Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1222982 times)

the_wolfmann

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1230 on: September 14, 2017, 01:30:12 AM »
Therefore, because Moeis saw this as a gimmick, it's not reasonably justifiable to go as far as calling him ignorant and obtuse all because he's had controversial posts elsewhere in the forum.
I think something is lost in translation

It was. I've rephrased the begining of the sentence to better match the point I was trying to make. I assumed that Moeis considered the use of "Breaking news" (last time I bring this up - promise!) as the standard attention grabbing technique that isn't grounded in reality. I was concerned he was getting more heat than deserved because of that and not that he was actually trying to troll. At that time I still had hopes that Moeis would turn out to be a tad bit saner and more pleasant to have a discussion than Serendipity. However, after his last batch of posts I think that the jig is up and his true intentions shown.

Still, we can be a smart community and show him why he doesn't fit in :laugh: without getting heated up.

Moeis

« Reply #1231 on: September 14, 2017, 01:55:04 AM »
Therefore, because Moeis saw this as a gimmick, it's not reasonably justifiable to go as far as calling him ignorant and obtuse all because he's had controversial posts elsewhere in the forum.
I think something is lost in translation

It was. I've rephrased the begining of the sentence to better match the point I was trying to make. I assumed that Moeis considered the use of "Breaking news" (last time I bring this up - promise!) as the standard attention grabbing technique that isn't grounded in reality. I was concerned he was getting more heat than deserved because of that and not that he was actually trying to troll. At that time I still had hopes that Moeis would turn out to be a tad bit saner and more pleasant to have a discussion than Serendipity. However, after his last batch of posts I think that the jig is up and his true intentions shown.

Still, we can be a smart community and show him why he doesn't fit in :laugh: without getting heated up.

hmm, lets see what my last batch of posts I have said since your last post here:

1) I made a mistake, which I admitted to, about the Shirt thing.
2) Agreed with shirts to be used as micro transactions, and I'll even add that might be soon is my guess.
3) Laughed at a post attacking me about being masculine but mostly feminine, from a post that included a lie, while saying I am 87% some other person.
4) saying good to people posting proof of them actually getting refunds, and agreed it was a good thing they did.
5) asked a rhetorical question about how many of the refunded guild group might put more money into SC
6) Asked how a calculation came to be.
7) oh and I believe in one of my posts I talked about how I disagree with some of the stuff they are wasting money on, for example the whole required to use the toilet thing.

Now, please tell me what above brought you to your conclusion about me?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:57:49 AM by Moeis »

the_wolfmann

« Reply #1232 on: September 14, 2017, 02:27:52 AM »
Now, please tell me what above brought you to your conclusion about me?

It was the couple of posts about the "whale" that didn't post screenshots of his pending refund request. Information that could be used to reject the request if it became public. Then using the "CIG is making progress" rhetoric in tandem as a reason why you don't need CIG to disclose their financials. Call it gut feeling.

There may be hope for you yet, though. Keep trying :thumbsup:

N0mad

« Reply #1233 on: September 15, 2017, 12:57:41 AM »
So ATV this week. I was about to congratulate them for doing some good work this week until I listened more carefully to Eric Kieron Davis:

We've tightened the focus of our first test plan for the Evocarti, which will be traversing and experiencing the expanse of the new universe
We've reduced our total must fix issues by 50, some by fixing bugs and some shifted over to allow for a more focused polish of traversal .... this bring us to 26 issues stopping this release to the Evocarti group

So in other words, they've reduced the "Must Fix" issues by reclassifying them rather than actually, you know, fixing them. 

:laugh:Derek Smart is (still) right

I do find amusing that 5 years into the project and nobody has implemented proper code to cope with collisions between ships / characters.

Have fun flying around in the Evocarti all you testers, because, by the sound of it, that's all you can do !!!   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 01:00:17 AM by N0mad »

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1234 on: September 15, 2017, 01:33:22 AM »
That's because, it must be right, fidelity first or we won't release it. We won't be rushed by schedules or budgetary issues.

I can see the cracks forming even now. Roberts probably doesn't sleep much and has a little softie, not that it matters...

N0mad

« Reply #1235 on: September 15, 2017, 02:07:32 AM »
They're panicking now. They need to release something to Evocati before CitizenCon, even if it means having most of the features disabled. Those 26 remaining bugs are game breakers just for moving about the System, never mind all the other immersion breaking / gameplay ruining / Ramp of Death bugs which will still remain.

Being able to land on planets (even if there's nothing to do) might be enough for the die hard fans but it's not going to satisfy most people. They'll have to put on a really great show if they want to survive into next year (or top up the get-out fund if they plan not to).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:22:42 AM by N0mad »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1236 on: September 15, 2017, 02:47:50 AM »
They're panicking now. They need to release something to Evocati before CitizenCon, even if it means having most of the features disabled. Those 26 remaining bugs are game breakers just for moving about the System, never mind all the other immersion breaking / gameplay ruining / Ramp of Death bugs which will still remain.
They (the director and the managers he hired) don't know how to make a video game. That's pretty much clear now.

Being able to land on planets (even if there's nothing to do) might be enough for the die hard fans but it's not going to satisfy most people. They'll have to put on a really great show if they want to survive into next year (or top up the get-out fund if they plan not to).
But what does it change? Fund another year of futile trying?

I admit, the "ground-breaking stuff never been done" and "scope expansion" were two pretty deceptive excuses. However the stuff CIG tried has been done by various developers now and their scope is now down to MVP. There seems to be no money for contracting third parties anymore, so even pretending with someone else's work doesn't work anymore.

They are struggling at the absolute barebone basics. Their emperor has no clothes, never had.

Motto

« Reply #1237 on: September 15, 2017, 04:03:50 AM »
But it's feeding the hype again. "Oh, only 26 left! Evocati release must be closed now :supaburn:

And stuff like that. I actually think that's a good thing though. The bigger they make the 3.0 expectations, the greater the disappointment will be. Chris is actually feeding the hype in hope of getting the groove back, but's it's only going to bite him harder in the buttocks...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:11:10 AM by Motto »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1238 on: September 15, 2017, 04:50:19 AM »
But what's the point? They are poking around on that 64 bit positioning proof-of-concept someone (most likely a contractor) made two years ago. It's obvious they can't do anything with it. We have self-appointed "game journalists", who can't call it out, because they have no clue about software development.

N0mad

« Reply #1239 on: September 15, 2017, 04:54:43 AM »
they have no clue about software development.

Yes, their ship collision / damage system appears not have been thought through at all. They simply decide who gets damaged based on which has the larger mass  :vince: so much for physics.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1240 on: September 15, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »
Yes, their ship collision / damage system appears not have been thought through at all. They simply decide who gets damaged based on which has the larger mass  :vince: so much for physics.
That must have been changed recently to pander the snowflakes. When I was playing with 2.0 two years ago, Auroras on cruise mode could still explode Constellations.

But yeah, I meant the "game journalists" on various "review sites" (which popped out of nowhere during the last decade), who have both no clue about either video games nor software development. That is the reason why they cannot call Croberts out, even when they visit his studios.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:24:09 AM by Backer42 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1241 on: September 15, 2017, 08:33:20 AM »
Hey guyz!!

Remember when I was saying that they have to release something called 3.0? There you have it.

My prediction for 3.0 is that it won't have any space<->planet traversal, and will just be a level you load into. Just like GC2017 showed.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Bubba

« Reply #1242 on: September 15, 2017, 02:41:08 PM »
Who knows? Maybe 3.0 will be just 'round the corner.

Damn, in my drunken haze the other night, did I suggest that someone  would try to get you to buy into some fake scoop? To be honest, I was expecting something better to come with a lot less warning. That's just amateur hour. Eyes on the prize, etc.

Motto

« Reply #1243 on: September 15, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
Somebody on the Reddit 3.0 progress update captured the wording and meaning quite good:

Good Friday Citizens!

This week on Progress Watch, we observe a shift in CIG's bug fixing strategy. As you may have heard in yesterday's ATV, they decided to bring the Evocati Test Flight in activity sooner. To that end, they reduced the amount of stable features the initial ETF build will have, and they'll then expand to more features as they get stabilized. This can be achieved using the Delta Patcher which will come with 3.0.0, allowing to patch the game more often and using less bandwidth.

This decision also reduced the amount of bugs remaining to fix before the ETF PTU can be opened. We're now down to 26 bugs from 76 last week, which hints that ETF PTU may start next week or the week after. Fingers crossed!

So, taking as much unstable things out of the already reduced scope to get a somewhat stable build and the deltapatcher. That's the big 3.0 that will be the Early Access. Oh man, Chris is so fucked it will be hard to watch :cripes:

N0mad

« Reply #1244 on: September 15, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »
I suspect at this rate 3.0 will just be 2.6.3 with some small moons to land on, but only for the Evocati testers. Should be ready for CitizenCon at least.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk