Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1226619 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #885 on: August 26, 2017, 07:07:55 AM »
A $156M game, 6 years in dev, can't figure out ramps. In pictures.

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DIKUMRBXcAA4ocO.mp4
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #886 on: August 26, 2017, 08:17:54 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #887 on: August 26, 2017, 03:24:25 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #888 on: August 26, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »

Motto

« Reply #889 on: August 26, 2017, 03:38:32 PM »
Yes, but the top post still quotes it fully: Derek Smart was absolutely right about this game. If he wasn't people would hate him as they do. Also it's not the marketing team that destroyed this game. Chris Roberts destroyed this game with the ridiculous promises he made. The marketing team is stuck with very few ideas to make money now. Chris Roberts didn't want a subscription based game. Instead he wanted to sell over priced ships. He also gave us the infinite ccu and infinite melting of ships. He also made ridiculous promises and stretch goals that nerdy white knights want ingame nomatter how impractical they are "pets in space". If you step back and take a deep breath it looks as if star citizen is a scam.   :golfclap:

StanTheMan

« Reply #890 on: August 26, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »

He deserves everything he gets.   

Plenty of poor human beings in desperate circumstances that I care about more than this thief.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #891 on: August 26, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »
I don't believe that Chris Roberts is a pauper. I bet he has many millions squirreled away, especially with his above average salary. Let Robert's pay to keep his mess alive. Let him bankroll the mess of his own creation. Do I think he would spend his own money to save HIS project? Who knows. Perhaps he will fall victim to the Sunken Cost Fallacy and return the cash he drained from the project as a salary.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #892 on: August 27, 2017, 05:32:31 AM »
I don't believe that Chris Roberts is a pauper. I bet he has many millions squirreled away, especially with his above average salary. Let Robert's pay to keep his mess alive. Let him bankroll the mess of his own creation. Do I think he would spend his own money to save HIS project? Who knows. Perhaps he will fall victim to the Sunken Cost Fallacy and return the cash he drained from the project as a salary.

Scammers tend not to do that. So he will do whatever he can to keep it going as long as possible, while ensuring that he has some of it set aside. Remember, after this, he's never - ever - working in this industry again. Like ever.

Motto

« Reply #893 on: August 27, 2017, 08:19:18 AM »
Well, we can voice our opinion on this poll. Let's awake all the Goons  :D

Meowz

« Reply #894 on: August 27, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
Well, we can voice our opinion on this poll. Let's awake all the Goons  :D

Voted: "Slow implosion of game with no real release" cult whales and newly inducted members will slow the sink of the ship, but there aren't enough airbags out there to stop it, let repair the massive hole in the side.

I still have concierge access on Spectrum, the thin line between cult whales and disgruntled, on knife edge of seeking refund, whales is becoming glaringly more apparent. Pledge level is no longer indicative of current "faith" in the project, more so after gamescon.

The live concierge chat channel has been pretty much hijacked by a few WK concierge members still stuck in zealous dream mode like most were back during KS days. Even the slightest challenge, no matter how well reasoned or respectful that is presented is quickly shouted down. Channel is now under heavy moderation at all times including the forums where we used to have a lot more leeway.

Point being, even in the holy sanctum of Concierge things are bad, and its quickly going quiet due to whales just going straight to refunds instead of attempting to discuss their growing concerns with SC.

Orgetorix

« Reply #895 on: August 27, 2017, 05:46:39 PM »
Point being, even in the holy sanctum of Concierge things are bad, and its quickly going quiet due to whales just going straight to refunds instead of attempting to discuss their growing concerns with SC.

And that's precisely why there won't be a slow implosion. This travesty is going to end like all Ponzi Schemes, hard and fast. After all the money runs out and the fraud is exposed, the Feds will be the ones left to turn out the lights, once that happens, people are going to jail... 

BigM

« Reply #896 on: August 27, 2017, 07:15:02 PM »

And that's precisely why there won't be a slow implosion. This travesty is going to end like all Ponzi Schemes, hard and fast. After all the money runs out and the fraud is exposed, the Feds will be the ones left to turn out the lights, once that happens, people are going to jail...

I hope so, will love to see CR and SG be dragged off to Federal Prison!

Orgetorix

« Reply #897 on: August 27, 2017, 07:28:09 PM »
I hope so, will love to see CR and SG be dragged off to Federal Prison!

Orgetorix

« Reply #898 on: August 27, 2017, 07:36:45 PM »
"You don’t see it right away. Any Ponzi scheme looks just fine as long as more people can be found to put their money in. But the end is inevitable and the longer it is delayed the more resounding the collapse." -Jake Van Der Kamp
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:47:18 PM by Orgetorix »

Fool Me Once

« Reply #899 on: August 27, 2017, 10:23:13 PM »
A $156M game, 6 years in dev, can't figure out ramps. In pictures.

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DIKUMRBXcAA4ocO.mp4

Whatīs actually baffling isnīt that getting a rover up a ramp that is set in uneven terrain would cause problems; its that CIG didnīt seem to realize that it would be a problem, and simply add tiny thrusters that lift up the rover enough to clear ramps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk