Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134886 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #480 on: April 21, 2017, 02:30:01 PM »
Q: "CIG why are you pushing backers to bring in more and more players now when you lack any form of New Player Experience?"

A: "Because it's not about your player experience. This is about our banking experience."

A Because they wont look beyond the glitzy visuals after a personal recommendation.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #481 on: April 22, 2017, 06:41:04 AM »
A $27K whale is upset....over the price of a JPEG. I kid you not.

Oh, JPEG sale analysis.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #482 on: April 22, 2017, 06:59:11 AM »
Remember the new Star Citizen referrals (the latest scam) I wrote about yesterday? They are now buying/selling them https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #483 on: April 22, 2017, 08:55:47 AM »
Remember the new Star Citizen referrals (the latest scam) I wrote about yesterday? They are now buying/selling them https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/

So how are the people selling referrals making  making $ out of this ?

nightfire

« Reply #484 on: April 22, 2017, 09:40:52 AM »

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/is-our-memory-so-very-short/108780

Buried in the discussion, this guy eager to leave (@n13L5) seems to be completely unaware of current options and procedures to get a refund.

Maybe someone with a Spectrum account should shout out to him and provide some links?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #485 on: April 22, 2017, 12:41:24 PM »
More evidence mods on the sub-Reddit either paid by CIG or something. A 4K upvoted thread critical of CIG deleted. Now backers are wondering why. So far, no explanation whatsoever - not even by the mods.

UPDATE: It's back now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:43:33 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #486 on: April 22, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »
LOL!! This is why @wtfosaurus is blacklisted by CIG and treated like a Red-headed stepchild

https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusExuberantConsoleTF2John

StupidCitizen

« Reply #487 on: April 22, 2017, 03:57:04 PM »

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/is-our-memory-so-very-short/108780

Buried in the discussion, this guy eager to leave (@n13L5) seems to be completely unaware of current options and procedures to get a refund.

Maybe someone with a Spectrum account should shout out to him and provide some links?

And it's done, hope he decides to save himself some trouble and financial loss. (Censored for privacy reasons)

nightfire

« Reply #488 on: April 22, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
And it's done, hope he decides to save himself some trouble and financial loss. (Censored for privacy reasons)

Saving the 'Verse, one ship at a time!  :siren:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
Star Citizen, Aug 2013. FF to 33:44

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2017, 08:46:02 AM »

So how are the people selling referrals making  making $ out of this ?

Money laundering.

Here's the scam as I understand it:

1) Advertise that you will give X referrals for ~50% of the price of the accounts, i.e. 10 for $200.

2) Wait until someone sends you the cash. Now buy the accounts with their money plus a bit of your own. Use the person's referral code, they've got what they paid for.

3) You now own 10 accounts that you got at essentially half price. Sell them off at 70-80% normal price on the grey market, or convert to RSI cash and sell that off. This is where you begin to profit.

4) Extra scam step- refund your accounts.

nightfire

« Reply #491 on: April 23, 2017, 09:08:01 AM »
Star Citizen, Aug 2013. FF to 33:44

They called themselves out 2 years before you did!  :smugjones:

Meowz

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Ghostmaker

« Reply #494 on: April 23, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »
I'll just leave this here... https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/670yy2/i_was_trying_to_figure_out_why_the_defender/

Yeah, I actually have that in the missive I wrote on Friday.
I was looking at that.

Of the three issues, probably the least likely is the Banu image, assuming the Banu don't speak like Groot. There's a family resemblance but I wouldn't say they were the same.

Now, the Star Kitty and the Defender? Those look a BIT more derivative.

I remember hearing somewhere that CR does not have a strong sense of creativity -- that the Kilrathi in WC were -blatantly- modeled off the Kzinti, from Niven's Known Space. If so, this is just more of the same.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk