Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134537 times)

Narrenbart

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2017, 01:16:21 AM »
This went precisely as expected...

Manage your initial 3.0 expectations, a mental health wellness recommendation.
This happens when you fail to manage expectations of your community for the sole reason to hype sales ... for over 5 years ... it physically hurts me to read this stuff.
They are living in their own dream world and expect a whole mass effect like game in a single patch from a company that does not seem to have any idea what to put in the next sub patch.

Star Citizen - This won't end well.

But I guess I just don't understand game Star Citizen development.

concern

« Reply #391 on: March 09, 2017, 01:52:45 PM »
Apparently character customization is what is needed to make it feel like a real game. I'm obviously ill-informed, because I would have thought game play was the actual key.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2017, 05:42:04 PM »
Apparently character customization is what is needed to make it feel like a real game. I'm obviously ill-informed, because I would have thought game play was the actual key.

That's nuthin'. You saw today's AtV? FF to 08:28

We've also made headway in debugging animation, skeletons, and our animation pipeline in general.  With the help of code and design we also started researching ways to impliment the hundreds of animations we've developed over the years
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

concern

« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »
We've also made headway in debugging animation, skeletons, and our animation pipeline in general.  With the help of code and design we also started researching ways to impliment the hundreds of animations we've developed over the years

It's almost as if they were making an animated movie, rather than a game.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2017, 06:37:50 PM »
Yup.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5yj55a/what_has_all_of_this_magic_from_frankfurt_really/

Oh boy, that one is going to be all kinds of hilarious by morning.

Who recalls back in 2015 after I wrote my first blog, then revealed that they had staffed F42-GER with poached CryTek devs; then Shitizens were up in arms about the magical Germans who were going to be saving their game "because they built CryEngine"?

It's now 2017.

Ah, good times.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Scruffpuff

« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »

started researching ways to impliment the hundreds of animations we've developed over the years

Holy shit.  They developed hundreds of animations FIRST, and now, in 2017, they're going to start researching ways to implement them.

Jesus H. Christ.

Narrenbart

« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2017, 07:23:26 PM »

started researching ways to impliment the hundreds of animations we've developed over the years

Holy shit.  They developed hundreds of animations FIRST, and now, in 2017, they're going to start researching ways to implement them.

Jesus H. Christ.
Quote CIG Bridge Selling Department (CIGBSD)
We gathered a few hundred tons of metal in the last years now we are researching a way to build the bridge we already sold you.

vim

« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2017, 08:42:25 AM »
Been reading on this forum for a while to follow the SC saga. I have not put any money on the game or played it but i did enjoy Wing Commander: Privateer and Freelancer and had some hope for SC early on. Now I'm a bit less optimistic :).

I just wanted to say that i saw the movie above where they mention the research of the animations. I could not stop laughing :D. Eating Sim 2026 :).

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #398 on: March 12, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
This thread is amazing. Lets talk about 3.0 Status

Meanwhile over on p6

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:36:49 AM by dsmart »

somedude

« Reply #399 on: March 12, 2017, 01:37:47 PM »
This year is gonna be very interesting.. i foresee a hell of a lot of popcorn drama on the forums/reddit  :swoon:
As a refundend ex-backer i will enjoy this (altough i'd rather have the game, but this is free entertainment after all)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #400 on: March 13, 2017, 11:44:28 AM »
So BoredGamer who said over a MONTH ago that he was going to visit F42 and post his thoughts, has posted a video of his visit.

The summary?

...meanwhile, over there. (some apparently watched a different video)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 01:04:41 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #401 on: March 13, 2017, 04:20:18 PM »
So Star Citizen is back up on /r/Games. It's...well, go look: Star Citizen's persistent universe draws closer with the imminent Multiplayer Mega Map

Most upvoted...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5z4btn/star_citizens_persistent_universe_draws_closer/devjydl/

The best way to wait for this game is to forget about it entirely and be surprised when something shows up on

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

StupidCitizen

« Reply #403 on: March 16, 2017, 09:26:20 AM »
...meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Amazon takeover rumor is beginning to sink in.

Wow, i have never seen so many fanatics at one place, holy damn  :vince:
Calling all kinds of slurs, responding with anger and hostility over a concern? And they're supposed to be adults ranged 25-70? What?

Glad i got out, if anything is going to be the downfall of this game, the hardcore community is going to be partly responsible for it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #404 on: March 16, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »
...meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Amazon takeover rumor is beginning to sink in.

Wow, i have never seen so many fanatics at one place, holy damn  :vince:
Calling all kinds of slurs, responding with anger and hostility over a concern? And they're supposed to be adults ranged 25-70? What?

Glad i got out, if anything is going to be the downfall of this game, the hardcore community is going to be partly responsible for it.

Oh this is nuthin'. Just wait and see what happens in the coming weeks after 2.6.2 is out.

This is what some of us have said all along; some members of that community are the worst thing that could have ever happened to the project.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk