Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134725 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #345 on: February 02, 2017, 09:53:28 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Darklegend1

« Reply #347 on: February 10, 2017, 04:43:29 AM »
cant stop laughing after seeing this gif

:laugh: :laugh:

Darklegend1

« Reply #348 on: February 10, 2017, 04:51:00 AM »
Another day, and more stolen art found in Star Citizen. Seriously, this is getting out of hand now, right?

Someone made a GIF showing the watermark in the stolen image

Meanwhile, over there....

LOL derek check out this article you will love it..

https://noticiasstarcitizen.wordpress.com/2017/02/02/cloud-imperium-games-lo-vuelve-a-hacer-utiliza-ilegalmente-material-de-terceros/

:laugh: :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #349 on: February 10, 2017, 02:30:10 PM »
LOL!! Even though Google Translate mangled it, I thought it was hilarious.  :laugh:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2017, 05:35:57 PM »
This was posted over on SA. It's hilarious.  :laugh:

Here, journalists, I have researched a list of convenient questions for you to ask Chris Roberts in your next totally-not-a-paid-placement interview! No need to thank me- just be sure to read them verbatim.

At Gamescom in April of 2016 you demo'd the "Alpha" of Star Citizen's 3.0 patch, which was slated to introduce NPC's and a larger game world. At the time you indicated that this was set to release before the end of the year.
At the moment, it is 2 months into 2017, and several statements by employees have given the impression that you have not even begun working on 3.0. Is that the case, and if so, what was it that you showed off last year at Gamescom? What prompted you to give late-2016 as a release date?

In an interview with Forbes in 2013, you said: "[Then] an alpha of the single-player game, and then finally a beta of the persistent universe by the end of the year (2014)." Now obviously that was wildly off the mark.
What was behind your estimates at that time, and what has changed to push the release date back by 3+ years with no end in sight? Are you addicted to that little tingle that comes from making declarative statements?

On your forums in 2014, Ben Lesnick, then director of community engagement and content strategy, said: "   [... We] plan to launch the Persistent Universe sometime in 2015 and expect to have all the features we’ve talked about to date implemented and functioning (with the help of the community which will be testing them) over the course of the ensuing year." In an interview with Geekdomo in April 2014, Erin Roberts said: "For the first chapter [of Squadron 42], we're aiming for it to be towards the beginning of next year (2015)."What was behind their estimates at that time? It appears that in each of these quotes, the strategy when discussing release dates was just to say something approximately 12 months ahead of the current moment. Would you say your company has some kind of issue with estimating more than 5-6 months out? Would you say that the "Con" in CitizenCon does not, in fact, stand for "Convention?"

In this video, you begin waving your hands while describing procedural generation for star citizen in 2014. In this video, you begin waving your hands while describing procedural generation for star citizen in 2016. These appear to be the same mechanics you've been waving your hands and describing for 2 years. What have you actually accomplished, you intolerable waste of skin?

In september of last year, you angrily denied rumors that the SQ42 was delayed. Less than a month later, you did a complete 180 on that statement and announced that the game was delayed, and promised an update in the near future. It's been 4 months since then and it is increasingly apparent that you weren't anywhere close to finishing the smallest part of this project. When you lie so blatantly, do your testicles kind of shrink up into your body or have you lost the ability to feel shame?

Virtually everything in this timeline is wrong. Are you a loofah-faced shit gibbon?

SpaceTroll

« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2017, 07:02:46 PM »
This was posted over on SA. It's hilarious.  :laugh:

Here, journalists, I have researched a list of convenient questions for you to ask Chris Roberts in your next totally-not-a-paid-placement interview! No need to thank me- just be sure to read them verbatim.

At Gamescom in April of 2016 you demo'd the "Alpha" of Star Citizen's 3.0 patch, which was slated to introduce NPC's and a larger game world. At the time you indicated that this was set to release before the end of the year.
At the moment, it is 2 months into 2017, and several statements by employees have given the impression that you have not even begun working on 3.0. Is that the case, and if so, what was it that you showed off last year at Gamescom? What prompted you to give late-2016 as a release date?

In an interview with Forbes in 2013, you said: "[Then] an alpha of the single-player game, and then finally a beta of the persistent universe by the end of the year (2014)." Now obviously that was wildly off the mark.
What was behind your estimates at that time, and what has changed to push the release date back by 3+ years with no end in sight? Are you addicted to that little tingle that comes from making declarative statements?

On your forums in 2014, Ben Lesnick, then director of community engagement and content strategy, said: "   [... We] plan to launch the Persistent Universe sometime in 2015 and expect to have all the features we’ve talked about to date implemented and functioning (with the help of the community which will be testing them) over the course of the ensuing year." In an interview with Geekdomo in April 2014, Erin Roberts said: "For the first chapter [of Squadron 42], we're aiming for it to be towards the beginning of next year (2015)."What was behind their estimates at that time? It appears that in each of these quotes, the strategy when discussing release dates was just to say something approximately 12 months ahead of the current moment. Would you say your company has some kind of issue with estimating more than 5-6 months out? Would you say that the "Con" in CitizenCon does not, in fact, stand for "Convention?"

In this video, you begin waving your hands while describing procedural generation for star citizen in 2014. In this video, you begin waving your hands while describing procedural generation for star citizen in 2016. These appear to be the same mechanics you've been waving your hands and describing for 2 years. What have you actually accomplished, you intolerable waste of skin?

In september of last year, you angrily denied rumors that the SQ42 was delayed. Less than a month later, you did a complete 180 on that statement and announced that the game was delayed, and promised an update in the near future. It's been 4 months since then and it is increasingly apparent that you weren't anywhere close to finishing the smallest part of this project. When you lie so blatantly, do your testicles kind of shrink up into your body or have you lost the ability to feel shame?

Virtually everything in this timeline is wrong. Are you a loofah-faced shit gibbon?

Great post. Star Citizen is never late according to the shitizens.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #352 on: February 14, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »
In what can only be described as desperation + hilarity, those buffoons over at CIG have a Valentine's Day sale. Trending horribly of course.

Note the limited supplies. Of DIGITAL GOODS!

Also...

Thinking about getting serious? Nothing says ‘I care’ like the rugged Aegis Vanguard deep space fighter, a favorite among long range mercenary pilots and well-armed explorers alike. With firepower and the ability to get you and your co-pilot out of the most dangerous situations, the twin-boom Vanguard design is a favorite from Earth to the frontier.

By popular request, we are also making available the Battlefield Upgrade Kits (BUKs) for the Vanguard line, which allow captains to swap between variants on a single chassis. Please note that these upgrades are not available in the current alpha build of Star Citizen; their functionality will be added in a future patch.

Also have some Valentines Day sales metrics.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:06:18 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #353 on: February 15, 2017, 05:03:44 AM »
Meanwhile, over at FDev after the latest Elite Dangerous Beta stream was over...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...l=1#post5154427

I find it more hilarious that the game that started as "playing a ship" will have character customization sooner then the game that started as "play a pilot"
  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2017, 08:56:44 AM »
As we count down the days, and in which some people are thinking that CIG/RSI execs will disappear when the final collapse comes, I don't believe that they will run.

What I see happening is that, since it's crowd-funding, unless and until they actually 1) get sued by one whale - who can also seek class action status 2) they get investigated/sued by either the attorney general in CA or the FTC, they will get away with it.

Remember, it's not illegal for a business to fail. In fact, most startups have a pretty high failure rate; and in 2017, CIG is right on the cusp of that. So unless and until they get sued by either backer(s), State, or Feds, and malfeasance and/or fraud are uncovered, they won't have done anything wrong in continuing to raise funds. Even if they lied about the financial state of the project. This is what whales aren't paying attention to, and which they should.

Stan

« Reply #355 on: February 15, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
As we count down the days, and in which some people are thinking that CIG/RSI execs will disappear when the final collapse comes, I don't believe that they will run.

What I see happening is that, since it's crowd-funding, unless and until they actually 1) get sued by one whale - who can also seek class action status 2) they get investigated/sued by either the attorney general in CA or the FTC, they will get away with it.

Remember, it's not illegal for a business to fail. In fact, most startups have a pretty high failure rate; and in 2017, CIG is right on the cusp of that. So unless and until they get sued by either backer(s), State, or Feds, and malfeasance and/or fraud are uncovered, they won't have done anything wrong in continuing to raise funds. Even if they lied about the financial state of the project. This is what whales aren't paying attention to, and which they should.

And if a whale was to sue them and lose it would cost the Whale a lot of $$$ presumably.

What is in it for the Whale if he could ask for a refund in any case.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #356 on: February 15, 2017, 08:39:19 PM »
It's hilarious to me that CIG did a 2-for-1 Valentine's Day sale, but you can't gift 1 of the ships. It's amazing to me that they can pull off shit like this with impunity.

As someone over on SA said:

This is the best way to do Valentine's Day.

1: dumb enough to think this was a good idea
2: dumb enough actually buy it
3: tell significant other about it
4: be unable to gift it
5: try to explain you'll just have to keep it for yourself
6+: dumb enough to buy another that can be gifted because fucking hell or high water you're not giving away two ships to the so!!

Keep on ruining the relationships of the last 500 people who still believe.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #357 on: February 16, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
Ho Lee Cow this thread is amazing

Where do you see Star Citizen next month? 6 months? 1 year? [Redux]

honestly, at this point, if the game releases by the end of 2020 i will be surprised. half a year ago i would say that it would have been launched by 2020, almost definitivelly. because, you know, they had made huge progress in the backend structure and all the other buzzwords like that, and 2017 would be the year the content started dropping. wich was basically what they also said in 2015. and probably the year before that. by this point, im tired, and i suspect this game is heading for a disaster bigger than NMS, since that pile of steaming shit was atleast released. guess what, SC in its current state is an even bigger pile of steaming shit, and if sq42 is released before 2019, my guess is that it will be just as full of bugs and glitches as SC is now. i have been hyped for this game since 2012, im tired now. the lack of communication is really troubling. yes, they may show us an atv or two, bugsmashers, etc, showing what they are adding to the mini pu. but a year has passed by now since the launch of the mini pu, and it still looks pretty much the same. sure, there is a pirate station in an asteroid belt that took something like 2 months to make, and they tell us they are going to recycle shit and whatnot, and so that the pace of development is accelerating. i wouldnt know, i guess i cant notice speed changes in glaciers. what about an atv for squadron 42? oh right, i forgot, its probably still in the same stage it was when they showed the morrow tour. i would be glad to be proven wrong, but after NMS, im not falling for the same shit twice. im now expecting failure, rather than sucess. and hope is rapidly fading. i could beg CIG to actually show us their progress, not some shitty snippets, but a ton of people have done it before, so whats the point? it would just be a waste of time. im hoping that FD and their 10y plan for ED succeeds, because i feel no decent space game is ever coming out soon except for that one. atleast, they are making much more progress, even if they are not exactly sticking to schedule.

This post finally inspired me to cancel and get all my money back. The whole process of Star Citizen has been nothing but a disappointment for me and, like you, I see no end in sight for this. Thanks for posting this exchange.

nightfire

« Reply #358 on: February 16, 2017, 04:25:57 PM »
It's hilarious to me that CIG did a 2-for-1 Valentine's Day sale, but you can't gift 1 of the ships.
Isn't this actually very much to CIG's own disadvantage, and in the buyer's favor?

Gifted items aren't eligible for a refund (side note: is this still correct?). Therefore, an eligible backer who decides to go for a refund in the future would be able to claim the expense for both ships in the process. OTOH, if it was possible to gift one of the ships, the money for that item would be unrecoverable.

So from a customer-milking perspective, CIG should actually have forced buyers to gift one ship right away, preferably already during the checkout process. If I were CR, I would even have considered 3-1, 4-1 sales etc. with forced-gifting mechanics to accomodate whales with larger families  :D

Or am I missing something?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #359 on: February 16, 2017, 04:58:12 PM »
It's hilarious to me that CIG did a 2-for-1 Valentine's Day sale, but you can't gift 1 of the ships.
Isn't this actually very much to CIG's own disadvantage, and in the buyer's favor?

Gifted items aren't eligible for a refund (side note: is this still correct?). Therefore, an eligible backer who decides to go for a refund in the future would be able to claim the expense for both ships in the process. OTOH, if it was possible to gift one of the ships, the money for that item would be unrecoverable.

So from a customer-milking perspective, CIG should actually have forced buyers to gift one ship right away, preferably already during the checkout process. If I were CR, I would even have considered 3-1, 4-1 sales etc. with forced-gifting mechanics to accomodate whales with larger families  :D

Or am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. It's CIG. So it's not supposed to make one lick of sense. Like - at all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk