Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330679 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »
Yeah, about that. I am wondering about it, what's the point? This Facebook thing had 90 viewers, the Open House got stuck somewhere around 70 if I remember correctly. What is the purpose / use of it all when there barely is an audience? Especially since most of the viewers are either Goons (who know the story) or Cultists (who probably just want to dick around) in the first place.

Those outlets don't seem to have massive following or attract lots of people, so what value does it add?

N0mad

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2017, 04:24:54 PM »
I've just started watching, it says 1.9K views.

Motto

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2017, 04:32:13 PM »
Maybe that's the total? In the live stream there were 91, at least at the end.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »
Man, those Goons. The show is barely over, and the memes have started.

"Is Star Citizen out yet?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:58:15 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2017, 05:07:38 PM »
Yeah, about that. I am wondering about it, what's the point? This Facebook thing had 90 viewers, the Open House got stuck somewhere around 70 if I remember correctly. What is the purpose / use of it all when there barely is an audience? Especially since most of the viewers are either Goons (who know the story) or Cultists (who probably just want to dick around) in the first place.

Those outlets don't seem to have massive following or attract lots of people, so what value does it add?

It has over 1.6K views when I glanced at it during the stream. FB live is weird like that. Right now, after the show, it shows 2.3K views.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Meowz

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2017, 07:17:04 PM »
I think everyone was very well reasoned and thoughtful and even respectful considering what you three could easily say. The fact that no one came to bat for CIG speaks volumes and tells me CIG feels like its under siege so its hunkered down behind the high walls of it cult echo chamber.

justme

« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2017, 04:08:40 AM »
We are live!

https://www.facebook.com/GameTalkLive/videos/2079980148897050

i missed it (different time zone), but i liked, that it was no bashing the project,
it was real critiques. but of course, this will be misunderstood by the white knights.
and maybe i will get banned from spectrum by posting the link :D

i'm still supporting the project, but you spoke out of my heart :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2017, 05:42:06 AM »
i missed it (different time zone), but i liked, that it was no bashing the project,
it was real critiques. but of course, this will be misunderstood by the white knights.
and maybe i will get banned from spectrum by posting the link :D

i'm still supporting the project, but you spoke out of my heart :D

But the morons are still doing what they do:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/943093896413876225
For those of us with a command of English and comprehension, there is no contradiction. It's hilarious that even when I'm NOT bashing the game, you guys still find something to attack me over. And you all wonder why Star Citizen is now the LAUGHING STOCK OF THE INDUSTRY

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/943093164994453506
TarkaRoshe, we know you guys are a special kind of stupid. How does me hoping backers get some form of "game", contract me expecting that'll crash & burn. I mean, seriously, you guys are embarrassingly BAD at this. Also coward. You're blocked, but still snipping. Desperate much?

Do you have a link to your Spectrum post?

justme

« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2017, 07:45:05 AM »
sent you a pm, because my answer is blocked by clean talk.
maybe you could edit it in here for me.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2017, 08:13:03 AM »
sent you a pm, because my answer is blocked by clean talk.
maybe you could edit it in here for me.

What response did you receive from CleanTalk? I think it's because you are a new user, and your post has more than 1 link in the message.

Anyway, below I have copied and pasted from your PM.

hey.

i'm sorry, but i cannot pass the filter to reply my answer. i don't know how.
so here is my answer to the gametalklive video:

at first i posted it just in the chat, knowing that there is a mod, but maybe he won't check the link.
later in the forums, but it is a bit risky, to speak up things clearly. also there is a cultural difference
between all the users, so my way to write would harm other users.
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/57219/thread/gametalklive-without-pro-speakers

i'm sorry that there are such people out there, but i hope that you don't care about. the star citizen community is not represented
but these white knights.

when i was a customer of star wars the old republic, also a game with a very horrible community support, the new producer linked
a article from the former star wars galaxies creative director: raph koster.
i think this is a must read for every dev and also for the customers, supporting the development.
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50182/thread/on-getting-criticism-by-raph-koster

krylite

« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2017, 12:45:29 AM »
At the end of the video I agree with Michael, let the SC fiasco end for good. Frontier and ED will more than make up for the "lost opportunity" of SC after they get spacelegs and inside cruiser/city/jungle-hunting gameplay working and fulfill their 10 year stretch goals while still being a game company led with decent integrity.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:06:13 AM by krylite »

justme

« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2017, 01:44:45 AM »
hmm. i don't think so.

of course there are some space games out there, but the most backers i spoke to, are not fans of these games,
and i think that the biggest problem for the most is, to accept that they invested in an endless hole. and so i would
say, the majority will just stop playing spacegames.

also the most backers are 30+ years old. if they get this objectcontainer streaming and the network issues done,
i would says the full release would not happen before 2025. so a lot time for selling more awesame concept sales,
until the most don't care about anymore :D

i think i found the right words in spectrum, not to be banned :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:56:21 AM by justme »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »
My new article is up.

SQUADRON 42 PUSHED TO 2019

helimoth

« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2017, 08:48:20 AM »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2017, 04:02:48 PM »
How am I not surprised that another Chris Roberts game has no meaningful progress and is being pushed back another year? The SC refunds subreddit will be a busy place....

I have to admit that I have lost my patience over there. The current batch of refunds are less and less sympathetic as many are of the  "I still love the project and will buy in again" variety who still have not learned their lessons. I suppose there is no reason to go there an longer as I couldn't care less about them or their refunds except that it hurts Chris Roberts efforts. I should rephrase that, It hurts Chris Roberts corporate financials  for his cash cow (and probably his private finances as well). He really does not make any real effort since the more he is involved the less gets done on the project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk