Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330803 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2017, 06:03:03 AM »
The YT link to the stream is live. I come in around the 10 min mark

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2017, 06:20:18 AM »
It was interesting, but if you've been around since the first blog, not much new(s)  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2017, 06:32:58 AM »
It was interesting, but if you've been around since the first blog, not much new(s)  :D

Yeah, the July Blog is the indoctrination  :lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2017, 06:52:31 AM »
You'd think that by now, you would know how to describe yourself from the viewpoint of a WKCF but to my surprise you stumbled on that one big time  :smug:

krylite

« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2017, 09:15:42 AM »
Hi all, my first post here. I'm an ED fan and it irritates and saddens me to see the SC fiasco try to drag down ED with it. ED is excellent and developed realistically by Frontier as a stable business yet shills and troll threads often appear in the ED-forum and unfairly tear it down in comparison to the dream ads and demos of CIG. I remember the early news about both franchises and decided to wait since I never preordered a game. Thanks to Derek's blogs in 2015 and this forum, I dodged that bullet and went with ED. So that's my intro and I'm honored to join this forum. :unsmith:

Ok, I listened through the recorded 'openhouse' stream about citizencon17. After Derek had left, it was hilarious to hear "Florian"s comments when ED was briefly brought up. No wonder, he must be so kool-aided by the RSI dreams or really just a shill and full of bs and ignorance about most dev subjects. I think I've even seen his postings on ED forums also dissing ED. I think the host of "openhouse" let Florian railroad the conversation away from the truth that SC is a scamming ponzi backed by whales who can't face they were wrong.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3JlO45thE&feature=youtu.be&t=6h22m20s    :laugh:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3JlO45thE&feature=youtu.be&t=6h27m50s
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:32:47 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2017, 12:46:58 PM »
Yeah, I've told Robin that allowing such incessant trolling is bad for the stream. Oh well.

McDrake

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »
Flo wasn't bad
I like the steams at "open house" anyway.
At least he was willing to speak  and not trolling like a drunken teenager, like the rest in the chat.

Motto

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »
I stopped directly after Derek left; middle of the night here. But most in the chat seemed to be WKCFs desperately trying to heckle Derek. Probably because they needed a break from all the gameplay that the current 2.6.3 build has to offer them.

McDrake

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2017, 02:28:43 PM »
I stopped directly after Derek left; middle of the night here. But most in the chat seemed to be WKCFs desperately trying to heckle Derek. Probably because they needed a break from all the gameplay that the current 2.6.3 build has to offer them.

I listen to the hole thing (like the LOD-stream) on my way to Colonia in ED :D

krylite

« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2017, 01:43:12 AM »
Yes, "Florian" was polite and behaved for the most part in requisite but I'd think most would be in that moderated openhouse. It's unfortunate how disingenuous he was (never below 30-40fps, yeah right) and then completely lost credibility to me when he blurted out how he hated ED when it was mentioned.

Well the ED forum thread on Star Citizen has exploded since shillizencon17 with most wisening up to the ponzi from how the posts read.

StanTheMan

« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2017, 06:45:31 PM »
Yes, "Florian" was polite and behaved for the most part in requisite but I'd think most would be in that moderated openhouse. It's unfortunate how disingenuous he was (never below 30-40fps, yeah right) and then completely lost credibility to me when he blurted out how he hated ED when it was mentioned.

Well the ED forum thread on Star Citizen has exploded since shillizencon17 with most wisening up to the ponzi from how the posts read.

Yes and demonstrated he has double standards when it comes to ED and SC.  He may not realise it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
I wrote an article about everything from Evocati 3.0, refunds and small claims court, to CitizenCon and financial oddities

Ghostmaker

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2017, 01:04:13 PM »
I recall playing City of Heroes, and while CoH was fun, if you got a LOT of people in close proximity with stuff happening (zone wide events, such as alien invasions/zombie invasions, were severely prone to this), the game got pretty slideshow-esque.

And IIRC, CoH zone instances were limited to 40-50 people.

Watching these lugnuts brag about how they're gonna have EVERYONE in the same instance? Sure, pull the other one.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
It's not even bullshit, it's just flat out lies. They know their audience.

StanTheMan

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2017, 07:47:00 PM »
I wrote an article about everything from Evocati 3.0, refunds and small claims court, to CitizenCon and financial oddities

Do you think they have paid back that Coutts loan (even though we dont know how much it was for) ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk