Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330699 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2018, 05:33:31 AM »
Stupid thing to ask for anyway, no chance I can prove anything of the sort. It's also stupid to say, well over a year ago, that they'll be running out of cash soon and collapsing...any...time....now...over and over again and still be saying the same thing now.

Sunk thought fallacy.

I just made that up. It's fucking great though.

Serendipity, you're amazing. Please don't change because things will get boring around here.  :cat2:

ps: It's an actual FACT now that had a group of naive gamers stopped giving them money, the project would have collapsed a long time ago - even after raising $20M which he said was enough to build two games. How do I know this? There is still no game - of any kind.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2018, 12:35:02 PM »
My latest article is a recap of all the recent hilarity

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6792/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #392 on: December 17, 2018, 10:26:29 AM »
I have updated the blog with a new section regarding the latest breaking news about the new CIG director.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2018, 05:00:34 PM »
I have updated my recent article with the latest news.

Also, I will be on GuardFreq later tonight

https://twitter.com/GuardFreq/status/1075857737446318080

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #394 on: December 21, 2018, 06:34:47 AM »
The recording of last night's stream

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/352038544

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #395 on: December 21, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »
As we enter a new dawn in the Star Citizen fiasco, this Twitter thread which I concluded late yesterday, lays out the pattern of lies and all the reasons why everyone should now be shamelessly chanting DEREK SMART WAS RIGHT

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1075818481600339970

StanTheMan

« Reply #396 on: December 21, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »
The recording of last night's stream

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/352038544

Good stuff.

1 hour 47mins in Tony is still optimistic about getting a release....you far less so....If Erin couldn't reign in Chris and the mountain of technical debt,  risk of destroying his credibility, having almost run out of $$$, and the lawsuit , and and and .... couldn't rein him in ....why Tony think would the shareholders even if there are some clauses in the Shareholder Agreement?

I think they will use the financials to get more $$$ from Backers  "this is how much it actually costs to make the BDSSE". as as for the equity crowdfunding ...maybe you get share options with a JPEG ... .. ...

The Backers dont give a shit about the viability of the engine etc they are in too deep and they fix their focus on to SQ42 for a year or so...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:56:38 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #397 on: December 21, 2018, 10:13:31 AM »
Going forward, I think the recent events may have an adverse effect on whale backers. Most especially the revelation that they were so close to collapse.

Greggy_D

« Reply #398 on: December 21, 2018, 10:22:47 AM »
Along those lines, it's obvious why they tagged this investment as "marketing" funds.  If they stated it was for development, then backer money would dry up since they just got a fresh $46M infusion towards dev costs.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #399 on: December 22, 2018, 03:45:37 AM »
Going forward, I think the recent events may have an adverse effect on whale backers. Most especially the revelation that they were so close to collapse.

You are accusing the whales of behaving rationally. The milk will still flow.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #400 on: December 22, 2018, 07:13:06 AM »

One should never forget that even the smartest people are not immune to acting stupid and believing in shit.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #401 on: December 22, 2018, 07:45:53 AM »

True, but the financial brochure they released is clear evidence that it's still not enough. I can't even imagine what 2018 looks like. Assuming they ever release it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #402 on: December 24, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »
Star Citizen - A New Dawn

A recap, but now with more fidelity :emot-lol:

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #403 on: December 31, 2018, 02:20:31 AM »
But if those numbers are the best they can do in support of their glorious leader, then things really are bad. To have a chance at breaking even, the whale milk must flow at the same rate AND Squadron 42 must outsell Mass Effect 1 by a 2:1 ratio. But, if you look at Destiny's launch, all they need is half of those sales at full price through the CIG website. Of course, Destiny was the #1 new franchise launch of all time and they made the overwhelming amount of sales at retail in the first week. But hey, that just means CIG won't have a huge marketing budget to weigh them down.

Seriously, if the best "everything's fine" take they can come up with involves the company adding more personnel year over year to remedy core deficiencies, a PC-only release generating 3 million full-price retail sales, and a community that hasn't grown significantly in 5 years continuing to pay for development, and all this just to keep afloat, well even the die-hard supporters have to know the ship is sinking.

Don't worry they will release on consoles and Squander 42 will generate squillions in revenue! They honestly seem to believe that just by having an all star cast this game is going to be a massive hit even when it is rushed out at the end to try and prop up the project for a few more months. If they get that far I can't wait for the reviews.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #404 on: December 31, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »
Don't worry they will release on consoles and Squander 42 will generate squillions in revenue! They honestly seem to believe that just by having an all star cast this game is going to be a massive hit even when it is rushed out at the end to try and prop up the project for a few more months. If they get that far I can't wait for the reviews.
"All Star Cast"... Only if you're someone who is still stuck in the nineties.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk