Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1197752 times)

Ghostmaker

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1545 on: October 15, 2017, 08:02:41 PM »
Assuming the cops and the IRS don't show up on their doorstep with warrants.

Hey, a man can dream.

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1546 on: October 15, 2017, 10:34:44 PM »
Assuming the cops and the IRS don't show up on their doorstep with warrants.

Hey, a man can dream.
Nah.  It'll be the bank with a foreclosure notice that'll come first.

Motto

« Reply #1547 on: October 16, 2017, 01:40:53 AM »
No, Chris will probably try to downsize a lot to keep things running. As long as at least one person is working on the game, he's in the clear, according to their ToS. That that won't up in court is for another moment, but it'll buy him time to be rescued. Which of course won't happen this time around.

Darklegend1

« Reply #1548 on: October 16, 2017, 12:43:01 PM »
No, Chris will probably try to downsize a lot to keep things running. As long as at least one person is working on the game, he's in the clear, according to their ToS. That that won't up in court is for another moment, but it'll buy him time to be rescued. Which of course won't happen this time around.

OR he can be the last man himself with his brother both drinking beers every day in office for a long time. WIP Forever :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1549 on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:38 AM »
Oh how soon we forget. CIG still actively issues DMCA takedowns over 3.0 leaked videos.

""Star Citizen 3...." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Cloud Imperium Rights LLC and Roberts Space Industries Corp.."

So here is a 2014 promise Chris made and broke. Yeah because they don't want the rest of the backers to see the actual state of the project. FF to 0:30.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:45:50 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #1550 on: October 17, 2017, 06:30:33 AM »
Looks like they're only "excited" when the videos posted are portraying them in a positive light. Man oh man... I'm kind of disappointed both projects will never make it out of the door to receive proper criticism. Crobbo would've burned hotter than the sun with shame.

Motto

« Reply #1551 on: October 17, 2017, 03:40:33 PM »
This one is just to good to be true. From the R/DS: My continued interest in Star Citizen has nothing to do with belief. Beliefs are silly. However, I see plenty of evidence that the project is moving forward, that the team is capable of pulling it off, and that they are managing the money wisely for the most part.

Now how stupid must you be if that is what you see  :vince:

StanTheMan

« Reply #1552 on: October 17, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »
Oh how soon we forget. CIG still actively issues DMCA takedowns over 3.0 leaked videos.

""Star Citizen 3...." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Cloud Imperium Rights LLC and Roberts Space Industries Corp.."

So here is a 2014 promise Chris made and broke. Yeah because they don't want the rest of the backers to see the actual state of the project. FF to 0:30.

Ahh but her did say "trying our best" ....not to restrict fans using Star Citizen content in their own YouTubes..

Scruffpuff

« Reply #1553 on: October 17, 2017, 05:02:52 PM »
This one is just to good to be true. From the R/DS: My continued interest in Star Citizen has nothing to do with belief. Beliefs are silly. However, I see plenty of evidence that the project is moving forward, that the team is capable of pulling it off, and that they are managing the money wisely for the most part.

ROFL.  I like how he either makes fun of the concept of belief on purpose, or in an attempt to innoculate himself against criticism for what he is about to say - yet he deftly faceplants into his own logic.

"Believing in something without evidence is silly.  Misreading clear evidence of abject failure and actually believing it represents success is intelligent and cool."

Shit.  At least with belief you have a chance to be right.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1554 on: October 17, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »

That guys badly needs an intervention. I mean, seriously.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1555 on: October 19, 2017, 03:34:51 PM »
TheAgent has a new leak:

Stop trying to get refunds. Your money, that you gave us, is gone. It went to developing dreams; not yours, but the people in charge here. You paid for them to live out their dreams: Ben, who finally got to work with his idol; Sandi, who got back into acting; Chris who got to direct an absolutely stellar A list cast. For everyone else, you've given them hundreds of thousands, if not millions, to pursue whatever they want to do. I'm sure they thank you for helping them do what they've only dared dreamed.

The rest of us politely say "Stop emailing us asking for your money back." I know the official line is that everything is great and we are making money like crazy, but it's not. Things here are dire. They've been dire for awhile but you can feel the shame and terror every time you walk into the building. I know this is coming off harsh. I don't care. I'm sick of working here and I'm especially sick of the whiny emails I continue to get. What did you expect?

I cashed out four months ago via GM. If you can sell a ship to a buyer, take it. Take it for half. Just take it.

You can also email and ask for a partial refund for 10%. Those we will approve without a problem, although it might take six or eight weeks to process now. Otherwise, stop asking, stop emailing and stop whining. Just stop.

Motto

« Reply #1556 on: October 19, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »
I want to know more about the dire things. Vacancies, people that have left, buildings being emptied out, people not getting paid, stuff like that. Facts to make public to spread more FUD truth out there in hopes of stopping people from spending more money.  It's time this scam stops. No need to keep it going any longer. I want to see the discussions change into "so, okay, Derek WAS right, now what?" The stupidity of the WKCF is getting boring, not much fun left there.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1557 on: October 19, 2017, 04:58:38 PM »
I want to know more about the dire things. Vacancies, people that have left, buildings being emptied out, people not getting paid, stuff like that. Facts to make public to spread more FUD truth out there in hopes of stopping people from spending more money.  It's time this scam stops. No need to keep it going any longer. I want to see the discussions change into "so, okay, Derek WAS right, now what?" The stupidity of the WKCF is getting boring, not much fun left there.

Same here. But I'm a patient man. I can wait.  :smuggo:

Bubba

« Reply #1558 on: October 20, 2017, 12:24:32 AM »
You realize, of course, that the law of internet idiocy dictates that the discussion will not change into "Derek Smart was Right", but rather "This is all Derek Smart's fault."

N0mad

« Reply #1559 on: October 20, 2017, 12:35:31 AM »
So, the latest Burndown out. It's really dull, it's mostly about the shopping screen UI so you can buy a cargo, take it somewhere and sell it. Another gameplay element which has been present in games since the 80s, was never fun and they've overcomplicated it as usual. 

Unlear whether the must fix issues are just Shopping and Cargo, or general:

:vince: IT'S A MESS - DEREK SMART WAS RIGHT  :vince:
Clearly, Burndown is now just a mechanism to explain why the game will stay in Evocati indefinitely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk