Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330766 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2018, 11:19:28 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Resin

« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
My latest missive is live

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6639/

Any idea why these links never work with Tapatalk? For example this link jumps to Squadron 42 Dev progress watch thread message from 2017.

If I select ”open in Chrome” it opens the correct one.

jwh1701

« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2018, 03:27:10 PM »
My latest missive is live

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6639/

Great write up, the avenger pic was absolute genius.

krylite

« Reply #303 on: October 03, 2018, 05:06:38 AM »
Great write up, the avenger pic was absolute genius.

yes, that was funny. Sadly I "predict" 14,000,605 more dollars could still be siphoned off by the CIG-ponzi from these last extreme smart-spite and sunk-cost backers before it all collapses.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:10:08 AM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #304 on: October 03, 2018, 06:31:45 PM »
yes, that was funny. Sadly I "predict" 14,000,605 more dollars could still be siphoned off by the CIG-ponzi from these last extreme smart-spite and sunk-cost backers before it all collapses.

LOL I agree with you since they appear be able to gloss over anything that happens before they can think rationally.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #305 on: October 04, 2018, 12:39:37 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2018, 03:12:44 PM »
Twitter thread

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1047925528479653888

Sounds great if they get to go forward with discovery, I hope all the shell companies get pulled into this as well.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #307 on: October 06, 2018, 04:49:24 AM »
Sounds great if they get to go forward with discovery, I hope all the shell companies get pulled into this as well.

They have no choice. As Crytek said, unraveling the myriad of companies is the only way to know which one of them was party to the violations. Remember how the judge already ruled that RSI was party to the lawsuit after CIG objected. So for now, both CIG and RSI are party to it. I expect that F42 and the others will be too. That's what discovery is for.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2018, 06:56:34 PM »
My latest on CitizenCon 2018 and everything else

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6682/

jwh1701

« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2018, 08:25:43 PM »

Excellent write up I enjoy seeing you discuss the game technologies that you used and how they relate to CIG.
This was an excellent comment concerning sq42, considering what Chris had planned for sq42.

If they have yet to build the complete game world – or even a fraction of it – how then are they going to complete and release Squadron 42 in the short term?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2018, 03:25:45 AM »
Excellent write up I enjoy seeing you discuss the game technologies that you used and how they relate to CIG.
This was an excellent comment concerning sq42, considering what Chris had planned for sq42.

If they have yet to build the complete game world – or even a fraction of it – how then are they going to complete and release Squadron 42 in the short term?

Indeed. And this CitizenCon had more clues that the project was in serious trouble, than most realize. Just wait.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2018, 04:13:12 AM »

I updated my article with a section on the 2017 financial filings for RSI (UK). I was waiting to do it for both RSI and CIG (which is late), since F42 already filed. But since someone else had already done the leg work for RSI filing, I just used theirs.

StanTheMan

« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2018, 08:54:46 PM »
backers have paid for a Golden chest, but are going to end up with a cardboard box – without a lid.

with a little piece of dried shit in the bottom to play with for the hundreds or thousands of dollars they have spent on buying JPEGS.

Motto

« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2018, 04:37:32 PM »
Don't make fun so quickly. It'll come with Single Distance Field in the future!

jwh1701

« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2018, 05:35:20 PM »
So you remember that new Kraken (totally not scope creep though) ship from the Star Citizen event last week? Sure you do. It's so special that it's invite only to BUY it. And it's sold in waves (totally not kidding). The whale call just went out from CIG.

When I went to the sale it said something along the lines that more information was needed and I was not eligible. But reddit is still in overdrive over foip and being able to see your friend in the ship and click a button to bring him up the elevator. I was wondering also why anyone would buy it if ship purchasing is going in soon.  I really want to see what people are going to earn in terms of cr per hour as well. One max cutter build in EH is just under 900m, which if I really worked hard would take under 9 hours to accumulate. I'm betting Chris will make payment the only way to progress to large ships.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:58:50 PM by jwh1701 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk