Author Topic: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.  (Read 1134574 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The E.L.E.
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2016, 02:19:21 PM »
so much for 10v10  :bahgawd:

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

FragileAllegiance

« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2016, 02:35:20 PM »
About that Starmarine livestream thing: Any idea why the matchtimer skips by about 20 seconds whenever they switch from the US to the Europe team. Cant be lag.

somedude

« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2016, 02:54:17 PM »
OMG The mods on the RSI forums are deleting topics faster then i can read them. The forums explode with negative feedback about their kindergarten level of professionalism and they just delete all of it... I LOVE THIS...BURN BABY BURN!!!!!

Today will be the day they lose 50% of their subscriptions lol and 100's of backers will go for a refund after this (if they're smart). Man this is hilarious.

By their actions today, i think they jump started their final demise. Hell there where over 500 forum posts deleted from their forum and the next 15 minutes nobody even posted (would they have temp-banned everyone that posted negatively?).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:11:11 PM by somedude »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2016, 03:28:43 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »
Quote from: dsmart
I posted my holiday stream predictions earlier this morning on SA

My 5 predictions:

• croberts will recite, then write a cringe-worthy missive asking for money, making excuses, making new promises for 2017
  • 2.6 will be delayed; and if they are smart, pushed into 2017. the schedule will be updated to reflect this
  • they will play 2.6 Star Marine on local LAN because doing it across the internet - the environment it was designed for - is shite
  • no meaningful SQ42 reveal - of any kind
  • no meaningful 3.0 reveal - of any kind

BOMBSHELL BONUS: They won't mention anything about i) no money to finish the game ii) on-going Federal investigations, iii) the fact that quite a few key team members have either recently left or have put in their notice (Dec being their exit month) to leave, iv) they are going to be down-sizing the studios in 2017

ps:

As of Dec 16th, with 2.6 still MIA and 3.0 still a pipe dream, these are the major releases this year since 2.0

v2.0 (patch notes), Dec 12, 2015
v2.1.0, Jan 15, 2016
v2.2.0, March 4, 2016
v2.3.0, March 26, 2016
v2.4.0, June 9, 2016
v2.5.0, Aug 25, 2016

And during this period, these are ALL the Star Marine updates. Yet, here we are, over a year later, and they still can't get it working.

AUGUST 22ND 2015
AUGUST 29TH 2015
SEPTEMBER 19TH 2015
OCTOBER 23RD 2015

My holiday stream prediction score card:

• croberts will recite, then write a cringe-worthy missive asking for money, making excuses, making new promises for 2017 CALLED IT! // see latest newsletter
  • 2.6 will be delayed; and if they are smart, pushed into 2017. the schedule will be updated to reflect this CALLED IT!
  • they will play 2.6 Star Marine on local LAN because doing it across the internet - the environment it was designed for - is shite it was 8v8 (the max before CE3 falls over) over the Internet. so much for 12v12
  • no meaningful SQ42 reveal - of any kind CALLED IT!
  • no meaningful 3.0 reveal - of any kind CALLED IT!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:50:35 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2016, 03:37:36 PM »
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:41:55 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »
About that Starmarine livestream thing: Any idea why the matchtimer skips by about 20 seconds whenever they switch from the US to the Europe team. Cant be lag.

No clue. But it could be because of the latency between switching from one feed to the next.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:10:03 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Mehlan

« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2016, 07:11:18 PM »
 partially gutted it....lol and not sure yet, but while they say 2.6 ptu expanded to sub's, some scattered reports it's 'Star Marine' only...

"First part of the patch notes say PU is disabled right now to focus on AC and SM. Also says you have to restart the client after EVERY match of AC or SM or else you won't be able to get into a new game! Gonna be a long weekend!"

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:15:38 PM by Mehlan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2016, 08:46:33 PM »
partially gutted it....lol and not sure yet, but while they say 2.6 ptu expanded to sub's, some scattered reports it's 'Star Marine' only...

"First part of the patch notes say PU is disabled right now to focus on AC and SM. Also says you have to restart the client after EVERY match of AC or SM or else you won't be able to get into a new game! Gonna be a long weekend!"

Yeah, Crusader is out, PU is disabled. They're going to do everything they can to say they "released" 2.6

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 08:54:44 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »
Ah yeah, the anniversary of one of the greatest lies was today

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2016, 09:08:20 PM »

Narrenbart

« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2016, 09:12:16 PM »
Ah yeah, the anniversary of one of the greatest lies was today

Don't bother us with the pupil to planet stuff, obviously it's just a learn Cryengine in 3 days stuff.
The Shilisans just seem to have their brain washed to forget about 10 years of game development to cheer up stuff like Blendshapes, which CIG is selling as new innovation.

Saturn

« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2016, 06:02:48 AM »
I have been following Derek Smarts blogs for some time now and after the yesterday live stream disaster I have to say that it is pretty clear now that RSI is going downhill. When I visted RSI website for the first time I was quite impressed, however when I saw the crazy store prices for the ships I went right to google and entered "star citizen scam" lol. This how I found out about Derek Smart and the whole joke Star Citizen has become.

Back in the day, Freelancer was my first Space Sim and when I played it I was 13 and it gave me a lasting impression because it was really a cool game overall, the graphics were good for the time and the game ran smooth on mid spec PCs. Even my sister enjoyed it and that says a lot. It is quite sad that after so many years CR is relying on such obscure cash grab techniques to fund a game which can never be build because it is waay to complex, despite the fact he has proven he can actually create great visions for games.

At live stream yesterday there were so many WTF moments, like when they crushed a monitor and the chat exploded it was unreal I choked because laughing so hard  :haw: The problem is people at the CGI forum are completely out of touch with reality and expecting absolutely insane stuff. They envision not a game but rather a life simulator or something. The only way I see is to take Star Marine and Arena Commander - which are "decent" - and build a space FPS around them with boarding of enemy ships and so on on a large scale. Add to that the SQ42 campaing ynd you got a real game - maybe I would even buy that. But this is never going to happen because CR promised so much.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:07:04 AM by Saturn »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk