Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1190074 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #1185 on: September 11, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »
That is a post worthy of a Tweet, now wouldn't you say  :smuggo:

nightfire

« Reply #1186 on: September 11, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »
There is no difference. Steam's refund system allows you to refund EA games until 14 days after actual release. The 2 hours timer resets on release day.
Isn’t that precisely the difference? Currently, anyone who backed SC years ago can pester them with a refund request. Assuming 3.0 gets released with „Early Access Version“ aka „MVP“ written all over it, the door to the refund department would be shut immediately for previous backers, and new customers would only have a 14-day window, after which their refund rights are gone as well?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1187 on: September 11, 2017, 03:49:12 PM »
BREAKING!! There is a new Star Citizen ToS in the works. Sources say it is likely to go online with the 3.0 release.

Remember May 2016 when I said a ToS change was in the works for 2.0 & would REMOVE backer promises? Then it happened? Sure you do.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Kastenbrust

« Reply #1188 on: September 11, 2017, 03:51:56 PM »
Makes sense, they're going to cut people off from getting refunds when 3.0 releases. They even make this quite clear during the current refund process, telling you "the game you've waited for so long is nearly about to be released" or something along those lines. Refunds must be a considerable haemorrhaging of cash for them now. I think this is why Croberts is forcing everyone to call 3.0 "early access" and not a "beta", because beta would enable you to still get refunds.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:59:51 PM by Kastenbrust »

Motto

« Reply #1189 on: September 11, 2017, 03:58:24 PM »
In order to play our MVP / Early Access build - formerly known as pre-stage alpha build 3.0 - you need to agree the new TOS. You know the one that says since you started to play the MVP, you no longer can claim a refund. Now it only takes one backer to give up his 40 bucks and stream the whole 3.0 experience and I wonder how many backers then still will accept the new TOS. Go running for a refund NOW! would be the best advice at this moment.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1190 on: September 11, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
If I had still money in this I would claim a refund now, make a new $0 account and play 3.0 for free later.

There will be numerous trial weeks just like 2016 and a week is more than enough to exhaust the whole "content" Star Citizen has to offer before they shutdown all servers when they run out of money.

Darklegend1

« Reply #1191 on: September 12, 2017, 01:29:34 AM »
If I had still money in this I would claim a refund now, make a new $0 account and play 3.0 for free later.

There will be numerous trial weeks just like 2016 and a week is more than enough to exhaust the whole "content" Star Citizen has to offer before they shutdown all servers when they run out of money.

my exact thoughts...+1. I dont understand how the fanboys can be so blind not to see the con.

The things that are pretty basic and underlying in most of the games is somehow a feature in star citizen for ex persistence :bahgawd: .
was reading the latest letter from chairman and couldnt stop laughing that after the cloth persistence a year after they have now damage persistent. what a bunch of ass clowns over at cig and even bigger ass clowns are the backers that let themselves deceived by this bullshit.

nightfire

« Reply #1192 on: September 12, 2017, 01:45:47 AM »
my exact thoughts...+1. I dont understand how the fanboys can be so blind not to see the con.

And yet they seem to be… you’d think that comments in the Reddit sub would be mostly salty by now. Yet, backers there either still seem to be clueless as a brick, or the mods are working even more overtime than usual at suppressing critical voices.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1193 on: September 12, 2017, 04:56:02 AM »

The things that are pretty basic and underlying in most of the games is somehow a feature in star citizen for ex persistence :bahgawd: .
was reading the latest letter from chairman and couldnt stop laughing that after the cloth persistence a year after they have now damage persistent. what a bunch of ass clowns over at cig and even bigger ass clowns are the backers that let themselves deceived by this bullshit.

Many do see it, they just don't want to let the side down by asking for a refund.

They are still convinced that the game will come out and all this is just teething problems.

Any progress from CIG is a step in the right direction, they have already had their money's worth, their fantasy is not going to die.

We all know this is more evidence the game is never coming out.

But, on the face of it, it is arguably a good idea.

They can appear to limit their exposure to refunds and everything they have sold in the past.

They are already walking back on and most of the promises they have made.

Any publicity is good publicity and who knows how many more $40 starter packs they can sell regardless of how annoyed and pissed off a reasonably large % of original backers are.

In the years to come there will be people laughing at other residents in retirement homes who lost $000's to CRoberts BDSSE.

But on this reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6zfm98/star_citizen_30_update_akin_to_early_access_launch/?sort=old&limit=500

you see the idiots that can't see the significance of what is going on and are even complaining because calling 3.0  Early Access will cause more disquiet. 

They couldnt give a toss about whether the game is actually ever delivered or that Croberts is ripping them and many other off..

Because now, as usual, CR has unnecessarily attached a whole bunch of expectations onto SC by comparing it to early access.
So now people will have these expectations, complain on these boards when those expectations aren't met, and get called trolls by our wonderful forum warriors, all because CR used a bad analogy in one of his off the cuff interviews.
Just another monday in Star Citizen land...

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:14:54 AM by StanTheMan »

Moeis

« Reply #1194 on: September 12, 2017, 04:56:20 AM »
BREAKING!! There is a new Star Citizen ToS in the works. Sources say it is likely to go online with the 3.0 release.

meh, wouldn't really call that breaking news, more like just stating something that anybody would expect to happen anyways, cause it seems like common practice these days. I am greeted with a new TOS frequently for so much of my games and service when ever they update (some for small updates and others with large updates).

StanTheMan

« Reply #1195 on: September 12, 2017, 04:58:19 AM »

meh, wouldn't really call that breaking news, more like just stating something that anybody would expect to happen anyways, cause it seems like common practice these days. I am greeted with a new TOS frequently for so much of my games and service when ever they update (some for small updates and others with large updates).

Yes but thats for games that are released.

There is a significant difference.

Moeis

« Reply #1196 on: September 12, 2017, 05:01:24 AM »

Yes but thats for games that are released.

There is a significant difference.

nah, I've had new TOS thrown at me even in Early Access/In Dev games, or other games I got to beta test.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1197 on: September 12, 2017, 05:01:32 AM »
And yet they seem to be… you’d think that comments in the Reddit sub would be mostly salty by now. Yet, backers there either still seem to be clueless as a brick, or the mods are working even more overtime than usual at suppressing critical voices.
Reddit is bullshit as it hides anything but circlejerk automatically. You can still dig out critic: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6zfm98/star_citizen_30_update_akin_to_early_access_launch/dmvvfe4/

Rarehero 4 points 9 hours ago
But the game that was initially proposed could have been developed and delivered in two or three years. This game would have been much more limited of course, merely a shadow of what is now in the making, but people have a point when they say that they didn't sign up for this.

manickitty 0 points 8 hours ago
They asked and the majority of us said yes keep expanding, so we did sign up for this.
The latter is blatant lie. I was an original backer and I can confirm that I had never been asked about the project scope at all. Because if I had been asked I would have filed a refund immediately and not three years later. All I got from CIG was advertising for buying more JPEGs and invitations of so-called "organizations". Which didn't interest me the least, because I backed a SP space sim scheduled for 2014, I didn't want to join a cult.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1198 on: September 12, 2017, 07:31:29 AM »

Once again you display your abject ignorance.

The game isn't released.

They've had about 4 ToS revisions, each one worse than the one before, and geared toward removing backer rights.

Back in 2016 when I said they would change it because they had failed to release the games, and were going to use it to refuse refunds, then they did just that months later with 2.0 release - where were you?

And if he is now claiming that the 3.0 game is now Early Access MVP, not only is that a big Red flag, but also the changing of the ToS is highly pertinent.

Whether you think it's breaking news or not, is irrlevant, and you can't tell me what I can or cannot write or proclaim. I am sure those who find the news relevant will take it as such, and nobody cares what you think.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1199 on: September 12, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »

Once again you display your abject ignorance.

The game isn't released.

They've had about 4 ToS revisions, each one worse than the one before, and geared toward removing backer rights.

Back in 2016 when I said they would change it because they had failed to release the games, and were going to use it to refuse refunds, then they did just that months later with 2.0 release - where were you?

And if he is now claiming that the 3.0 game is now Early Access MVP, not only is that a big Red flag, but also the changing of the ToS is highly pertinent.

Whether you think it's breaking news or not, is irrlevant, and you can't tell me what I can or cannot write or proclaim. I am sure those who find the news relevant will take it as such, and nobody cares what you think.

Calling 3.0 early Access is arguably the biggest scammy thing CRoberts has done in the public sphere to date on SC.

If he then goes on to alter the TOS to make it far more difficult (or just less likely) that Backers will not refund then that would top it.

3.0 is not anything remotely close to games he has sold. 

3.0 isnt remotely close to an Early Access for a AAA game either.

There is no way this move by CRoberts couldn't be newsworthy either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk