Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134652 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #510 on: April 29, 2017, 05:08:40 AM »
Quoting president Kennedy...
How will he top this hyperbole when he needs more money next year?

If he can be urging people to enjoy Star Marine now, CRoberts will be urging people to enjoy any other crap he puts out.   If we get a moon to wander around on that will be more than enough for some backers.

Sunk cost fallacy all the way.

As Derek has said, CRoberts continues to set himself up with an exit clause.

Flashwit

« Reply #511 on: April 29, 2017, 10:53:51 AM »
It's just so incredibly sad. This kind of comment seems par for the course.

They're preying on super fans that will pay anything, to their own detriment, to get their hands on anything Star Citizen. Being broke but spending money on videogame mousepads to fund our lord and savior Chris Roberts? No problem! It's so damn culty.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #512 on: April 29, 2017, 02:39:35 PM »
Barely 4 years ago this month, 04/22/2013 Chris Roberts: I can be more profitable than AAA games on a fifth of sales

Some of the crap they spent backer money on. Complete studios for the propaganda machine; when they should be building a freaking game.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:47:04 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #513 on: April 29, 2017, 02:54:24 PM »
Quoting president Kennedy...
How will he top this hyperbole when he needs more money next year?

If he can be urging people to enjoy Star Marine now, CRoberts will be urging people to enjoy any other crap he puts out.   If we get a moon to wander around on that will be more than enough for some backers.

Sunk cost fallacy all the way.

As Derek has said, CRoberts continues to set himself up with an exit clause.

The thing is that whales - back in 2015 when I gave them 90 days to shutdown based on what we were hearing - were determined to wear me out with the harassment, attacks, review bombing my games, creating a hate-sub on Reddit etc.

So they kept spending and propping up the game in order to "prove Derek Smart wrong" and maybe they thought I'd quit. Those clowns have no clue what OCD is.

So the more they kept spending to prop up this train-wreck, the more CIG disappointed them.

So now, seeing the funding drive, they're pretty much worn out their wallets because there isn't a single gamer on this planet who is going to take one look at this fucking train-wreck and say "yeah, amma go give them money".

They're fucked. I win.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:56:02 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #514 on: April 30, 2017, 05:44:22 AM »
There are plenty of people in the world to get enthralled by the glitzy videos and back in 2015 there were plenty of people already backing the game who have put their hands in their pockets to spend more including of course those Whales.

There have been so few critical articles in the press and plenty of positive spin youtubes etc to get in the way of most people getting to the truth if all they did was do some cursory searches around the project whilst deciding if they wanted to get involved.

Of course you also have the money laundering element and the opportunities that the early Grey Market offered to certain types of people to make a few $ in this already well established arena of selling virtual gaming goods.

On top of that the nature of the subject matter has drawn in a fairly prominent selection of people that appear to have professional careers in areas where they might appear to younger people as being somewhat knowledgeable about the technicalities of developing Star Citizen and they lend an extra layer of respectability in the eyes of many.

You would expect the fact that CR has brought in some well known celebs and the resurgence of Star Wars at the movies to have had a positive effect and the list goes on.

So this all adds up to more pledges and more time for CRoberts.  He can take it all as he likes as an ongoing endorsement of what he thinks he is doing and an opportunity to keep going whilst excusing the screw ups.  If he is willing to keep going to simply profit from it all himself he can certainly be doing that but he is going to hang on for dear life because when it blows up it is going to make a mess and he may not know where he and sandi can go next to maintain the lifestyle.

What we can be fairly sure of is that if more and more stories appear casting doubt on the project then the funding will slow down even more but he is still going to have some cards to play if he can roll out some features that at least look good or are  indicative of progress.

I dont see how Derek has been wrong in his analysis because what has been said is fundamentally true, well grounded in fact and otherwise well reasoned predictions.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #515 on: May 01, 2017, 06:55:21 AM »
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:21:47 AM by dsmart »

Ghostmaker

« Reply #516 on: May 01, 2017, 07:17:16 AM »
Anyone seen the recent writeups about the 'Fyre Festival'? What a dumpster fire.

I'm also seeing some parallels between the Fyre Festival and a certain game-in-development-since 2011...

:eng101:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #517 on: May 01, 2017, 07:26:36 AM »
Anyone seen the recent writeups about the 'Fyre Festival'? What a dumpster fire.

I'm also seeing some parallels between the Fyre Festival and a certain game-in-development-since 2011...

:eng101:

Yeah. I was following that all weekend. It's hilarious.

kaizerscythe

« Reply #518 on: May 01, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »
The similarity is very eerie thought, i have a goosebump reading it... i heard Fyre Media and Ja Rule were sued $100m, wonder how much CIG and CR will be sued when SC is going down :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #519 on: May 01, 2017, 09:29:37 AM »
The similarity is very eerie thought, i have a goosebump reading it... i heard Fyre Media and Ja Rule were sued $100m, wonder how much CIG and CR will be sued when SC is going down :D

Yeah, it's all over the news. And that's precisely what I predict will happen to Star Citizen. They're all getting sued.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #520 on: May 01, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »
Not gonna lie, I am totally enjoying this potential Star Citizen backer's restraint (says he's a Fed, so maybe trained in restraint)

Of course this happened.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #521 on: May 02, 2017, 05:57:42 AM »
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:22:27 AM by dsmart »

StanTheMan

« Reply #522 on: May 02, 2017, 06:46:33 PM »
Well put arguments.

StanTheMan

« Reply #523 on: May 03, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »
Check out the revolting reddit post from Larnick  :lesnick:

Ben's answer regarding your referral program feedback

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6923ug/bens_answer_regarding_your_referal_program/

It makes me want to puke .....

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #524 on: May 04, 2017, 08:02:23 AM »
Check out the revolting reddit post from Larnick  :lesnick:

Ben's answer regarding your referral program feedback

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6923ug/bens_answer_regarding_your_referal_program/

It makes me want to puke .....

Yeah, I have been following that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:22:49 AM by dsmart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk