Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134420 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #555 on: June 08, 2017, 06:17:59 AM »
Ah yeah, the dawn of the new Jesus Patch is upon us. I remember when it was 2.0, then it was 2.5. Now it's 3.0.

DAE feel like prospective backers should wait for 3.0. the current alpha is frustrating. honest opinions.

The replies he gets are hilarious.

He needs to be told that getting a refund is his best way to get his message over to CIG.     

He is actually helping them to develop a better product by doing so rather than letting the side down.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:20:50 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #556 on: June 08, 2017, 02:10:06 PM »
Ah yeah, the dawn of the new Jesus Patch is upon us. I remember when it was 2.0, then it was 2.5. Now it's 3.0.

DAE feel like prospective backers should wait for 3.0. the current alpha is frustrating. honest opinions.

The replies he gets are hilarious.

He needs to be told that getting a refund is his best way to get his message over to CIG.     

He is actually helping them to develop a better product by doing so rather than letting the side down.

Yeah. That's why I share these threads. They're hilarious.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Phraccy

« Reply #557 on: June 09, 2017, 03:23:07 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #559 on: June 20, 2017, 04:23:51 AM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/876917332253257734

I had reported on the schedule before, when they claimed that neither title was releasing in 2017. Apparently the quest for GamesCom is going to see more stuff being cut (aka TBD) in order to meet that fundraising event. It's 2016 again. The schedule from 06/16, which I wrote about, already has some hints about this.

Also, Sean Noonan has left. Erin must be gearing up for another pay rise this year.

The game is finished now. So they don't need level creators. I am going to reach out to my sources to see who else is left. At least they're allowing dirty leavers to say they've left now. The end must be near.

ps: Star Marine only has two maps. Two maps. That's it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:42:25 AM by dsmart »

Darklegend1

« Reply #560 on: June 20, 2017, 11:17:37 AM »

ps: Star Marine only has two maps. Two maps. That's it.
:D atleast because of that they have 2 digit max players on each map...if they had more maps the players will be like 1 digit.. :laugh:

i saw a guy live streaming star marine ..I was making other people on stream aware of the scam SC is , then i realised there were no enemy in that deathmatch(or whatever they call it) and i just wasnt able to stop my laughter. Thats Star Marine , no one plays that shit
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 11:27:07 AM by Darklegend1 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

mixalot

« Reply #562 on: June 21, 2017, 01:32:05 PM »
The excuses for the upcoming 3.0 failure are already pouring in, and those backers who are somewhat non-oblivious are trying to clear the beach before the tsunami hits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6if9rh/30_and_expectations/

Now that it's time to deliver, CIG is screwed. They have no game and their project is still in R&D 5+ years later. A lot of people are waking up to that now, and CIG can't keep trying to hide the fact with flashy artwork concepts and heavily-scripted tech demos. Well, I take that back. They WILL try to hide it when they release 3.0 alongside some tech demos showing what will come in the future 3.x releases to try and soften the blow.

At this point, I honestly wonder how Roberts sleeps at night. He's so full of shit that no one takes his word serious anymore. No one trusts his stated deadlines, his promises, or his vision. He's a con man who used his rep from the 90s to promise outlandish things to people that anyone with common sense knows he can't deliver. How is this not criminal?

Narrenbart

« Reply #563 on: June 21, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »
The excuses for the upcoming 3.0 failure are already pouring in, and those backers who are somewhat non-oblivious are trying to clear the beach before the tsunami hits.

Now that it's time to deliver, CIG is screwed. They have no game and their project is still in R&D 5+ years later. A lot of people are waking up to that now, and CIG can't keep trying to hide the fact with flashy artwork concepts and heavily-scripted tech demos. Well, I take that back. They WILL try to hide it when they release 3.0 alongside some tech demos showing what will come in the future 3.x releases to try and soften the blow.

At this point, I honestly wonder how Roberts sleeps at night. He's so full of shit that no one takes his word serious anymore. No one trusts his stated deadlines, his promises, or his vision. He's a con man who used his rep from the 90s to promise outlandish things to people that anyone with common sense knows he can't deliver. How is this not criminal?
There will be a big static PBR Skinned Moon Mesh with it's own gravitation logic that's it ---- it won't orbit (I would be surprised if they let it orbit around anything) - Nothing special that we couldn't see in Mario Galaxy on the Wii (except Nintendo did all gravitational stuff excellent).

I still wonder why these guys talk about $150mil+ the founding tracker is an illusion, it is so against all odds to have people spend constant 30k+ per day without any drops anytime for years regardless of good news, bad news or no news on this delayed bug ridden goat simulator.

StanTheMan

« Reply #564 on: June 21, 2017, 05:25:26 PM »

From the reddit..

" It's going to be like going in dry without a pillow to bite."  :glomp:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #565 on: June 22, 2017, 06:34:02 AM »

Yeah, we've been keeping an eye on those. I think with the 06/16 schedule update, they started coming to the realization that 3.0 wasn't going to be what CIG have claimed it to be. There have been several threads and discussions with the hardcore backers starting to temper expectations.

Some are looking forward to the next Jesus Patch ----> 4.0.

It's hilarious to me that even after it came to light that Chris blatantly LIED back in Aug and Oct 2016, that anyone believes this game is ever coming out. Even after they stripped 3.0 of everything that was promised back during 2016.

I firmly believe that they're going to keep cutting and deferring stuff, then release "something" called 3.0. Just in time for GamesCom. And probably SQ42 trailer in time for CitizenCon.

Either way, if the blatant Father's Day sale ripoff which fell flat is any indication, they've already tapped out even the existing whales.

There will be a big static PBR Skinned Moon Mesh with it's own gravitation logic that's it ---- it won't orbit (I would be surprised if they let it orbit around anything) - Nothing special that we couldn't see in Mario Galaxy on the Wii (except Nintendo did all gravitational stuff excellent).

I still wonder why these guys talk about $150mil+ the founding tracker is an illusion, it is so against all odds to have people spend constant 30k+ per day without any drops anytime for years regardless of good news, bad news or no news on this delayed bug ridden goat simulator.

Backers already stopped looking forward to the procedural generate planets with atmosphere. Now they're just hoping they get a moon. Just like Elite Dangerous.

From the reddit..

" It's going to be like going in dry without a pillow to bite."  :glomp:

I can't wait for 3.0 to drop. It's going to be glorious. But don't worry though, they have an excuse: 6 years + $151m later, it's still pre-Alpha.  :laugh:

Ghostmaker

« Reply #566 on: June 22, 2017, 07:07:42 AM »
I've commented before on playing Empyrion: Galactic Survival (hey, everyone's got their favorite SPAAAAACE games). After our Gracious Host's remark about dev time and budget, I took a quick google walk to see if that info was posted for E:GS. Just for comparative analysis.

Well, I didn't find it, but I did run across something amusing: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/55pyux/empyrion_galactic_survival_a_low_budget_watered/

This was posted eight months ago. Watered down my ass, I'd say E:GS is further ahead on the curve than SC is.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #567 on: June 22, 2017, 07:23:08 AM »
LOL!! Read this effort post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6he8l7/one_year_ago_ugentlemanj_posted_a_time_capsule/dj7pk5y/

preview:

You talk and promote a lot of things that so far only seem to exist in prerendered videos, truck stops, planetary structures etc, didn't they show a bunch of those nearly a year ago during that presentation, all neatly running fine and smoothly, yet there is no sign of that on backers computers at the moment, why could they get it working for marketting but not for customers I wonder?

There is a very good reason why most games do not attempt to put as much in as Star Citizen, it's down to monetary and time cost of development, not to mention technical barriers and the limits of what can be sent over the web, Star Citizen if it ever got created would be completely unplayable over the internet without cutting a massive amount of detail and content from the scenario (universe), there is absolutely no way of refining and streamlining it in order to make it work, unless CIG have suddenly found ways to break the laws of physics and make the major internet hubs 200x faster overall.

High fidelity graphics are easily the least important item or feature in any game, I have no idea why some of you guys try to sell it on it's looks. If the game iteself is poorly designed, poorly delivered, poorly made, then all the graphical fidelity in the world will not help it one jot. Again, it's embarrasing to see a company selling it's as yet unmade product on it's looks, and imho, the graphics may be detailed, but they are dishwater bland and unimaginative. All frilly skirt and no knickers. Other games that favored graphical fidelity over actual well designed content all met with failure, remember Rise of the Robots? Yeah, that one was all state of the art graphical design too and awful to play.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #568 on: June 22, 2017, 08:24:46 AM »
High fidelity graphics are easily the least important item or feature in any game, I have no idea why some of you guys try to sell it on it's looks.
Boom goes the dynamite.

The hard fact is that there's really no further to go with graphics, IMO. Add a few more polygons, improve mocap tech and facial animations (looking at you, ME: Andromeda), but at this point flashy bits aren't going to carry your game on their own.

There's a reason why 'retro' games with good plots and gameplay still do so well.

Narrenbart

« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2017, 08:40:35 AM »
High fidelity graphics are easily the least important item or feature in any game, I have no idea why some of you guys try to sell it on it's looks.
Boom goes the dynamite.

The hard fact is that there's really no further to go with graphics, IMO. Add a few more polygons, improve mocap tech and facial animations (looking at you, ME: Andromeda), but at this point flashy bits aren't going to carry your game on their own.

There's a reason why 'retro' games with good plots and gameplay still do so well.
Have an Idea > Do a concept > Find the fun > whitebox it > Find the fun > whitebox it > Find the fun > whitebox it > Add the found fun gameplay > now its time for graphics (here we are in alpha).
If you do it the other way round you will have to redo all graphics stuff over and over because it may not support you gameplay.

How can you design a planet when you don't know what the player should be able to do there > does the player have a grapple hook? are there vehicles that need a specific max slope? are there cities on the planet? how do you protect the cities? this and 1000s of other things that affect gameplay need to be taken in consideration when you level design a good Planet Level ... well or you can just procedurally shit it out and have it either bland as hell or frustrating.
(Same goes for every asset like ... the ship hulls ... I guess they will rework them a couple of times more ... every single one)

I use the Unity engine, and for terrain generation we could either use procedural or stamps ... I prefer stamps (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/42618) because you can built the terrain for your gameplay not the other way round.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk