Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1190279 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #945 on: August 30, 2017, 12:05:21 PM »
So, I was thinking. Gamescom 2017 was a disaster. SQ42 is totally MIA so probably not much to show for at Shitizen Con too. Desperate attempt to pull off a 3.0 release because they have to show something there. Even worse things than GC17 happens. No succesfull sales afterwards, Christmas sale goes up in smoke too. Even without exactly knowing how they financially stand at the moment, I'm guessing it's a pretty safe bet to say CIG won't make it into 2019? Any thoughts on that prediction?

FredBloggs

« Reply #946 on: August 30, 2017, 12:07:48 PM »
So, I was thinking. Gamescom 2017 was a disaster. SQ42 is totally MIA so probably not much to show for at Shitizen Con too. Desperate attempt to pull off a 3.0 release because they have to show something there. Even worse things than GC17 happens. No succesfull sales afterwards, Christmas sale goes up in smoke too. Even without exactly knowing how they financially stand at the moment, I'm guessing it's a pretty safe bet to say CIG won't make it into 2019? Any thoughts on that prediction?

I think they got until about June-July next year 2018 is my estimation.

My reasoning: I think they will be running on fumes after Christmas. I expect the first sign to be layoffs of junior staff.

Also, where is the massive thing that Derek was saying was coming but he couldn't release yet? Is that to come or have I missed it?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:21:12 PM by FredBloggs »

N0mad

« Reply #947 on: August 30, 2017, 12:29:45 PM »

I suspect it all depends on a 3.0 release before CitizenCon. If 3.0 is still MIA by then I'd imagine that the whales will be reluctant to put extra cash in - although they probably will anyway if they can pull off a fake mock up vertical slice of Squadron 42.

Fun times !

Motto

« Reply #948 on: August 30, 2017, 01:23:21 PM »
It pretty obvious 3.0 is in no state to be released shortly. The minimum 4 - 6 months estimate even seems on the positive side. And they can't release a crappy 3,0 after witholding it for months and months "for polishing". So the 3.0 that does got out needs to be in pretty good shape to sell the "polishing" convincingly. If they indeed haven't done a thing on SQ42, they better start hurrying with a demo - vertical slice obviously will never happen - for Shitizen Con. It better be a better demo than they showed at Gamescom. The downfall might be nearer upon us then we thought. One can only hope. It would be nice to see it crash before the year is over.

I'm also wondering what will happen on the SC reddit when CIG crashes. Will they all be there weaping and pondering where it went wrong and how unfair Chris has been targeted all along? Or will they admit that Derek was right and start discussing how they could have been so blind?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:29:21 PM by Motto »

Greggy_D

« Reply #949 on: August 30, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »

I'm also wondering what will happen on the SC reddit when CIG crashes. Will they all be there weaping and pondering where it went wrong and how unfair Chris has been targeted all along? Or will they admit that Derek was right and start discussing how they could have been so blind?

Nope.  Every single one of them will deflect and squarely put the blame on the all-powerful Derek Smart.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #950 on: August 30, 2017, 02:45:38 PM »
So a new cultist theory emerges. The people here and elsewhere are all mindless drones who do the bidding of our master Derek Smart. Amazing. Certainly nobody here was a "citizen" was bored to tears and eventually developed a seriously bad taste in our mouths when we were told we were not entitled to refunds (under the original TOS) Everyone learned otherwise. So haters and goons are mere puppets lacking free will. Amazing thought, coming from a cultist.

Yeah. They've been particularly triggered since my GC2017 write-up.  :laugh:

If only they knew even 10% of what I know about the unfolding Star Citizen disaster, they'd be walking off cliffs.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #951 on: August 30, 2017, 02:47:12 PM »
moved

Hi Mr Smart,

I've recently posted on a PCGamer article which I am sure you are aware of, because you too got involved in the comments section. You are probably aware of the reddit thread on https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6wl4zu/pcgamer_comments_derek_apparently_forgets_to_log/.

This is all completely false. I am not you.

No matter what I do, the major SC Whiteknighters and trolls aka MrFlappyWilly believe I am you.

This guy gets away with murder, even though hes witchhunting, trolling and going completely against PC Gamer's rules. And yet, does he get a ban? No. But I have.

PC Gamer are just SCHILLS paid for by CIG, the bastards. I hope I did not cause you any angst or problems trying to show up what schills PC Gamer are and their CIG cronies.

As per my post above, I was trying to locate your Disqus account to quote it, but I couldn't. Now I know why, if you were banned.

Those guys see me in everybody. And yes, PC Gamer have been Star Citizen shills for some time now, and they simply cannot be trusted, as "media", to be impartial. But the mods are probably Star Citizen fans/backers, since they are volunteers. So that's what tends to happen. Just like over on MMORPG and similar forums. It's like having KKK and White Supremacists in the police force, army, govt. etc. Eventually they will use their biases against people.

Yeah PC Gamer are in general (on all games) pretty much schills. They even push their own agendas trying to sell shit from bundlestars and other hardware that they've clearly been paid off to promote. For a long time I take everything they do from reviews to news articles with a massive pinch of salt.

Once again, sorry if it added to your workload :D

I also really miss your posting on Frontier developments Star Citizen thread. I'm guessing you've been banned from there too. Their mods there are pretty draconian too.

Update: I tried to explain this situation on the Frontier thread, because the PC Gamer article was referred to. That post has now been removed and I received an infraction because it was apparently "offtopic" even though it was about PC Gamer article... draconian. I've been banned for 14 days before for minor things too.... more moderator Nazis.

The issue with FDev is that they really don't want the Star Citizen discussions over there. That's the ONLY reason why they're so heavy handed and issue infractions, bans etc in that particular sub. I got like three 14-day bans for simple things. I haven't logged back in since the last time. I just read the latest posts and leave.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #952 on: August 30, 2017, 02:49:10 PM »
I think they got until about June-July next year 2018 is my estimation.

My reasoning: I think they will be running on fumes after Christmas. I expect the first sign to be layoffs of junior staff.

There is no way they continue to Summer 2018 without major cuts.

Also, where is the massive thing that Derek was saying was coming but he couldn't release yet? Is that to come or have I missed it?

Oh it's coming. I just can't talk about it because I value my sources and tend not to share anything they tell me not to.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #953 on: August 30, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »
It pretty obvious 3.0 is in no state to be released shortly. The minimum 4 - 6 months estimate even seems on the positive side. And they can't release a crappy 3,0 after witholding it for months and months "for polishing". So the 3.0 that does got out needs to be in pretty good shape to sell the "polishing" convincingly. If they indeed haven't done a thing on SQ42, they better start hurrying with a demo - vertical slice obviously will never happen - for Shitizen Con. It better be a better demo than they showed at Gamescom. The downfall might be nearer upon us then we thought. One can only hope. It would be nice to see it crash before the year is over.

They will continue to attack me as always, while deflecting the blame on me. Remember, the worse thing for those ass-clowns is not that Chris Roberts failed, it's that Derek Smart was right. It's the thing that completely rips out their hearts. It's as if a Leprechaun ripped your head off, and pissed down your throat.

StanTheMan

« Reply #954 on: August 30, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »
Ummm. It's not about Derek.
Nobody is trying to get their money back from Derek.
Derek has not made an ass of himself streaming live around the world showing off his $157 Million dollar failure.
Derek does not need to prove his credibility because he has not taken countless Millions of backers money and pissed it away like a drunken sailor on a half baked dream that will never work.
I think there is a separate area to discus Derek's games, this is the Star Citizen discussion forum.
Derek has not been caught tripping on his own lies repeatedly.

You cultists always come to the anti cult page trying to make the weak appear to be the strong, the wrong to be the right. You have one problem, this project is an abysmal failure. There was nothing they could show that worked well, nothing to indicate that the last years efforts of 400 employees was well spent, well directed and managed and that the backers actually have something worthwhile to use and gauge the project's progress by. If this was a Saturn moon launch it would have resulted in Gus Grissoms death.

Please show us something in that presentation where we can look and be blown away by the BDSSE.
Something, anything?
You cannot. Why. This project was led by an inept buffoon who talked a good game but was in way over his pointy head.
The chickens are coming home to roost. You seem to think that you are scoring some sort of victory here.

I was watching the Goons You Tube video and almost pissed myself because it was just that bad.

Is your game so boring and lacking in content that you would rather spend time here? You know, you don't need to keep your money tied up in the game and you could still try arguing for Roberts, it does not cost anything to be wrong and publicly admit it.

Exactly !

StanTheMan

« Reply #955 on: August 30, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
If they indeed haven't done a thing on SQ42, they better start hurrying with a demo - vertical slice obviously will never happen - for Shitizen Con. It better be a better demo than they showed at Gamescom. The downfall might be nearer upon us then we thought. One can only hope. It would be nice to see it crash before the year is over.

I reckon they could just release some audio from all the work they did with Hamill and Oldman etc.

That will have a lot of Backers rushing for relief in the toilets and darker areas of the auditorium where the likes of BatGirl no doubt like to lurk.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:11:20 PM by StanTheMan »

mezla1058

« Reply #956 on: August 30, 2017, 08:04:52 PM »
Now they are ripping gullible Oz shitizens off as well:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/australia-tax-sale

Everything about that is a fucking lie. GST changes in Oz been postponed until July 2018.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #957 on: August 30, 2017, 08:09:49 PM »
Stan. Bat-girl. Do they know which part of her name is true and which part  is false?

I bet these backers couldn't care less about Batgirl's carrying around a bat in her undies.

They probably are just are so oblivious that they wouldn't know the difference.. F*cking scary.

Serendipity

« Reply #958 on: August 31, 2017, 01:24:12 AM »
Ummm. It's not about Derek.
Nobody is trying to get their money back from Derek.
Derek has not made an ass of himself streaming live around the world showing off his $157 Million dollar failure.
Derek does not need to prove his credibility because he has not taken countless Millions of backers money and pissed it away like a drunken sailor on a half baked dream that will never work.
I think there is a separate area to discus Derek's games, this is the Star Citizen discussion forum.
Derek has not been caught tripping on his own lies repeatedly.

You cultists always come to the anti cult page trying to make the weak appear to be the strong, the wrong to be the right. You have one problem, this project is an abysmal failure. There was nothing they could show that worked well, nothing to indicate that the last years efforts of 400 employees was well spent, well directed and managed and that the backers actually have something worthwhile to use and gauge the project's progress by. If this was a Saturn moon launch it would have resulted in Gus Grissoms death.

Please show us something in that presentation where we can look and be blown away by the BDSSE.
Something, anything?
You cannot. Why. This project was led by an inept buffoon who talked a good game but was in way over his pointy head.
The chickens are coming home to roost. You seem to think that you are scoring some sort of victory here.

I was watching the Goons You Tube video and almost pissed myself because it was just that bad.

Is your game so boring and lacking in content that you would rather spend time here? You know, you don't need to keep your money tied up in the game and you could still try arguing for Roberts, it does not cost anything to be wrong and publicly admit it.

Hello, a lot of my points are about Derek because I believe he makes stuff up all the time. I believe he's unhealthily obsessed with SC and spends far too long writing about it online.

You all here in Derek's little cult, (you got your smarties badge yet?), seem to know the future of the project and have no doubt about it's collapse. I like to challenge absolute thinking because life isn't like that. Game might fail. Game might not. Derek might be proved right in the end. Derek might not. Only time will tell. Chris might have wasted all the money and CIG be about to collapse. Chris might not.

Considering Derek first shouted they were out of money 2 years ago I think it's prudent and wise to question his continuing cry that they're out of money...still...again...not sure which word to use there, sorry.

I'm calling bullshit on that claim. Time will tell. Time has already told of course, he was wrong the first time he said it, evidenced by them still being here, he was wrong the second third and fourth time he said it too. Same reason.

This early alpha isn't the best anything. I'm not a cultist. I come here when sat having a shit or during quiet times in work for some amusement at all your absolutes and prophecies. I haven't even played the game in around a year. I barely had time to watch the presentation as life is busy and a video game is just a video game.

When 3.0 becomes available I'll get in game, play around, update Anna for VoiceAttack users and probably barely play again for a while. I'm waiting for much more game before committing more time to it. Life is busy.

The F+VoIP was pretty cool though. Imm Errrr Shun.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #959 on: August 31, 2017, 01:55:34 AM »
Wait and see. That's fine.
I have seen the beginnings of Roberts only giving partial refunds. I suppose if you are in for the minimums you won't lose very much. I understand not playing for a long while. there isn't much to do. It get really old pretty quickly. That's one of the reasons I got a refund. I couldn't see tying up money in this and getting no benefit at all since I stopped playing it.

There was a lot more to it but it irritated me to look at an Icon on my desktop knowing it was worthless to me. I think Derek has been right far more than wrong, aside from that the fact that they have not yet collapsed does not mean that they are not running on fumes operating on a hand to mouth level. This is entirely possible and would give a good reason for Roberts to push for a small loans. He needed the money to float him through since the budget is tight. But who knows.

I mean the financial transparency that was promised to me when I joined was unilaterally taken in several steps while CIG was attempting to take away refunds. Had we still been operating under the agreement I signed up under we would have access to the balance sheet, and would be able to put this discussion to rest. For some reason Roberts pulled the sheets out from under the backers in regards to the promised transparency and many other things. Inquiring minds want to know, why would our benevolent leader suddenly renig on our agreement and hide the bologna? Why hide the books from his partners, he said we were the publishers, we ought to have access.

So deceptive business practices aside, the ever shrinking star systems, The missed delivery date, just don't bother with a schedule anymore It's a joke, Roberts getting caught up in his web of lies, the minimal viable product that players will receive ( many still believe he will deliver the complete game as originally pitched at 60 + million , guess they didn't get the email), the secretive loans, the hiring of people who had in the past been involved with operating a company  that  bilked 700 million from investors. It's all good. Everything I have said is factual, not unverified. But waiting is good if you are a minimal backer since we are already seeing that CIG is beginning to only give partial refunds, I wonder why? It's got nothing to do with money I'm sure.

I detest scam artists and habitual liars. I think I am on the right side on this one. Time WILL tell.

That facial tracking was horrid, only good for laughs and for Roberts to once again claim the delay is due to implementing this new feature. Same story different year. This is becoming all too predictable. What was with the staggering drunken walking then running? Honey the ship ate my rover! Whoops this wasn't open play it was all scripted just like last year, but much worse.
Good luck to you.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 02:06:50 AM by Spunky Munkee »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk