Author Topic: I Worry About the Crossbow. Any Word on the Crossbow?  (Read 10161 times)

SteveBox

I Worry About the Crossbow. Any Word on the Crossbow?
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:56:50 AM »
I know that people may misinterpret my posts as facetious. That's just not true.

If "Star Citizen" fails, we all fail. Crowdfunding will take a huge public relations hit. Large AAA games will take a huge hit. Even Chris Roberts' reputation might be sullied by all of this. Gamers fail. The space sim genre might fail. And perception is 9/10th reality in the mainstream press that won't ever take the time to cover the nuances of this story like we have.

For all that I know, the failure of this project might spark the second coming of the Great Videogame Crash of 1983. Don't laugh; No one suspected that videogame crash was going to occur, either. Pride always comes before a fall. 

Even though I have no monetary investment in this project, I am invested, as a gamer, in this project.

Which is why I'm so concerned today over a promise that CIG made concerning Star Citizen. One that no one else has been reporting on for a great, long while.

How is CIG doing in implementing the Iolo Industries Armor-Piercing Crossbow? Are they done yet? Are there any screenshots? Is it, at least, available to be purchased as a JPEG? Does TheAgent have any updates about the crossbow? Derek, do you have any pull with TheAgent to get him/her/it to research this topic?

I don't worry to cause other people grief; I worry because I care. I want those people who pledged $40 dollars or more with Star Citizen to get their crossbow. Sometimes, it's the little things that make a game worth it. This crossbow is one of them.

If anyone has any updates about the crossbow, please post them here. Thank you.

Narrenbart

Re: I Worry About the Crossbow. Any Word on the Crossbow?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »
If SC fails, CR fails ... because it is solely his own personal failure.
SC collected a lot of money but the interest in this game is downscaling so the impact on other games shouldn't be that big. (look at the active player numbers)
Basically Kickstarter is not involved in this for 5 years - It's the ongoing greed campaign that is rendering the complete project an unbalanced joke.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: I Worry About the Crossbow. Any Word on the Crossbow?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 07:56:21 AM »
I know that people may misinterpret my posts as facetious. That's just not true.

If "Star Citizen" fails, we all fail. Crowdfunding will take a huge public relations hit. Large AAA games will take a huge hit. Even Chris Roberts' reputation might be sullied by all of this. Gamers fail. The space sim genre might fail. And perception is 9/10th reality in the mainstream press that won't ever take the time to cover the nuances of this story like we have.

For all that I know, the failure of this project might spark the second coming of the Great Videogame Crash of 1983. Don't laugh; No one suspected that videogame crash was going to occur, either. Pride always comes before a fall. 

Even though I have no monetary investment in this project, I am invested, as a gamer, in this project.

Which is why I'm so concerned today over a promise that CIG made concerning Star Citizen. One that no one else has been reporting on for a great, long while.

How is CIG doing in implementing the Iolo Industries Armor-Piercing Crossbow? Are they done yet? Are there any screenshots? Is it, at least, available to be purchased as a JPEG? Does TheAgent have any updates about the crossbow? Derek, do you have any pull with TheAgent to get him/her/it to research this topic?

I don't worry to cause other people grief; I worry because I care. I want those people who pledged $40 dollars or more with Star Citizen to get their crossbow. Sometimes, it's the little things that make a game worth it. This crossbow is one of them.

If anyone has any updates about the crossbow, please post them here. Thank you.

Don't be silly.  :laugh:

When (not "if") the project fails, only those associated with it would have failed. Those who backed it will be disappointed; but they won't have "failed" at anything. They were only trying to help make it succeed.

Those of us who don't give a shit anymore, will just point and laugh. Especially at those who have been attacking us for expressing alarm, concern and dissent at the direction the project took.

Yes - it will affect crowd-funding, and that's part of the concern and alarm that most of us have been voicing.

Nobody cares about a crossbow when the game isn't even 15% completed yet. You should be asking over on /r/StarCitizen or on the RSI forums.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk