General > Important Board News!

Board Discussions

(1/8) > >>

dsmart:
OK, so finally I got around to installing stand-alone forum software on the server. The bbPress plugin forum for Wordpress (which my blog site uses) is awful - and not just in performance. It's good for posting articles (e.g. my scoops and musings) and light discussions only. 

Anyway, most options are in your profile, and are self-explanatory.

You can also chose which theme you want to use if you don't like the default one. Some are "responsive" (works well on mobile).

There is a special Goon only "Smarties" group which is "approval only". Go to your profile and request it via the  Group Membership link. If you're a known Goon, it will be approved. Once approved, you will have 6 (the highest) Yellow stars in your display name, as well as certain other perks (e.g. ability to read/leave profile comments etc)

INSTALLED MODS

* Additional Membergroups on Profile
* ENotify   
* Login Security
* Member Notepad
* Most Popular Topic Today
* nCode Image Resizer
* Ohara YouTube Embed
* Profile Comments(admin, GM or Smarties permission required)
* Quick Ban on Account Delete
* SMF Staff Page
* Tapatalk 4.4.1 SMF 2.0 plugin (Tapatalk mobile installation instructions)
* Threads Participated In

dsmart:
@Fooma are you still having trouble posting images? Attachment uploads are disabled, but you can still post external image links.

orcinus:
I'm dumb and cannot find the Group Membership link.
AFAIK, normally on SMF forums, it shows up after Buddies/Ignore List in the Modify Profile menu.

But there doesn't appear to be one there.

Fooma:

Works now I think.  I have to use the posting icons and not manually [ IMG ] [ /IMG ]

dsmart:

You can't image BB code if you are using the WYSIWYG editor (the default). So to switch, just click on that "Toggle View" arrow.

You can also change your profile to disabled WYSIWYG editor by default.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version