Author Topic: GamesCom 2017 - The Hilarity Within  (Read 150692 times)

Kastenbrust

Re: GamesCom 2017 - The Hilarity Within
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 06:48:09 AM »
Gamescom 2947 Details

So from this Wednesday the 23rd when they start livestreaming the game in their show booth we'll be able to see what 3.0 actually is (or isn't). It's funny they announced the show ship sale before they even announced these details, not a good omen.

N0mad

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 06:53:55 AM »
They don't say what version they are streaming though.

If it isn't the current build then there will be some awkward questions about why they haven't released anything this year.

Motto

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 07:05:32 AM »
Nice to see they still have faith with "Fifth Annual Gamescom Presentation and Party".

:lesnick: Fifth and Final Annual Gamescom Presentation and Party :sandance:

most likely would be more accurate

StanTheMan

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »
I don't think they will make it. A fancy demo won't satisfy backers. Last years demo is nowhere to be found. A brilliant demo will make backers angry. Why waste time and money on another demo when 3.0 is still MIA. No matter how Chris will talk about his visions, his dreams, his plans and all the difficulties when doing things nobody has done before, backers want more. They want something they can actually play with. Doesn't matter how crappy (to some extend) but give us something. There will come a point when they demand that whatever is ready will be released and they will comment and report on the bugs. And that is when Chris has to admit that there just isn't anything there to be released or he has to release the crap he does have and that will be much, much, much worse than any backer could ever have imagined.

Chris is fucked, no matter how you look at it. Unless he has lots of money left, which he doesn't. It wouldn't surprise me if 2017 is the last year of CIG...

Yes but you are forgetting the Sunk Cost fallacy and confirmation bias.

It is an SC event and Backers breasts will be swollen to Lesnick proportions as they watch the shitshow.

No post purchase dissonance here.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:38:37 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 05:50:59 AM »
They don't say what version they are streaming though.

If it isn't the current build then there will be some awkward questions about why they haven't released anything this year.

Several sources (it has also been rumored these past few days) have said that streamers will be playing the current 2.6.3. And it's still up in the air whether or not CIG will even be playing/streaming 3.0 or not seeing as it's a crash fest, a performance hog, and none of the shit they've been showcasing on their broadcast, actually works.

Mere months ago both GameStar.de and PC Gamer claimed to have "played" 3.0. It would be hilarious if CIG didn't actually play or show 3.0.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 05:55:58 AM »
*moved*

So If I remember Derek said he had so much informations from inside CIG that he will tell us today "21 August" what are we going to see during the show ?

So now I'm asking you, to proove you are right, can u tell us what informations you got for Friday ?

I hope You will do it, If you don't tell us what you promise, I will know that u never had any informations form inside CIG.

You're going to have to do a lot better than that, mate :bahgawd:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:46:34 AM by dsmart »

N0mad

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 07:45:53 AM »
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/899640380681056256

A little sneak peak at their GamesCom setup.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 07:55:09 AM »
I think we need more hype

Also, Star Citizen Twitch streamer stats/subs

WTFO - 33k
Twerk - 12k
BoredGamer - 6.2k
Astropub - 6.2k
Relay.sc - 1k
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:58:44 AM by dsmart »

helimoth

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2017, 08:06:01 AM »
Who knows, they might have a vertical slice of SQ42 to show  :ughh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2017, 08:11:19 AM »
Who knows, they might have a vertical slice of SQ42 to show  :ughh:

I won't bet money on that.  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/899649809057009664

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 08:17:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/899640380681056256

A little sneak peak at their GamesCom setup.

I am not making this up, but I've just learned that they setup specific "slices" of the game; not the full build. They do NOT. I repeat, they do NOT have the full 3.0 game build currently on those systems being shown. That "Daymar" section being shown, is just a "level" setup. IT IS NOT THE FULL GAME!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:19:30 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »
On the off-chance you thought there was EVER going to be a game. Read this. They aren't even 15% of the way to a "game" yet, let alone anywhere near fulfilling backer promises. 6yrs + $156M.

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/899658046414180352

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:41:28 AM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk