Author Topic: GamesCom 2017 - The Hilarity Within  (Read 150505 times)

Serendipity

Re: GamesCom 2017 - The Hilarity Within
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2017, 07:48:22 AM »
Do you have any idea how many times I've seen you post 'just wait....' or similar? It's lots and lots.

Luckily, thanks to CIG, I'm very good at waiting and nothing overly significant ever happens. That's why I'm here laughing at you.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2017, 07:53:04 AM »
Do you have any idea how many times I've seen you post 'just wait....' or similar? It's lots and lots.

Luckily, thanks to CIG, I'm very good at waiting and nothing overly significant ever happens. That's why I'm here laughing at you.

Yet, even as the "wait" continues, so does the project's continued decline. Checkmate.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2017, 07:59:54 AM »
Because YOU guys are the ones fighting a losing battle, while ignoring the realities of the project. Had YOU guys held CIG accountable back in 2015, they project would probably have either collapsed by now, or moved farther along. You know this. So it's not hard to understand, especially when people in your own group are only now admitting to it.
The whole story is a result of the Internet being essentially broken  now.

One to two decades earlier the whole Star Citizen would have been debunked in a few large Usenet discussions/flamewars, where everyone would have met to learn about the newest hype and Star Citizen would have ended up as a FAQ entry posted weekly stating "Avoid this scam!"

But the net turned into an assortment of echo chambers with paid shills and advertising disguised as reporting media. It took me about a year from 2014 to get down to the real facts on SC, backed by my dev knowledge. How can uninformed bystanders even get a real picture of this mess?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2017, 08:22:44 AM »
Because YOU guys are the ones fighting a losing battle, while ignoring the realities of the project. Had YOU guys held CIG accountable back in 2015, they project would probably have either collapsed by now, or moved farther along. You know this. So it's not hard to understand, especially when people in your own group are only now admitting to it.

One to two decades earlier the whole Star Citizen would have been debunked in a few large Usenet discussions/flamewars, where everyone would have met to learn about the newest hype and Star Citizen would have ended up as a FAQ entry posted weekly stating "Avoid this scam!"

But the net turned into an assortment of echo chambers with paid shills and advertising disguised as reporting media. It took me about a year from 2014 to get down to the real facts on SC, backed by my dev knowledge. How can uninformed bystanders even get a real picture of this mess?

:five: :five: :five:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2017, 03:02:46 PM »

This is why it is a scam.

CR is long enough in the tooth to know the effect his lies and fantasies have on a certain subsection of gamers.

He also knows his software is crap, not remotely up to the job and going to take years to get right.

He isnt going to last that long.

NIDTechnology

« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2017, 12:40:31 AM »
So, it's September 13. Where the 3.0 update at?

What a scammy scam. :psyduck:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
Last we heard, it was "early October" now. But tomorrow's schedule report should have new hilarity.

Motto

« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2017, 10:34:58 PM »
So, the end is near. The baby Jesus patch 3.0 is about to meet the Avocado's. Now let the crash and burn begin  :woop:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk