Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330392 times)

Aya Reiko

Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2019, 11:38:49 PM »
Squander 42 will be a rushed out buggy mess if it is released at all, I can't really see CI(G) developing a new found sense of focus and meeting a tight deadline for completion, they haven't so far despite being close to going under in the past as you have shown. Thinking about it, they did develop a new found focus on milking the whales for everything they could so I guess anything can happen :)

Roberts could basically sell more of his shares and donate the money raised to the company to keep the wolves from the door for a bit longer and get a bit closer to the S42 release, or he could attempt to cash out for whatever he can get.

After what happened to the Fyre festival owner, I'd be a bit worried though, better move to somewhere with no extradition treaty to the US.
I also expect the acting to be really, really wooden and the script third-rate at best.  CRoberts wants to direct and, obviously, he has no business directing.  Furthermore, as I mentioned earlier, the cast will only be of interest to those still stuck in the 90's.

There is nothing to look forward to with S42 other than to laugh at it on how bad it is.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #421 on: January 26, 2019, 03:46:12 AM »
I also expect the acting to be really, really wooden and the script third-rate at best.  CRoberts wants to direct and, obviously, he has no business directing.  Furthermore, as I mentioned earlier, the cast will only be of interest to those still stuck in the 90's.

There is nothing to look forward to with S42 other than to laugh at it on how bad it is.

At least try to put your hatred to one side occasionally. Why would you expect the acting to be 'really, really wooden'? The cast is full of excellent actors, especially that Gardiner, I hear she's a real talent...

But seriously, Gary Oldman, Mark Strong, John Rhys Davies, Gillian Anderson, Andy Serkis...they're pretty damn good.

Motto

« Reply #422 on: January 26, 2019, 04:09:18 AM »
You're missing the point, being that those may or may not be fabulous actors, they don't ring a bell by people under 40 - the heavy gamers population - and Chris is a shitty director. So of course it won't help CIG.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #423 on: January 26, 2019, 04:28:58 AM »
At least try to put your hatred to one side occasionally. Why would you expect the acting to be 'really, really wooden'? The cast is full of excellent actors, especially that Gardiner, I hear she's a real talent...

But seriously, Gary Oldman, Mark Strong, John Rhys Davies, Gillian Anderson, Andy Serkis...they're pretty damn good.

Yes, they are good actors. That scene that was shown of Gary Oldman giving a supposedly rousing speech was awful though, I hope that the rest of it is of a higher quality. I doubt it though.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2019, 05:30:48 AM »
You're missing the point, being that those may or may not be fabulous actors, they don't ring a bell by people under 40 - the heavy gamers population - and Chris is a shitty director. So of course it won't help CIG.

I'm not missing any points. Having good actors means the acting will be good. Whether the names are recognised by anyone won't change the acting performance in any way.

I didn't comment on the other parts of the post because I don't know if the writing is bad, good or indifferent and I have no idea if the direction is either. I do know that the acting talent is excellent and therefore, I expect the acting quality to be excellent too. Wouldn't take much to be better than the vast majority of video game acting performances to be fair!

Motto

« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2019, 05:35:35 AM »
The speech scene doesn't look like it was perfectly acted but butched up completely afterwards. It looked like the directing/writing/scripting was so horrible that no matter how good the acting from the best actors in the world, it only could result in shite. As it did. But theorycrafting about a game that will never come out is pointless.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2019, 06:11:06 AM »
The speech scene doesn't look like it was perfectly acted but butched up completely afterwards. It looked like the directing/writing/scripting was so horrible that no matter how good the acting from the best actors in the world, it only could result in shite. As it did. But theorycrafting about a game that will never come out is pointless.

Wait. You still think Squadron 42 will never see a release? Are you serious? Amazing. Completely ridiculous, but amazing.

Thanks for the lol.

Motto

« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2019, 07:17:03 AM »
Right back at you for that comment. Expecting that CIG actually wil release something vaguely resembling what was promised  :emot-laffo:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2019, 07:39:26 AM »

Oh yeah, because NONE of those people have ever been in a bad movie. Are you serious (you are).
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2019, 09:19:21 AM »
Oh yeah, because NONE of those people have ever been in a bad movie. Are you serious (you are).

Can a bad movie have good acting in it?
Did I mention the quality of the game/movie?
Was I only questioning the comment regarding the quality of acting being 'really, really wooden', with no mention as to the game itself being good or bad?

Please answer those questions in your head, read your response and wonder, as I did, u wot m8?

Right back at you for that comment. Expecting that CIG actually wil release something vaguely resembling what was promised  :emot-laffo:

Squadron 42 has become much more than an updated Wing Commander. So at last, we agree, it won't resemble the original pitch. It'll be much more. Isn't that part of you guys' problem? Trying to do too much.

I'm looking forward to it. I reckon it'll be a fun few hours in the UEE navy thing.

jwh1701

« Reply #430 on: January 26, 2019, 11:26:51 AM »

I would agree for me that Chris has some great actors, but my respect for some has been diminished.  I have kept a few update to date on the many aspects of the development over the past few years and its obvious they will continue shilling for the project based on their actions. The Mo-capping for me was just one of the sad missteps in the development since they did not even have you engine close to handling the basics. Why start such a monumental cost to backers before you even had any idea how it would even function properly? I feel based on his past that he jumped into this aspect as he wants to become relevant again in Hollywood and rub shoulders with AAA actors at the cost of the backers.  I do not believe top actors will help the project in the same way great actors can not help a poorly scripted and managed movie.

Scruffpuff

« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2019, 12:39:08 PM »
I would agree for me that Chris has some great actors, but my respect for some has been diminished.  I have kept a few update to date on the many aspects of the development over the past few years and its obvious they will continue shilling for the project based on their actions. The Mo-capping for me was just one of the sad missteps in the development since they did not even have you engine close to handling the basics. Why start such a monumental cost to backers before you even had any idea how it would even function properly? I feel based on his past that he jumped into this aspect as he wants to become relevant again in Hollywood and rub shoulders with AAA actors at the cost of the backers.  I do not believe top actors will help the project in the same way great actors can not help a poorly scripted and managed movie.

That was Chris's goal, but he was never really worth anything even during his brief Hollywood stint.  Hollywood by all accounts makes more bad movies than good, and there's a "Chris Roberts" and more for every stinker.  Since he wrote the script, it's already bottom-tier shit, no matter who he tricked to act for him with money stolen under the guise of making an MMO that he's too dumb to make.

I'm practically praying for SQ42.  It's been years since we've had real, honest-to-god absolute shit to make fun of and fuel years of memes and ridicule.  The "AAA publishers" generic crap can range from OK to not-so-OK, but it's rare that their stuff is openly inept and submoronic.  Chris is up for that challenge - in fact there may not be anyone more qualified.  (Although Richard Garriott appears to be making some inroads lately.)

Aya Reiko

« Reply #432 on: January 26, 2019, 05:12:59 PM »
I'm not missing any points. Having good actors means the acting will be good. Whether the names are recognised by anyone won't change the acting performance in any way.

I didn't comment on the other parts of the post because I don't know if the writing is bad, good or indifferent and I have no idea if the direction is either. I do know that the acting talent is excellent and therefore, I expect the acting quality to be excellent too. Wouldn't take much to be better than the vast majority of video game acting performances to be fair!
You're not missing any points, you're ignoring them.  BIG difference.  You either live in a distorted, inane fantasy, or you're a pathetic troll that everyone is laughing at. Either way, you're not worth anyone's time.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:15:29 PM by Aya Reiko »

jwh1701

« Reply #433 on: January 26, 2019, 06:42:01 PM »
That was Chris's goal, but he was never really worth anything even during his brief Hollywood stint.  Hollywood by all accounts makes more bad movies than good, and there's a "Chris Roberts" and more for every stinker.  Since he wrote the script, it's already bottom-tier shit, no matter who he tricked to act for him with money stolen under the guise of making an MMO that he's too dumb to make.

I'm practically praying for SQ42.  It's been years since we've had real, honest-to-god absolute shit to make fun of and fuel years of memes and ridicule.  The "AAA publishers" generic crap can range from OK to not-so-OK, but it's rare that their stuff is openly inept and submoronic.  Chris is up for that challenge - in fact there may not be anyone more qualified.  (Although Richard Garriott appears to be making some inroads lately.)

Excellent points, maybe when jpg sales slow down he can sell some blood to the fans like Richard.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #434 on: January 27, 2019, 08:54:19 AM »
Can a bad movie have good acting in it?
Did I mention the quality of the game/movie?
Was I only questioning the comment regarding the quality of acting being 'really, really wooden', with no mention as to the game itself being good or bad?

Please answer those questions in your head, read your response and wonder, as I did, u wot m8?

Squadron 42 has become much more than an updated Wing Commander. So at last, we agree, it won't resemble the original pitch. It'll be much more. Isn't that part of you guys' problem? Trying to do too much.

I'm looking forward to it. I reckon it'll be a fun few hours in the UEE navy thing.

Acting could be good, it could also be shitty. So sure, their acting could be great and totally on point.
But than again i'd rather see a film directed by Quentin Tarantino with Steven Seagall as major actor than one directed by Uwe Boll with Ben Kingsley as major actor. As even the best performance as 'Ned' (or however he dubbed the role) Skywalker couldn't save a shitty movie. Though CnCs videos always felt more enjoyable to me than Wing Comanders...
So for me the real argument shouldn't be about the quality of any possible acting, but more on the logic of finishing cut sequences before being quite far into actual development - so in the production of the stuff that actually should fill peoples leisure time with most games.

I believe that SQ42 will become anything, when it actually gets released. Because so far i haven't really enjoyed playing with unfinished core gameplay loops in greybox levels.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk