Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330676 times)

Greggy_D

Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #540 on: May 26, 2020, 12:54:01 PM »
I can't believe it has been almost FIVE YEARS since your first blog, Interstellar Citizens.  And it is still accurate as hell.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #541 on: May 26, 2020, 03:19:46 PM »
I can't believe it has been almost FIVE YEARS since your first blog, Interstellar Citizens.  And it is still accurate as hell.

Yup. It will be five years on July 15th, 2020
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

MadAmishman

« Reply #542 on: May 26, 2020, 06:15:48 PM »
Planning any updates? Like info about the fresh money for shares that was just announced? Like the reported fresh $17M just thrown at it in March?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2020, 08:47:53 AM »
Planning any updates? Like info about the fresh money for shares that was just announced? Like the reported fresh $17M just thrown at it in March?

I will do a 5 year anniversary blog which includes every major event since the last blog I wrote back in May 2019.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

MadAmishman

« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2020, 11:10:52 AM »
Nice...I look forward to it!

krylite

« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2020, 07:57:23 PM »
Thanks looking forward to it too. Plenty of the redditers on sc refunds now were former sunk-cost victims that finally woke up, so are still loathe to give credit, but I think they all know you called this ponzi out the earliest, a main reason why /r/screfunds even exists, and have been the most completionist on the subject since.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 08:00:50 PM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #546 on: May 28, 2020, 06:14:09 AM »
Thanks looking forward to it too. Plenty of the redditers on sc refunds now were former sunk-cost victims that finally woke up, so are still loathe to give credit, but I think they all know you called this ponzi out the earliest, a main reason why /r/screfunds even exists, and have been the most completionist on the subject since.

Yeah, I pop in there from time to time. Those wankers are all the same. Having refunded doesn't make them any better than Shitizens. People are who they are.

The big problem they're having is that admitting that I was right - and that they were wrong and stupid - is too big a pill to swallow. After all, I am Derek Smart. So.  :shrug:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #547 on: May 28, 2020, 02:11:37 PM »
Never Forget. Three years ago today, Squadron 42 fell off the radar.

When I wrote this, I remember the hate that I got over it.

http://dereksmart.com/forums/topic/star-citizen-scoops/#post-5276

I mean, it’s not as if they lied…

"In terms of content, Roberts said that all of the game’s chapters and gameplay are at the “grey-box” level, which means that development is nearly complete, but the last set of assets aren’t included yet, and the developers want to give it a final polish."

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/squadron-42-delayed-star-citizen,32846.html

…or was it something else?

"Thoroughly confused, I reached out to RSI to get the official word. “It appears something may have been lost in the translation,” a rep said. “Chris spoke to multiple reporters at Gamescom who asked about the status of Squadron 42. We have been feature locked for a while and things are coming along nicely. In every case he told them that we are hard at work on the game and are focused on making it great but no official launch dates were discussed."

https://www.pcgamer.com/roberts-space-industries-denies-squadron-42-delay-report/

Here @ 17:40 one of the QA team members, back in 2016, claiming that he had in fact played through all the SQ42 missions. We know now that to be completely FALSE as per not only the game’s own public dev schedules, but also by the fact that, well, FOUR years later, it’s not out.

wiser3754

« Reply #548 on: May 28, 2020, 07:07:38 PM »
I wonder how Tyler is nowadays? Same goes with that pig, Ben Leznik.

jwh1701

« Reply #549 on: May 28, 2020, 09:43:58 PM »
I wonder how Tyler is nowadays? Same goes with that pig, Ben Leznik.

Poor guy he's probably still collecting memorabilia and pushing SC.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #550 on: August 07, 2020, 04:47:11 AM »
Latest leak from TheAgent

We've missed our Third Deadline [sic] in as-many [sic] months. The pressure [from the top] of supplying the alpha Squadron Forty-Two [sic] VS has turned into pressure about supplying the Full-Early-Access [sic] Beta. Things are broken because we continue to iterate and change our core mechanics. Our programmers are stretched thin. There's only so many problems you can paint over before the cracks start to show beneath.

The oversight entity [sic] has the option of forcing [Chris] Roberts away from any decisions regarding Squadron Forty-Two & Star Citizen & the additional Gamemodes Theaters of War & Cooperative Construction [supposedly a building and social module]. They will leverage that by the end of this year. They were told Four Full-Gamemodes [sic] would be online by Christmas this year. We are unable to deliver those promises made in December 2017 to this entity and to the additional promises made to more recent entities.

I do fear that [the company] is moving to a more productive place but at the cost of good & talents [sic] people. Where are we without a leader like [Chris]? Everything we are here is because of him. Lost confidence could be doom for us. Where would we go during this? I worry about myself and my coworkers and my family now.

jwh1701

« Reply #551 on: August 07, 2020, 11:27:08 AM »

Interesting but the one line "Lost confidence could be doom for us" I find it hard to believe they have any confidence. I've worked on much larger projects with fortune 500 companies with thousands of employees were confidence was lost in under a year with development.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #552 on: August 07, 2020, 12:07:12 PM »

Chris hasn't been visible since 2019 (the March pillar talk was a 2nd part recorded in 2019). It would lend weight to the fact he is being pushed out. But it is also possible he is just distancing himself from it as he knows it is doomed and doesn't want to become the Billy McFarland or Elizabeth Holmes of the operation.

I would say it was too late for that though.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #553 on: August 13, 2020, 05:06:23 AM »
He was last seen this past April 23rd in this video. Looks bored as ever.

Go to @ 2:20

Greggy_D

« Reply #554 on: August 15, 2020, 04:41:14 PM »
I will do a 5 year anniversary blog which includes every major event since the last blog I wrote back in May 2019.

Derek, did you ever get around to writing this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk