Re: Elite Dangerous
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »
Nice job getting to explorer elite. And wow, you've overlapped in me in Cr already. I might have 4bn in total assets. Well, I'm mostly a "slower" gamer in general as I spend a lot of time with ED but often casually (or lazily). I'd previously did powerplay hauling and now more powerplay related bgs missions. I had put off exploring for a long time and maybe will get into it more someday. I'm wondering if the missions server consolidation changes means a more dedicated server focus for the ED infrastructure in the future which could hopefully mean more persistent player assets.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the 3.3 update. Sounds like it'll be really nice and a big update. My faith in ED was rewarded when it was reported half a floor of their building and 100 staff were continuing to work on the game with new "milestone" goals for the future (despite all the misinformed, impatient or trollish salt & nonsense the game and FD have had to endure on its own forum and comments elsewhere) I'm also looking forward to what comes after hopefully atmospherics and maybe some walking around in one's ship someday and it's already the best overall spacesim ever made, imo.

If they could do the space legs that would be great, I hope the 3.3 will not mean another nerf to the missions or faster nerfs if they see players flock to one spot. I love to buy ships and play around with them, if the modules storage was better laid out I would not worry to much about cr. But it's so much easier to just double or triple buy them. I want to see them really bring more life to the planets and missions. When I saw the update for exploration sounded like something a little more advanced than the srv I was little disappointment. I'm hoping they do have something nice since obsidian, yamicks and others are on an nda concerning 4.0. I would love to see more interesting encounters on planets with some unique rewards or something I would have to take to get researched etc. Spent 3 1/2 days on one planet and nothing of interest no long range crash, skimmers etc.  I'm over 7b now so I hope to make it to 10b before the 3.3.

jwh1701

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2018, 08:30:35 PM »
Since I'm just farming before 3.3 i have consistently forgotten to run my market connector, I ran it to get my updates and due to the large jump in CR it gave me so funny numbers. Anyone in a private group, I have always wanted to try one, I see mobius come up a lot. I thought it might be fun to try wing or res sites with a group.

Beexoffel

• Smarties
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2018, 02:58:37 PM »
PM Commander Mobius on the Frontier forums. I think the original Mobius group reached its max player count and that he started a second one. The Mobius is group is for PvE only.

jwh1701

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2018, 04:33:34 PM »
PM Commander Mobius on the Frontier forums. I think the original Mobius group reached its max player count and that he started a second one. The Mobius is group is for PvE only.

I applied to the new group but its been two days and not accepted yet, thank you for the info and will give it a try.

krylite

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2018, 01:20:03 AM »
Great great reveal of coming exploration updates. I think ED is turning a corner into a new era of the game (next five years). Plus the orrery view, long missing from the franchise since the last elite game.

trailer
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:22:32 AM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »
Great great reveal of coming exploration updates. I think ED is turning a corner into a new era of the game (next five years). Plus the orrery view, long missing from the franchise since the last elite game.

So far everything looks great and I hoping they really push the graphics and lighting. I would still love to see lots of derelict ships, guardian, thargoids, large structures that can be driven into or even whole cave stems. And really have lots to pickup and scan in all the structures. This would really get me interested in exploring planets. I'm still farming cr as I'm worried about my favorite farming spots.

Here's my almost current cr as this was from two days ago, also taking all g5 mats also.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2018, 06:09:50 AM »
I am waiting for the latest season to release before I jump back in. The latest live stream about it left me a bit concerned and unconvinced that it would make a difference to non- diehard fans.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2018, 07:37:08 AM »
I am waiting for the latest season to release before I jump back in. The latest live stream about it left me a bit concerned and unconvinced that it would make a difference to non- diehard fans.

I agree with you as ED has always on a very vocal core group. The group always looking to make the game less appealing to a much larger audience. I switched to a fake ID back in 2015 on the forums because just about any criticism no matter how small is met with over the top reactions. They love to read something that is not even remotely what you posted about and to derail you completely. I'm happy with most aspects of the game, I just want to see a lot more things on the planets. I think space legs might be hard for stations due to design but if I could get out on a planet and explore structures that would be really cool.

jwh1701

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2018, 02:27:18 PM »

krylite

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2018, 07:06:28 PM »

which stream? the first one with the orrery or the one today? well, I guess spacelegs and atmospheric worlds are still a long way off. Hopefully they will get to them after Beyond where it must be difficult where ED is such a big scope. They had mentioned Beyond 3.3 and after were crossing into new "milestones".

I agree with you as ED has always on a very vocal core group. The group always looking to make the game less appealing to a much larger audience. I switched to a fake ID back in 2015 on the forums because just about any criticism no matter how small is met with over the top reactions. They love to read something that is not even remotely what you posted about and to derail you completely. I'm happy with most aspects of the game, I just want to see a lot more things on the planets. I think space legs might be hard for stations due to design but if I could get out on a planet and explore structures that would be really cool.

From what I can infer, you seem to refer to a "vocal core group" on the ED forum? a bunch of "white knights" or mods? Well, I do agree I'd like to see more things on planets and spacelegs too. I'm just waiting for it. ED is a breakthrough game of unprecendented scope and complexity. And Frontier was still fledgling, built and moved into a new building, and had to make other products for revenue instead of resorting to shenanigans such as marketing .jpg ships for hundreds of dollars, or a pre-order misinformation blitz like NMS. So I was ok with them gradually getting there however many years it takes. At least they're making more stable and assured progress by far than over in CIG joke-land. The new stream wasn't as awesome to me as the first, but still pretty good ^ with the bgs and ui changes. "scenarios" was about an extension of npc/faction interaction I'd hoped for over a year ago and I think they're just getting started.

So far everything looks great and I hoping they really push the graphics and lighting. I would still love to see lots of derelict ships, guardian, thargoids, large structures that can be driven into or even whole cave stems.

If you haven't seen them there were those initial thargoid bases with cavernous interior structures you could drive into with an SRV. One of the best srv spooky experiences imo. There are also a few wrecks of anacondas and small thargoid ships with materials nearby that can be collected, if you haven't seen those already.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 07:24:02 PM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2018, 06:24:01 AM »
which stream? the first one with the orrery or the one today? well, I guess spacelegs and atmospheric worlds are still a long way off. Hopefully they will get to them after Beyond where it must be difficult where ED is such a big scope. They had mentioned Beyond 3.3 and after were crossing into new "milestones".

From what I can infer, you seem to refer to a "vocal core group" on the ED forum? a bunch of "white knights" or mods? Well, I do agree I'd like to see more things on planets and spacelegs too. I'm just waiting for it. ED is a breakthrough game of unprecendented scope and complexity. And Frontier was still fledgling, built and moved into a new building, and had to make other products for revenue instead of resorting to shenanigans such as marketing .jpg ships for hundreds of dollars, or a pre-order misinformation blitz like NMS. So I was ok with them gradually getting there however many years it takes. At least they're making more stable and assured progress by far than over in CIG joke-land. The new stream wasn't as awesome to me as the first, but still pretty good ^ with the bgs and ui changes. "scenarios" was about an extension of npc/faction interaction I'd hoped for over a year ago and I think they're just getting started.

If you haven't seen them there were those initial thargoid bases with cavernous interior structures you could drive into with an SRV. One of the best srv spooky experiences imo. There are also a few wrecks of anacondas and small thargoid ships with materials nearby that can be collected, if you haven't seen those already.

I have not seen the thargoid base yet I will have to check it out. My fear for sometime is the player numbers. I do not mind the grind, or the old engineering with out mat traders, guardians was not to bad either. But you can tell the numbers are low, mobious is very quite for 40k plus players, steam is very low. I just want to see ED to continue going and if they can attract a large player base maybe even more great updates. But I really do not know what it will take to get more players back to the game honestly. 3.3 update I do not believe it will but the 4.0 update is definitely from what it looks like so far is a great.

jwh1701

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2018, 06:26:19 AM »
LOL Crazy out of box ship load-out

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2018, 06:34:39 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2018, 07:31:17 PM »

krylite

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2018, 03:30:53 PM »
I have not seen the thargoid base yet I will have to check it out. My fear for sometime is the player numbers. I do not mind the grind, or the old engineering with out mat traders, guardians was not to bad either. But you can tell the numbers are low, mobious is very quite for 40k plus players, steam is very low. I just want to see ED to continue going and if they can attract a large player base maybe even more great updates. But I really do not know what it will take to get more players back to the game honestly. 3.3 update I do not believe it will but the 4.0 update is definitely from what it looks like so far is a great.

I would agree ED suffered a worrying decline this year particularly over the spring & summer, but I think overall, it's still surviving on average. On the steamcharts , ED is still relatively on par or higher than other major players in the genre. Today it's back up to 75 on the top games back above NoMan'sSky at 87. There was so much vitriol on yt comments on ED related channels blaming the devs or dissing the game up to just before the 3.3 beta previews and now it's finally back to calm and even hopeful positivity (whew).

I think the new 3.3 features and updates are great and a big boost to the game. Nice to see Frontier is prioritizing ED dev again this year and supposedly a new phase of better things to come post-Beyond. It's also reported the staff numbers are up to 100 for ED development. In general, ED's ongoing successful development and X4 coming out soon just further shows how much of a ponzi mess and obsolete CIG & SC are now.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:36:39 PM by krylite »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk