Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1197389 times)

Spunky Munkee

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1695 on: November 28, 2017, 08:25:47 PM »
Nope. Not a single land claim will be honored nor will the supplies needed to homestead be purchased. CIG is sinking fast. The sharks are circling.

krylite

« Reply #1696 on: November 29, 2017, 03:16:30 AM »
Unbelievable to hear. Now doubling down on the ponzi making it worse. Shamelessly riffing off ED too.
Any player can discover a new system in ED and it will automatically and persistently note that the cmdr name discovered it only in text at least. Even ED can't pretend to implement individual player owned bases or structural assets at this point despite the myriad threads in their forum of players wishing they could in the past years since ED was released. So these land license deals could be for a supposedly released SC five to ten years out.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:26:18 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1697 on: November 29, 2017, 05:46:36 AM »
UPDATE: Citizens aren't taking the news lightly. Meanwhile, over at /r/games where Shitizens have no power...
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1698 on: November 29, 2017, 06:32:28 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1699 on: November 29, 2017, 08:15:14 AM »
Have good laugh at this logic

Flashwit

« Reply #1700 on: November 29, 2017, 10:02:00 AM »
I'm thinking that next they should sell entries into a lottery that will give you the chance to buy a spot on a waiting list to buy a beacon.

The possibilities are really endless here.

lurker_404

« Reply #1701 on: November 29, 2017, 11:09:56 AM »
Wow! It's the first time that I can see through the various french fan forums a so desillusioned and angry SC community; more and more of them confessing refunds during the past months and finally being critical and aware of the coming armageddon, despite the usual official videogames press blackout.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

N0mad

« Reply #1703 on: December 01, 2017, 12:02:46 AM »
Derek, I'd love to hear your take on this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7gq7yl/theagent_leak_via_sa_star_citizen_may_go/

The Agent has been insightful before now, but how true are these latest claims?

hurrdurr

« Reply #1704 on: December 01, 2017, 12:24:03 PM »
Funny thing is that I am not seeing the usual "Just you wait 3.0 is here and it's the most awesomest super duper spacey shoot'em up pew pew game eveh'. They know it sucks.

Actually I did see some loser on an OC3D forum reply to someone asking about 3.0 PTU and they said "It's already the best game I've ever played."  :bahgawd:

N0mad

« Reply #1705 on: December 01, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/936700619385122818

Calling it now. When the Star Citizen fiasco ends in the coming weeks, Tony Z is going to be our version of Michael Flynn. With Chris & Ortwin filling in for Trump & Pence. And Sandi, Chambers & Erin as Ivanka, Kushner & Sessions. 😂

Don't think we're not paying attention Derek. What are you not telling us about the ELE - and (more importantly) when do we get to find out?  :)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1706 on: December 01, 2017, 03:09:21 PM »
Derek, I'd love to hear your take on this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7gq7yl/theagent_leak_via_sa_star_citizen_may_go/

The Agent has been insightful before now, but how true are these latest claims?

Yeah, I would just ignore all of that. TheAgent has turned leaks into a gimmick. So nobody pays attention anymore. He's been completely "off" this past year. He even admits to just posting any shit that comes his way.

Anyway, I wouldn't pay any attention to that rubbish.

Also, Star Citizen already has monthly subscriptions. They claim that it pays for the ATV and similar shows. And they have also shamelessly been using it as an incentive to get non-subs to pay in order to get early access (via Evocati, PTU) to a game they already paid for.  :laugh: They just recently did it again with the 3.0 PTU release. So, given the on-going costs of running servers (hardware and AWS), they have to pay those bills in the long run - while funding their operations. So I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to normalize subscriptions in some form.

But given the prices of ships and items, I don't see how they could possibly change to a F2P model, and not get laughed at.

None of this is news because any game billing itself as an MMO - which Star Citizen isn't, and NEVER will be - has to find a long-term strategy to fund their costs.

As I've said before, the only way forward for them - if they survive (which they won't) - is to forget this whole MMO nonsense, and go with a session based game like ED and others. With a 16 player cap, they can get away with it. But that would require them to implement private servers and a server browser. They already have those components, including matchmaking, so it's not a stretch for them to do this. But that would completely kill the dream. And because it makes sense, they won't do it. So there's that.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1707 on: December 01, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/936700619385122818

Calling it now. When the Star Citizen fiasco ends in the coming weeks, Tony Z is going to be our version of Michael Flynn. With Chris & Ortwin filling in for Trump & Pence. And Sandi, Chambers & Erin as Ivanka, Kushner & Sessions. 😂

Don't think we're not paying attention Derek. What are you not telling us about the ELE - and (more importantly) when do we get to find out?  :)

Soon. Two Weeks.  :smuggo:

Motto

« Reply #1708 on: December 01, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »
90 days. Tops!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1709 on: December 03, 2017, 06:36:04 AM »
Bootcha is back! And this looks like it's going to be amazing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk