Author Topic: Elite Dangerous  (Read 84228 times)

krylite

Re: Elite Dangerous
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2021, 04:43:32 PM »
It's finally here! The fpv "starport tour" walkthrough station lounges, npc vendors and counters and optional interactivity, working elevators, beautiful view of one's ship in the hangar from fpv. Great sound work by Frontier as always. o7

And the next "collage" of yt remarks on reaction to this starport tour video,  :emot-laugh: . Enjoy, o7!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 02:18:40 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2021, 11:06:53 AM »
ED took the main part of SC and made it a DLC  :emot-allears:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

krylite

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2021, 12:21:05 PM »
Oh, yep, what SC tries to get their core running stabily, ED now appropriates a working equivalent enough in the starport room (, although much of this was planned in early ED kickstarter preconcept paintings already in their ten year vision, and no standing on chairs for years, haha). So a quick report update. "Rusty Dog" is currently doing a stream. (my own system has an old gtx 860m gpu, since I don't play newer games much these days; and it's crashing too much, so am updating the driver. But rustydog is stable so far)

What the stream shows is so amazing. It even has a flight to a planet in the system already, landing on the outpost, plenty of voice acting npc talk, lots of things working, very interactive. Streamer had another player who screwed up with security and got shot off. New planet textures, so amazing. Even npcs doing security checks scanning the player with their handheld scanners and animation. Lots of voice acting. And continuing FDev's premier sound design and effects. I have tears leaking, emotion of vindication, and it's amazing how my faith is rewarded past all these years of shillish, ignorant, or trollish naysaying - ("game is dead","abandoned", "spacelegs/atmospherics will never happen", etc.). So much possibility and adventure already seen now with this stream. Great triumph of Frontier and Fdev of this new foundation and era of ED. The SC scam is dying and everyone will eventually see why on seeing this, other videos and the alpha as it progress to beta and launch. o7

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:34:19 PM by krylite »

krylite

« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2021, 05:37:52 PM »
Well, my system is too weak to play the Odyssey alpha at any good framerate, resolution, and texturing as a seven year old system and gpu /w windows 8. I may have to upgrade to a new system soon anyways.

For now, among the streaming videos, I think this one is a good summary. (but she adds some of her own choice of music in the stream) It shows the lounge, some Apex spaceflight taxi, sneaking about outposts before becoming antagonistic where one can simply relax in the living habitat areas, or even join the other faction onsite. And then some fps action, far better than that very early pre-alpha trailer. And now the streamer shows off fps with kinetic weapons. Far better combo of space and fpv in stability (no techdemo "TheaterOfWar" distraction excuse; it's all integrated with the missions and great new ui terminals and kiosks with plenty on many outposts) and puts to shame anything SC has ever done in terms of stability and functionality and of course the ED galactic interstellar and systems model is ever present and working in real time; ED triumphantly setting yet another unprecedented pioneering bar. I can tell the SC shills and sunkcost deniers have quieted down and are probably hiding away for now, some no doubt quietly trying the alpha , laughably. The naysaying of ED by the SC shills has been dealt a big blow, and silenced for the most part for now , and the SC ponzi is deader. Enjoy.

Just saw that Burr-pit recently put out another mission playthrough: (great demo of low-g jumping, and stealthy sneaking about)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 06:22:54 PM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2021, 07:01:47 PM »
It's finally here! The fpv "starport tour" walkthrough station lounges, npc vendors and counters and optional interactivity, working elevators, beautiful view of one's ship in the hangar from fpv. Great sound work by Frontier as always. o7

I have not played to much lately due to work and many projects. I'm certainly looking forward to this though.

McDrake

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2021, 01:21:46 AM »
Well, my system is too weak to play the Odyssey alpha at any good framerate, resolution, and texturing as a seven year old system and gpu /w windows 8. I may have to upgrade to a new system soon anyways.
I think, thats a problem of the Alpha.
I see many complains about the performance... even with 2070s

And its full of sta... bugs!

krylite

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2021, 11:41:08 PM »
Glad you guys noticed. With the phase 2 of the Odyssey alpha, now one can go in their own ships, and it's nothing short of amazing with being able to exit the ship on foot in all the available locations and seeing the scale as well as first light atmospherics, etc. First, here we go.., the next yt (and some reddit) "collage" of comments of the yt reactions to the alpha phase 1 and 2 drops,  :emot-laugh:, enjoy all.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:58:30 PM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2021, 05:58:31 AM »
Yeah, they really knocked this out of the park. Hope they can get the performance up though.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

krylite

« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2021, 06:16:08 PM »
yes, from the commentary in the ED dev streaming, I'd heard they acknowledged the slowed frame rates among their q&a , but that's all they did and didn't specify when they would do more optimization. My guess is that they are letting it hang out rougher and slower for now for the alpha while they smooth out any bugs for the core new functionality of Odyssey and I've faith they will get to optimizing more at least once it moves into beta.

So many stream playthrough videos of phase2 of Odyssey out there so I'm sure many can now see much more of the possibilities outside of just the first fps visuals and gameplay. Great new vistas of their texturing and light atmospheric sun lighting.  And their bio-genome feature of phase 2 this week. The announcement video:

A quick sampling "collage" of the comments,  :emot-laugh:

And ED has again reached their highest peak players since their launch in late 2015, at least on steam charts reporting. (tens of thousands of owned fleet carriers, 500k active player accounts reported last month) So much for all the instigated naysaying and impatience, some of it by sc shillizining over the years.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 06:32:20 PM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2021, 06:40:47 AM »
Shitizens are just salty AF

krylite

« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2021, 10:35:20 PM »
hehe, yep. It had often been going on so long about "the grass is greener" over on the SC side compared to ED's gradual development, and it was discouraging to see so much naysaying and impatience particularly on ED's own official forums and of the naysaying forum trolls who just have their fun bashing the game and the dev endlessly. Sure, it took a while, but Frontier is a legit dev studio with pragmatic business oversight on their board, realistic design prioritizing with their limited time and resources, and a growing now publicly traded company already with tier venture funds invested along with three other successful games released since ED's launch. But now, I'd noticed a lot of the trolled criticism of ED has shut up for now and there's a lot more positive enthusiasm and hopeful comments in general on yt and in discussions. And the SC yt shill channels and commenters have largely shut up or quieted as Odyssey is moving to phase 3. I think it dealt a serious reflective blow to the cultists now that the SC ponzi and their predatory marketing and propaganda is further exposed comparatively, by Odyssey alpha's functional success. Maybe some more sillizens are finally realizing or facing up to their sunkcost predicament and realizing how duped they were for too long by CR, Sandi and the shills. Hopefully class-action or at least some petition backlash gradually gains traction to finally get some serious action done about this cig-sc burning dumpster of a project , long turned into a crowdfunding ponzi.

Anyways, great new videos I've picked out showcasing the new planetary texture with light atmosphere of ED Odyssey alpha. With so much infinite seeming possibilities for these new vistas and visuals as the millions of locations gets opened up in the future with Oddysey's improvments. A short, eye-impressive one already obviating CR's old justifications for cryengine use visuals:

A longer video showcasting light atmospheric lighting and expansive vista, also great generated atmospheric haze of the horizon edge on approach:

I thought this was an interesting russian version mission video of the alpha. Where the cmdr does a non-lethal electiric shock takedown, and otherwise does a subterfuge mission culminating with doing some fixing replacement park task in a chemical industrial outpost. He also speeds up the lull walking in between. Very nice that there is russian voice acting with the npc's. So Frontier also comprehensively updated their language support with the Oddysey alpha. (although there is missing mouth movement of some npc's with the russian dialogue)

So overall, far more to see and do and functionality than just fps shooting combat. o7

edit: oh wow, I saw this new one of Odyssey which also includes timelapse. A great "RIP sc" one.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 03:59:45 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2021, 04:18:57 PM »
Shitizens are jumping ship but keeping it on the down low :)

krylite

« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2021, 11:51:05 AM »
Yes, there were a few threads on the sc refunds subreddit where a few sunkcost were  saying they were trying ED, finally  , after rejecting it from the naysaying and shilling for so long, pretending quietly on the lowdown haha, they weren't that sunk and cultish, but good at least they're finally "wising up", where the ED:O alpha probably saved some more with its realization/"shock" therapy.  :grin:

Here's another great video, this time from Buur pit and collaborators, showing another great summary of the Odyssey alpha and it's multiplayer, multiasset stability and great visuals. (um, ok, they need to sort out that walking bug) enjoy, o7.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:53:01 AM by krylite »

krylite

« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2021, 10:13:51 PM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:31:49 PM by krylite »

McDrake

« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2021, 01:46:01 AM »
Well... Odyssey started somehow like SC
:/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk