Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1135462 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1110 on: September 06, 2017, 09:07:35 AM »
CIG made 64 bit positional space a thing in Cryengine. Derek said they hadn't. He was wrong. He blabbed about stitching 32 bit positional scenes together to appear as a 64 bit space. I asked a CIG dev about it and it was confirmed to me that I was right and Derek was wrong. Real, seamless, huge cryengine maps, millions of kilometres across.

Once again you demonstrate your ignorance, littered with bullshit and fabrication, the staple of /r/ds

Since my first 2015 post about it, this is ALL (1, 2) what I said about 64-Bit positioning. And yes, their world is stitched*. This has been proven to be 100% the case already. And moreso will be if/when 3.0 is ever released.

No matter how many times you guys repeat it, that notion is never going to be true.

*That's how they were able to come to GC2017 with a pared down game "world" based on levels btw.

I saw Derek saying that seamless transitions from space to planet with good visual standards throughout was 'decades away' and then 3 games come along, at about the same time less than half a year later, proving him wrong.

Please cite where I made any such claim.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:09:15 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1111 on: September 06, 2017, 09:17:25 AM »
So, in this topic somebody finally used "Libel" as a threat to me for constantly accusing Chris of running a scam. I said that I wholeheartedly would accept that charge so Chris has to disclose his financials. I mentioned that Derek would accept that charge too. If I'm wrong there, just let me know so I can edit my statement  :smuggo:

Yes, I will gladly accept and welcome that lawsuit. It's not like I haven't been trying to get them to sue me.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1112 on: September 06, 2017, 10:35:11 AM »
Think of it as the white dwarf after the coming supernova.

Now be careful with these kind of scientific quotes. Serenstupidity will be all over your ass if you get them wrong  :cop:

Serendipity

« Reply #1113 on: September 06, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »
So you ask for proof, I supply it and then it gets deleted?

Fucking lol.

Sad. As. Fuck.

Serendipity

« Reply #1114 on: September 06, 2017, 12:15:08 PM »

I saw Derek saying that seamless transitions from space to planet with good visual standards throughout was 'decades away' and then 3 games come along, at about the same time less than half a year later, proving him wrong.

Ok.
https://imgur.com/Xytke68

helimoth

« Reply #1115 on: September 06, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »

Ok.

i can't even find that discussion thread. looks to me like you just edited the html file to suit your purposes. anybody can do that.

helimoth

« Reply #1116 on: September 06, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »

Interesting stuff, chris.

Motto

« Reply #1117 on: September 06, 2017, 01:26:39 PM »
Despite my feelings about Serenstupidity, I do not think him the type that goes on editing things just to prove his point. Don't know what his comment about a deletion was either, but Derek isn't the one for quick moderation of dissenting things too.

Exitramp

« Reply #1118 on: September 06, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
CIG made 64 bit positional space a thing in Cryengine. Derek said they hadn't. He was wrong. He blabbed about stitching 32 bit positional scenes together to appear as a 64 bit space. I asked a CIG dev about it and it was confirmed to me that I was right and Derek was wrong. Real, seamless, huge cryengine maps, millions of kilometres across.

Just to remind ourselves, this is a game you (apparently) haven't played in a year and barely have time to watch the updates for. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky then you have managed to scrape together space in your schedule to make more than 40 posts to Derek's forum in a single week and also have developer level contacts within CIG with which to provide us with information.

Serendipity: still full of shit.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:34:17 PM by Exitramp »

Serendipity

« Reply #1119 on: September 06, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »

Just to remind ourselves, this is a game you (apparently) haven't played in a year and barely have time to watch the updates for. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky then you have managed to scrape together space in your schedule to make more than 40 posts to Derek's forum in a single week and also have developer level contacts within CIG with which to provide us with information.

Serendipity: still full of shit.

I don't have developer level contacts but the forums allowed messages to go to anyone. I asked someone who works for CIG a few things.

I post on forums whilst bored at work or other times when there's not much going on. I haven't downloaded the last patch still because I've recently moved to a lovely new house where I'm enjoying life with my wife and bringing up my daughter the best I can. Doesn't leave much room for video games right now.

Serendipity: not full of shit.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1120 on: September 06, 2017, 03:54:36 PM »
Nah mate, just bored in work and fancied stirring the nest with some optimism. I mean, since I first encountered Derek's crusade I've asked myself if he's right about it being impossible and done via smoke and mirrors and all the other 'Sandi isn't nice' stuff that is completely irrelevant to if a space game gets made and I keep on deciding he's full of it.

Again, proven to be full of it. Then we get the famous multi tweet rant about 60 to 90 days guaranteed. Proven wrong. Multiple high level staff walking out. Wrong. Imminent collapse for the last two years...wrong. There were many more.

I saw a pattern.

Looking forward to 3.0. Gonna be good.

You could be right about all that and still Derek would be right that this game is NEVER getting made.

Croberts should be capable of spending $150 plus mil and get some stuff right.

The problem is you don't have the brains or the experience to understand that that isnt going to help him deliver everything else he has promised that is FAR MORE MUNDANE and BASIC but ESSENTIAL.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1121 on: September 06, 2017, 05:05:10 PM »
So you ask for proof, I supply it and then it gets deleted?

Fucking lol.

Sad. As. Fuck.

No. You were trolling, rude, condescending. All the things you were warned about before. And I didn't delete it actually. There are other mods you know.

We already told you that if you don't stick to the rules, we're just going to delete your posts. And if you continue, you will just keep getting temp bans.

Want to learn how to respond to a topic you disagree with? Read this.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1122 on: September 06, 2017, 05:53:23 PM »

Ok.

You aren't even trying anymore. Here, let's see...

This is what you claimed that I stated:

My response to that:

Then you come back with this crap:

Right. First, it's clear that what you cited isn't what I stated. And context matters.

1) That guy's comment had nothing to do with visuals. You embellished it. He said

"Can a player fly off the planet surface and go into space without any transitions or is there some sort of cut scene and consolidated entry point into the planet surface mode of play. I'd be interested to know."

2) My two follow up comments were all related to Line Of Defense because unlike my previous Battlecruiser/Universal Combat games, it is designed differently, uses a different engine, and the concept of scene/levels so that we can control the client count, as well as keep the performance up, so that the game is playable with target client numbers and system requirements. You know, all the stuff that experienced developers do from the start, instead of leaving it for later.

3) Then he said:

"dsmart, I haven't seen a game to date that has the feature I'm looking for. I look for this whenever I see this type of game emerging in the market"

4) My third and final response was on point.

"That sort of feature is decades away. Even Star Citizen with $75M in funding, can't pull that off for the same reasons"

Since your comprehension skills are sorely lacking, and you guys on /r/ds just throw stuff out to see what sticks, and lie all the time, the breakdown of the conversion, which is clear to anyone with a brain is:

Without procedural world generation, you can't have an entire game world with seamless space<->planetary transitions, without making compromise either by clever pre-loading or stitching. And BOTH of those solutions, have various compromises which have to be made.

There are currently NO space/planetary combat games on the market that don't use some level of compromise in order to achieve the aforementioned result if they don't have some form of procedural generation. i.e. no pre-built "scene/levels"

Only No Man's Sky, which is fully procedural, is current gen game that does have it. And it was already known to have it by the time stamps of that discussion in Mar 2015 (you guys sniped that in Dec 2015).

- Elite Dangerous doesn't have it

- Dual Universe doesn't have it

- Battlescape Infinity doesn't have it

- Battlecruiser and Universal Combat titles have it because they have no concept of "scenes/levels", as the world is procedurally generated from raw data files. I use an external camera view in order to show the atmospheric burn up effect when transitioning between space<->planet, as there is no other way to show it. I also take that opportunity to generate the planetary terrain data (from the seed) so that there is no loading hiccup during the transition; and thus no need for a loading screen (like in Line Of Defense).

You can download the UCCE30 modding tools right now, look in \GBS\SCRIPTS\WORLD.SCR and see the data seed used to generate the entire BC/UC game universe at runtime. No scenes. No levels.

And there are two videos that show exactly what I'm talking about. They're live actual gameplay, not R&D bullshit.

Not a valid vimeo URL
And in yet another display of blatant dishonesty, you - like your friends - took a snapshot of one part of a FOUR PAGE discussion which completely loses the context.

And yes, I've had this discussion before, complete with technical discussions:

And wait for it...

Yes, you and me (well, your ConfusedMonkey alt) had this same discussion on 11/24/2016 and again on 11/25/2016.

How do I remember? Because you never have any new material. You epitomize the very definition of madness because you keep repeating the same things, expecting a different result, even though you keep being proven time and time to be CLUELESS and WRONG. Which isn't surprising, considering the company you keep.

As soon as you guys come to the realization that you simply stand NO chance in hell of EVER beating me - at anything - the better your lives will be better I think. And just wait, with the impending collapse of this project in full swing, we're all just waiting to see what new narrative you guys come up with after that.

Get a grip.

ps: Then, just in the last page, you go and confirmed precisely what I was claiming. In case you were confused, when an artist/dev uses "authored" and "scene|level" in describing a game world, it means "level editor" and "handcrafted' scenes/levels. And if you're handcrafting it, then it automatically means scene/level "loading" as you can't possibly author a massive contiguous seamless game world in an editor. You just can't. Hence the need for procedural generation and/or level stitching.

It's hilarious to me that a dev working at a developer that has never shipped a game, somehow thinks I'm not being imaginative.  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:15:12 PM by dsmart »

Moeis

« Reply #1123 on: September 06, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »

Ok.

i can't even find that discussion thread. looks to me like you just edited the html file to suit your purposes. anybody can do that.

You can find the thread right here.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/610575007208466747/

Aya Reiko

« Reply #1124 on: September 06, 2017, 11:21:58 PM »

Ok.

You can find the thread right here.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/266620/discussions/0/610575007208466747/
So this shithead ran his mouth and used things out of context to prove his "point". 

Mods, if you don't mind, send this idiot back to the pits of Abaddon.  He clearly has no business being here.  (Other than to provide the entertainment of watching a Shitizen losing his shit when CiG inevitably implodes.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk