Author Topic: Star Citizen Analytics Project  (Read 207666 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Analytics Project
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 05:34:08 PM »
There's that Completionist

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Rogerio

• Smarties
  • Tickle me, Sandi.
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 07:10:29 PM »
Derek, I think you have done a tremendous awareness work on this project.

But if they are still selling completionists packages, after all you guys been warning the public, after all the media articles that warn current and new users about being careful...Well... I really dont know what can we do or say anymore.
People part ways with their money however they like, but this is absurd, specially with so many broken promises and missed deadlines.

Also, did they release an API to track the funding or someone is using a bot to track it all?

Man, the amount of popcorn we gonna need for when this shit show collapse is gonna be epic!  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »

But if they are still selling completionists packages, after all you guys been warning the public, after all the media articles that warn current and new users about being careful...Well... I really dont know what can we do or say anymore.
People part ways with their money however they like, but this is absurd, specially with so many broken promises and missed deadlines.

Also, did they release an API to track the funding or someone is using a bot to track it all?

Man, the amount of popcorn we gonna need for when this shit show collapse is gonna be epic!  :laugh:

That's the thing, there is ZERO evidence to support the theory that these are legit sales.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Rogerio

• Smarties
  • Tickle me, Sandi.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »

That's the thing, there is ZERO evidence to support the theory that these are legit sales.

Would not surprise me one bit if they are faking it.

Boosting sales to show healthy growth and support and indirectly tell prospective buyers that the project is on-going and instil them the feeling of "Well, all these thousands of backers can't be wrong, huh? So I think I am safe too.... *opens wallet*"

So yeah, come to think of it and given CIG's past deviant tactics, I am pretty sure there is something very dodgy with their "financial openness".

I think at this point theres nothing that can be said anymore to warn people. It is a matter of time and I do hope when the time comes, you do write that book because this is so very worthy of one! ;)

StupidCitizen

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 04:15:56 AM »
145 million usd achieved in total. The refunds, the monthly ships CIG get their employees to buy, grey market sales. Don't add up in my mind. I've also noticed the forums are dead as well as the reddit pages. Very few people are actually using the forums, and even fewer use the reddit page.

The excuse is "most people who pledge just pledge and leave" i don't think thats the only explanationan at all here.

It would be interesting to get some statistics on the amount of traffic on their site for per day.
Not to mention how the community lives in denial, and everytime Derek is wrong about something he said about the game. They take it as a victory... Wat?

Most of us don't even own the game. Or have gotten a refund, we are the ones who have zero usd spend on the game. We can buy it for 60$ if they manage to create it or we can start dissecting the corpse if it fails.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2017, 08:03:16 AM »
Traffic to both their sites and Reddit are way down. It's hilarious to think that at one point /r/StarCitizen_Refunds/ got more traffic than /r/StarCitizen. And it poignant that /r/DerekSmart - their hate sub - helps amplify the noise that those ass-clowns are most toxic.

The project is dead. We're just waiting for the funeral arrangements to be announced now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 08:15:47 AM »
Q1 is in the books! Quarterly funding is down $1,752,326.31 (26%) compared to 2016, and down $3,806,451.93 (43%) compared to 2015.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 08:55:58 AM »
With funding at an all-time low, as if by magic, there's a new sale (results are mediocre atm). It's as if they actually need the money to continue operations.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 10:00:58 AM »
About that Drake

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 06:06:23 AM »
Following the release of the controversial 3.0 release which I wrote about, they rolled out a Spring sale and free fly event until 18th.

First day of a new sale and free fly, following CIG's mic drop with the 3.0 schedule!

... what a damp squib.

If you go look at what's on offer for this sale, it's profoundly unexciting. The good stuff would probably still sell like hotcakes, but that trick won't work indefinitely -- even Citizens will eventually realize that they can't actually use 5 personal Javelins. So CIG has to keep that stuff in reserve and trot out these warmed-over leavings, but they're not even getting enough purchases to push them to the ~$100K daily breakeven point, on the first day of a heavily front-loaded sale, having had to incur huge amounts of technical/engineering debt (via the just-published production schedule) even to get to this point.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 10:51:34 AM »
Two (!) completionist purchases have come in today. And there is still time for more! That makes nine completionist pack purchases so far this year. I think all of last year I detected one, or maybe two.

70 minutes apart. Also note what could be Javelin add-ons after the $15k spikes.

completionist 1, javelin 1, 70 minutes later repeat

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:04:00 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 07:24:40 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 11:33:12 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2017, 06:39:30 AM »
Banu Defender ship sale is in full swing. This is a JPEG btw

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 05:50:42 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2017, 05:20:29 AM »
New Star Citizen analytics. Referral drive, so far a dud (about 12K new signups). So far about 100 whales bought the new Banu Defender JPEG yielding about $500K

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk