Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1135897 times)

Dementropy

• Smarties
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2016, 10:59:39 AM »
It's possible the mod saw it as a personal attack on the shills. If I remember correctly, Tippis received a similar temp ban, a few months ago, when throwing logic at the shillizens in the same thread.

Ah well.

Tweeting stuff like "30 Days! #StarCitizen" is ominous enough to get r/ds up in arms.  :smug:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2016, 11:05:08 AM »
It's possible the mod saw it as a personal attack on the shills. If I remember correctly, Tippis received a similar temp ban, a few months ago, when throwing logic at the shillizens in the same thread.

Ah well.

Tweeting stuff like "30 Days! #StarCitizen" is ominous enough to get r/ds up in arms.  :smug:

No clue. But considering that both Hi-Ban and Cmdr Orlando who get banned regularly, use the same language, it's anyone's guess what ends up triggering a mod's ire. I'm sure they don't even want Star Citizen discussions there tbh, since it's a high maintenance mod requirement.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

mackjazno

« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2016, 11:28:49 PM »

Probably more than a few CIG fans reported your post for whatever since they just can't stand hearing negative things about their game that they have sunk too much money into.  I should know.  Your stuff used to upset me too until I came around!  Part of the reason I joined your forum is to get another view and some inside info.  Where better than here?

I think you are right, it just causes the mods more work to respond to CIG fans flagging each and every one of your posts. So you get banned.

Darklegend1

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2016, 03:33:20 AM »

Probably more than a few CIG fans reported your post for whatever since they just can't stand hearing negative things about their game that they have sunk too much money into.  I should know.  Your stuff used to upset me too until I came around!  Part of the reason I joined your forum is to get another view and some inside info.  Where better than here?

I think you are right, it just causes the mods more work to respond to CIG fans flagging each and every one of your posts. So you get banned.

Good point, maybe if i had much more than the starter pack then i too would have not accepted the logical truth.
i only invested coz of the label that said 'coming 2016' on their website i never knew it was a honey trap, never did i thought a game developer can stoop this low.

One thing i noticed that when asked about the delays CIG fans says "game development takes time" and then start giving examples of other games that took long but they dont seem to see that if they can deduce that start citizen will take 6-8 yrs in making so does the developer even more extensively so why do they false advertise coming this year on their site.they should clearly state coming 2018 or 2019. In 2016 its was "coming 2016",now we are coming to 2017 so now it is "coming 2017" its just to trap new players into thinking that its coming like next month or so and take their money away.

i tried telling this to fans on reddit that i understand game can take 10yrs if it has to but it is wrong on CIG part to do false advertising and  play carrot and stick strategy with backers. but they were not ready to understand.
I know telling the actual deadline will surely hurt funding but it is the right way to do it. Atleast new backers will know what they are getting into and there will be no ranting articles on reddit.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:35:22 AM by Darklegend1 »

Sunwalker

« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2016, 06:06:47 AM »
Well at least Shitizens can't cry foul when the same overzealous mods they keep ripping on /r/DS pull the same stunt and ban others.

I just got banned for this post (probably deleted) which is quite puzzling to say the least.

Mr. Smart, it looks for me that you have violated their "no naming and shaming" rule, since you mentioned the name of the shill.

Even when someone happen to be complaining about the actions of another commander in Elite Dangerous, it is not allowed to say his name. I noticed that when I was reading anotger day a thread in which someone complain about being ganked, but he mentions that he isn't allowed to say the name of the ganker because of said rule.

Whether this sort of rule is necessary or not, it is a completely different discussion. But at least I can say is that it looks for me that the Frontier mods are being consistent with their own rules.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2016, 08:56:01 AM »
Well at least Shitizens can't cry foul when the same overzealous mods they keep ripping on /r/DS pull the same stunt and ban others.

I just got banned for this post (probably deleted) which is quite puzzling to say the least.

Mr. Smart, it looks for me that you have violated their "no naming and shaming" rule, since you mentioned the name of the shill.

Not in this case. As you can see from the message, it says No flaming, trolling, harassment, and/or badgering. I have no idea which one I apparently violated, but I would guess it's because of this line "They are lying shills whose sole purpose is to lie, obfuscate and deride"

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2016, 06:14:23 PM »
So the guy who has been leaking 2.6 footage, has been getting death threats.

Rogerio

• Smarties
  • Tickle me, Sandi.
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2016, 02:21:23 AM »

I think we can safely say that nothing from Shitizens are shocking us anymore.

If they are doing this over you, previous backers, people showing videos of a video game, etc.... I can ONLY IMAGINE what they will do towards Chris Roberts and his crew, when the projects sink.

I mean, if they are this vile towards a dude who just showed some alpha footage, what will they do towards the people who took their money!?
 :wtchris:

Darklegend1

« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2016, 03:28:11 AM »

I think we can safely say that nothing from Shitizens are shocking us anymore.

If they are doing this over you, previous backers, people showing videos of a video game, etc.... I can ONLY IMAGINE what they will do towards Chris Roberts and his crew, when the projects sink.

I mean, if they are this vile towards a dude who just showed some alpha footage, what will they do towards the people who took their money!?
 :wtchris:

I think they all will go dead silent when that happens as making noise would only show they were morons previously even when they were warned... :laugh: :laugh:

also does the new atv has anything worth seeing ..havnt watched it myself
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:29:53 AM by Darklegend1 »

Padrepapp

« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2016, 04:04:17 AM »
Star Citizen fans are so zealous, that in the end if SC falls, they will say: "Chris Roberts is a hero, who tried to do what noone dared, and failed because of external reasons."

Rogerio

• Smarties
  • Tickle me, Sandi.
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2016, 04:30:14 AM »
Star Citizen fans are so zealous, that in the end if SC falls, they will say: "Chris Roberts is a hero, who tried to do what noone dared, and failed because of external reasons."

And by "external reasons" we all know who they are going to blame.
Because one man alone, through the internet, is capable of disrupting a 130+ million dollar and 400+ employees operation.  :snoop: :wtchris:

And by the way, the hate and lawsuit threats over at the Pebble kickstarter page/reddit is getting out of hand... and these people got their watches, a physical working device, and they are in flames because they are not getting more updates/patches, etc... and we are talking of 100-250 bucks watches.
(the ones that did not get the watch, will be getting refunds soon though)

So one has to wonder what happens when people lose all that money and get just hopes and dreams memories in return. lol

somedude

« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2016, 06:10:17 AM »
If I was Chris, i'd take some of that cash i stole and hire a few armed bodyguards with it. He's gonna need them i'd guess.

Mehlan

« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
 I like how they stab themselves in the foot with their own updates...

See the 'status' report on Sq42 from Games and Citizen conventions...
    then note in the latest ATV they talk about new animation capture for SQ42
    now in the latest RTV they comment about starting work on the f8, an asset for SQ42
    that was reputed to have been completed months ago.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2016, 07:48:10 PM »
It's all been lies. I have been saying that for months. 2017 is when the wheels finally come off I think.

Darklegend1

« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2016, 10:31:13 PM »
so thats it for the year from CIG will be on leave till 12th of january :airquote:(so much for 3.0) :airquote:. :lesnick: :sandance:

So when do you guys think 3.0 update will come i would say end march..what ya say guys??
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:32:49 PM by Darklegend1 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk