Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1136273 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1140 on: September 08, 2017, 12:25:37 AM »
From the latest episode of BurnUp: the best fit line is going up !!!   :laugh:  It's a buggy mess, no way they release before CitizenCon.

:siren:    Derek Smart was right      :siren:                                                      :siren:    Derek Smart was right      :siren:                                                      :siren:    Derek Smart was right      :siren: 

Motto

« Reply #1141 on: September 08, 2017, 03:18:20 AM »

Even if they were - and we all know you're just trying to push some buttons again - if this is the real big one that'll break CIG, it'll mean all the other proclamations were true as well. You see, Derek is right and it's just a matter of time before you will have to admit to that fact too. You're just one of those people who can't believe the boy with the good eyes who's constantly spotting the dangerous animal hidden in the bushes. You only see it when it's out in the open field running towards you trying to get you.

With you citing Aesop you are trying to imply that Derek has been warning for the crash of CIG so often now, that people just won't believe him anymore. Too many false warnings will drown out the true one. The thing is, in this story it's basically the other way around. Almost nobody believed Derek the first time around. With every proclamation, the number of people actually accepting that Derek has a much better vision than most of us, grew. What now remains is the group of people who are almost looking right into the open mouth of the animal but still refuse to acknowlegde there's a beast out there. Those who believed Derek earlier are standing at a safe distance just waiting to see the spectacle when the animal starts biting and having a bloody feast.

What's even funnier, is this: the definition of boy cried wolf is: The Boy Who Cried Wolf is one of Aesop's Fables, numbered 210 in the Perry Index.[1] From it is derived the English idiom "to cry wolf", defined as "to give a false alarm" in Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable[2] and glossed by the Oxford English Dictionary as meaning to make false claims, with the result that subsequent true claims are disbelieved.[3]

So, by quoting Aesop, you are actually stating that there is a true warning that will get lost. Which doesn't change the fact that that warning was true. So basically, you are admitting that Derek is right.

Oh, did you know, wolfs aren't a danger to men. Men are a danger to wolfs... that's another thing wrong with Aesop.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:31:04 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1142 on: September 08, 2017, 08:32:28 AM »

If you don't have anything to add that's not trolling, insulting, a personal attack etc, don't post. Enjoy your 5 day ban. Please use it to ponder on your life's choices.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1143 on: September 08, 2017, 09:07:38 AM »
I really was aiming for another  :five: :five: :five: there. I thought it a very good rebuttal...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1144 on: September 08, 2017, 09:08:32 AM »
I really was aiming for another  :five: :five: :five: there. I thought it a very good rebuttal...

Those custom emojis don't work in Tapatalk :D

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1145 on: September 08, 2017, 09:15:55 AM »

Motto

« Reply #1146 on: September 08, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »
Those custom emojis don't work in Tapatalk :D

Oh. I'll wait until you're behind a real computer then. Not getting the credits is brutal man. First the teacup, now this. Even Serendipity didn't have a good comeback. He didn't even try... as that would have been pointless.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1147 on: September 08, 2017, 08:10:44 PM »
With you citing Aesop you are trying to imply that Derek has been warning for the crash of CIG so often now, that people just won't believe him anymore. Too many false warnings will drown out the true one. The thing is, in this story it's basically the other way around. Almost nobody believed Derek the first time around. With every proclamation, the number of people actually accepting that Derek has a much better vision than most of us, grew. What now remains is the group of people who are almost looking right into the open mouth of the animal but still refuse to acknowlegde there's a beast out there. Those who believed Derek earlier are standing at a safe distance just waiting to see the spectacle when the animal starts biting and having a bloody feast.
I couldn't believe or not believe Derek, because the info didn't get to me until Chris Roberts pointed me to him in "the letter" (the response to the Escapist article). After reading that in full length and Derek's blogs I decided to watch the CitizenCon stream. I didn't know who that crying woman on stage was, because I didn't watch their propaganda since 2013, when "Wingman's Hangar" was still around. I got creeped out. Then I saw the Morrow tour.

I gave up my day one original backer account and filed a refund. I considered the grey market, but influenced by that cult meeting impression I chose to quit completely for safety and sanity. This was almost two years ago. Now looking back how things have played out so far, that was the right choice.

Thing is: If you immersed into this stuff on a daily basis, you might have a hard time escaping the brainwashing. But if you just came back one year after the estimated release date with a "Time is up, where is the finished product?", you just end up with a "WTF is going on here?" and quickly run for the lifeboats.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1148 on: September 08, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »
I couldn't believe or not believe Derek, because the info didn't get to me until Chris Roberts pointed me to him in "the letter" (the response to the Escapist article). After reading that in full length and Derek's blogs I decided to watch the CitizenCon stream. I didn't know who that crying woman on stage was, because I didn't watch their propaganda since 2013, when "Wingman's Hangar" was still around. I got creeped out. Then I saw the Morrow tour.

I gave up my day one original backer account and filed a refund. I considered the grey market, but influenced by that cult meeting impression I chose to quit completely for safety and sanity. This was almost two years ago. Now looking back how things have played out so far, that was the right choice.

Thing is: If you immersed into this stuff on a daily basis, you might have a hard time escaping the brainwashing. But if you just came back one year after the estimated release date with a "Time is up, where is the finished product?", you just end up with a "WTF is going on here?" and quickly run for the lifeboats.

Yeah, I remember you from back when we were doing comments in the blog articles, then the old forum (which I now use for my scoops & musings).

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1149 on: September 09, 2017, 01:50:36 PM »
People leaving are trying to keep it quiet. A lead DevOps guy in Austin is no longer there. He then changed his Twitter handle to mask it.

This was him here, tagged by Tyler.

https://twitter.com/captainzyloh/status/722875964376481793

This is his new Twitter handle now where he announces his departure.

https://twitter.com/tuxedomarx/status/906305386726162437

NOTE: He just deleted this Tweet. But we have it.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:20:48 PM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #1150 on: September 09, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »
HA! Posted his leaving as a new topic on Reddit. No comment, just that the Lead Dev Austin left and his new Twitter handle. That post got some comments immediatly and now it's been removed completely. In return this one. Man, they are touchy over there, it's going downhill there now really fast.

And they're idiots too. The guy tweets personal information, we use that tweet and then get yelled at for using his personal information. I'd say, if you don't want your personal information used on the internet, then don't fucking post it on the internet  :doh:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:36:47 PM by Motto »

StanTheMan

« Reply #1151 on: September 09, 2017, 04:57:24 PM »
People leaving are trying to keep it quiet. A lead DevOps guy in Austin is no longer there. He then changed his Twitter handle to mask it.

This was him here, tagged by Tyler.

https://twitter.com/captainzyloh/status/722875964376481793

This is his new Twitter handle now where he announces his departure.

https://twitter.com/tuxedomarx/status/906305386726162437

NOTE: He just deleted this Tweet. But we have it.

What does he mean by couch or vinyl setup ? SO = his significant other ?

This is the juicy bit of the new shell co filing ..."69109 - Activities of patent and copyright agents; other legal activities not elsewhere classified"  of course these are owned by Coutts if they dont pay back the loan are they not ?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:14:40 PM by StanTheMan »

Moeis

« Reply #1152 on: September 09, 2017, 05:13:14 PM »
So the guy was a junior programmer and not a lead programmer, and he is leaving the company for his SO.  I fail to see how this can be a sign of anything about an E.L.E.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1153 on: September 09, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »
So the guy was a junior programmer and not a lead programmer, and he is leaving the company for his SO.  I fail to see how this can be a sign of anything about an E.L.E.

So he says....but yes I grant you it is no earthquake in and of itself.

I don't understand why he is selling his vinyl suit and settee ?

Unless SO = significant Other and he is moving location to be with them, and hes a Twink.

If he and CIG were doing well, his job at CIG would be far more important to leave for a partner (and he could afford to keep the gimp vinyl suit)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:22:03 PM by StanTheMan »

Moeis

« Reply #1154 on: September 09, 2017, 05:22:06 PM »

So he says....but yes I grant you it is no earthquake in and of itself.

I don't understand why he is selling his vinyl suit and settee ?

Any of these can be a reason why he is selling/giving away
Moving in with his SO
Moving to a smaller place
Wants new stuff
It was extras that he really doesn't want anymore and if he is moving he just wants to get rid of it instead of moving it to the new place

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk