Author Topic: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs  (Read 330597 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen Scoops, Musings and Blogs
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2018, 11:41:39 AM »
I have made some edits to the original article. Also added more info to the SQ42 section due to the broadcast going live after I had published the article.

Great write up, few commenters in reddit still stating you never got anything right and few yesterday still pushing that you doxxed Chris and family.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2018, 02:04:16 PM »
Great write up, few commenters in reddit still stating you never got anything right and few yesterday still pushing that you doxxed Chris and family.

That's why we keep laughing at those guys. They're in full-on denial mode. It's hilariously glorious.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2018, 07:54:48 AM »
Three years ago today, I published the famous July Blog. Today's recap.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1015234704709246976
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2018, 07:11:00 AM »
I wrote a thing in which I also cover the recent court case loss by a backer

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1018111910598889472.html

jwh1701

« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2018, 09:21:56 AM »
I wrote a thing in which I also cover the recent court case loss by a backer

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1018111910598889472.html

Great write up trying to constantly expose the TOS changes got one account banned.

StanTheMan

« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2018, 07:13:26 PM »
Great write up trying to constantly expose the TOS changes got one account banned.

Yep...Got to love those Chucklefucks ...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2018, 01:10:05 PM »
I wrote a bit more about the legal issues surrounding the refunds

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1018927889818046464.html

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2018, 06:54:30 AM »
I wrote a blog about the recent backer lawsuit, but have been considering doing a YT video instead. But I need some suggestions. I am not going to be discussing this in two places. So if you want to pitch in, or just keep track of the project, go to the #starcitizen_around_the_farce channel on my Discord (invite code: https://discord.gg/7nUXA9u) server.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:06:19 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2018, 01:19:58 PM »
I wrote a blog about the recent lawsuit fiasco, and also did a video narrative of it

ARTICLE:

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6474/

VIDEO:

AUDIO:

https://soundcloud.com/derek-smart-9/2018-07-19-star-citizen-around-the-farce

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:36:31 AM by dsmart »

Meowz

« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2018, 06:08:34 PM »
I wrote a blog about the recent lawsuit fiasco, and also did a video narrative of it

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6474/

Really liked the video, made it pretty clear for the layman. Hope there is more in the future!

So considering the seemingly iron clad TOS now, is there any hope that those at the top of this scam will be held accountable in the end?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:20:11 PM by Meowz »

Resin

« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2018, 01:15:10 AM »
Really liked the video, made it pretty clear for the layman. Hope there is more in the future!

So considering the seemingly iron clad TOS now, is there any hope that those at the top of this scam will be held accountable in the end?

TOS is iron clad in US. Would be interesting to see actions against CIG in countries where consumer protection is stronger like in Germany or Australia.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2018, 05:38:25 AM »

Thanks. We'll see.

I also converted it to MP3 format for podcast listening. It's on SoundCloud. The link is in my previous post.

Not in a court of law, no. At least not as far as backers are concerned. If an investor, bank, govt etc were involved, then of course they could take legal action for other issues. And of course they aren't tied to their bs TOS.

jwh1701

« Reply #267 on: July 20, 2018, 06:37:44 PM »
I wrote a bit more about the legal issues surrounding the refunds

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1018927889818046464.html

Another great read and I hope to finish watching your video when I get back into VA by Sunday.
For some reason I find the guy walking around to be so amusing considering all
they hype on proc-gen walking. I'm hoping the video helps people see a more personal view of you talking about SC. Because on reddit and other forums they are fed a complete false narrative about
your character on a daily basis.

Motto

« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2018, 01:20:06 AM »
You tweeted a YT Lawyer explaining why nobody isn't entitled for a refund. Maybe you should add to it that that only applies to the US. Under EU law, it considered a pre-order that has better protection. We just need one European to sue them  :grin:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »
You tweeted a YT Lawyer explaining why nobody isn't entitled for a refund. Maybe you should add to it that that only applies to the US. Under EU law, it considered a pre-order that has better protection. We just need one European to sue them  :grin:

As I responded to someone in my YT video comment, I really don't care about other countries.

I'm not out to save the world, and my video wasn't about saving or helping anyone.

Also, I'm not in the least bit interested in what happens in other countries. If I have to do it for one country, then I would have to do it for all countries. What makes Germany different from Australia, or UK, or Canada? So why would I then do it for one country, but not the other?

So how could I possibly write about the impact in countries where I neither reside, nor have in-depth knowledge of how their legal process and consumer rights work? And why can't someone else in those countries do what I do? Why does it have to be me?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk