Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1137138 times)

the_wolfmann

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1275 on: September 18, 2017, 05:23:59 AM »
While we're on the topic discussing their liquid assets, and more specifically MoCap, didn't they build their own studio for that? I'd be suprised if they're not lending it for extra profit to other productions in the area (cough) Holywood (cough). Could they hold onto that asset in the upcoming crash? My bet it that in the case of non-delivery it's technically owned by the backers but law is so complex they'll probably find a loophole for that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:25:30 AM by the_wolfmann »

Darklegend1

« Reply #1276 on: September 18, 2017, 05:27:35 AM »
While we're on the topic discussing their liquid assets, and more specifically MoCap, didn't they build their own studio for that? I'd be suprised if they're not lending it for extra profit to other productions in the area (cough) Holywood (cough). Could they hold onto that asset in the upcoming crash? My bet it that in case of non-delivery it's technically owned by the backers but law is so complex they'll probably find a loophole for that.

well in such cases of investments, profits tends to come after and period of time and i dont think cig has much left. You cant just start making profits overnight after investment. and when cig will go down chris will liquidate everything and will have his and his families salaries drawn for the last month for all the hard work.  :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #1277 on: September 18, 2017, 06:32:50 AM »

Motto

« Reply #1278 on: September 18, 2017, 07:30:05 AM »
Ha. I got banned on R/SC for 30 days. I'm guessing for trolling or not contributing enough. Strange, with 94 unread replies  :D But, yeah, that's the way to go guys. Just keep on banning those who say that SC is a scam and never will be released. That'll get the game released  :doh:

Anyway, I'll be back just before Shitizen Con. That event surely will bring the fun back in my live, since I clearly live and breath to troll on R/SC  :dance:

StanTheMan

« Reply #1279 on: September 18, 2017, 08:21:15 AM »
Ha. I got banned on R/SC for 30 days. I'm guessing for trolling or not contributing enough. Strange, with 94 unread replies  :D But, yeah, that's the way to go guys. Just keep on banning those who say that SC is a scam and never will be released. That'll get the game released  :doh:

Anyway, I'll be back just before Shitizen Con. That event surely will bring the fun back in my live, since I clearly live and breath to troll on R/SC  :dance:

That was a decent enough run...

StanTheMan

« Reply #1280 on: September 18, 2017, 08:23:04 AM »
While we're on the topic discussing their liquid assets, and more specifically MoCap, didn't they build their own studio for that? I'd be suprised if they're not lending it for extra profit to other productions in the area (cough) Holywood (cough). Could they hold onto that asset in the upcoming crash? My bet it that in the case of non-delivery it's technically owned by the backers but law is so complex they'll probably find a loophole for that.

He probably screwed that up as well.

He and sandi insist on popping in to give advice or try and get Sandi a part.   

Motto

« Reply #1281 on: September 18, 2017, 09:05:31 AM »
That was a decent enough run...

You're free to fill my place for the next month. Or just give me your Reddit credentials  :D

N0mad

« Reply #1282 on: September 18, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »
Can't you do what all the other Shitizens do and just create an Alt with a different email address?

Motto

« Reply #1283 on: September 18, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »
No, if I do that they'll ban me from Reddit. And there are more SC tropics I can visit. I'm not a troll, remember...

Motto

« Reply #1284 on: September 18, 2017, 10:29:25 AM »
Ouch, a Sr Amazon Gameplay Engineer tweets she wants out. That's gotta hurt...

Just 💔 my own heart and asked for a refund from Cloud Imperium (AKA Star Citizen); I don't see the game I wanted from 2012-2014 coming out.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1285 on: September 18, 2017, 11:42:12 AM »
    • Email lists of fans - probably quite valuable, potentially illegal to sell anyway
    Probably legal, actually.  How do you think spam lists are made?  And the added kicker here is that their list would reveal who are the fools who were willing to part with large sums of money.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1286 on: September 19, 2017, 05:06:15 PM »
    Reading some of the comments on here, there is going ot be one mad scramble for the exit fairly soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/711pmt/failuretoreport_talks_feature_creep_cig_behaviour/

It is going to be too late for most.

I'm afraid. I really am. I love the game and want to support it, but CIG is no longer a company that I trusted as much as I did in 2012-2014. Why is absolutely nobody talking about the 890J's ridiculous price jump from 600 - 890$ despite the fact that the 890J hasn't even left the concept stage yet? The community is letting all of this happen right in front of them, God knows what this community will let CIG get away with in the full release of the game.
    If 3.0 doesn't turn out to be the direction that I wanted with this game, I'm going to pull out. Not for any other reason than the reasons I outlined above. I simply no longer trust CIG to keep supporting it. If I'm not confident that CIG will run the game properly well into the game's release then there is no point in backing the game.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
    • Administrator
      • Smart Speak Blog
    « Reply #1287 on: September 19, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
    Reading some of the comments on here, there is going ot be one mad scramble for the exit fairly soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/711pmt/failuretoreport_talks_feature_creep_cig_behaviour/

It is going to be too late for most.

I'm afraid. I really am. I love the game and want to support it, but CIG is no longer a company that I trusted as much as I did in 2012-2014. Why is absolutely nobody talking about the 890J's ridiculous price jump from 600 - 890$ despite the fact that the 890J hasn't even left the concept stage yet? The community is letting all of this happen right in front of them, God knows what this community will let CIG get away with in the full release of the game.
    If 3.0 doesn't turn out to be the direction that I wanted with this game, I'm going to pull out. Not for any other reason than the reasons I outlined above. I simply no longer trust CIG to keep supporting it. If I'm not confident that CIG will run the game properly well into the game's release then there is no point in backing the game.

The thing is that quite a few people are on the way out; they're just not making it public.
    Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1288 on: September 19, 2017, 10:56:38 PM »
    There are a lot of people who are now waiting to see how 3.0 will turn out. One wonders why they still think that CIG will actually produce a 3.0 that does show they can do it. It's obvious they can't. Those who are smart ask for refund now since the 3.0 release will be the end for SC. The final nail in the coffin. People who see progress in the 3.0 build just deserve to get scammed by Chris.
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:10:45 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
    • Administrator
      • Smart Speak Blog
    « Reply #1289 on: September 20, 2017, 06:45:24 AM »
    There are a lot of people who are now waiting to see how 3.0 will turn out. One wonders why they still think that CIG will actually produce a 3.0 that does show they can do it. It obvious they can't. Those who a smart ask for refund now since the 3.0 release will be the end for SC. The final nail in the coffin. People who see progress in the 3.0 build just deserve to get scammed by Chris.

It's bullshit. They were saying the same thing about 2.0. Then they were promised 3.0, but got 2.6 - in Dec 2016. So whatever they are waiting for in 3.0, isn't going to change anything because it's not a substantive enough to rescue the project. Especially given the fact that it's now been massively trimmed, is buggy, a performance hog etc.

Most people are refunding and moving on.
    Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk