General > General Chatter

How have you fared with Kickstarter/backing?

<< < (2/3) > >>

darkpen:

--- Quote from: dsmart on October 01, 2017, 06:53:27 AM ---I haven't looked at my crowd-funding metrics recently, but last I checked, I fared pretty well. Of course only games tend to fail and end up not being delivered. Some are still in development, long past their promised dates.

I really need to login to my accounts to see where I'm at today.

--- End quote ---

You may have (good) surprises waiting!

Serviceman:

--- Quote from: darkpen on October 02, 2017, 02:37:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: Serviceman on October 01, 2017, 01:40:14 PM ---Project Eternity:  Pillars of Eternity.  Excellent CRPG that is similar to Baulder's Gate and other Infinitity engine CRPGs. (Released)

--- End quote ---

I have it in Steam, I wonder if I backed it outside of KS. Can't remember.

--- Quote from: Serviceman on October 01, 2017, 01:40:14 PM ---Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire:  Still in development

--- End quote ---

With Elite Dangerous, you can play in your own private universe with zero chances of meeting a real person.  I play with a group called Mobius and it is all PVE with no PvP.

With Elite you have these options.

1- Play in your own private universe
2- Play in a private universe for you and your group
3- Play in Open play, playing with everyone else that chose open play, PvE and PvP.

All 3 options you are still playing online on their servers, but for 1 and 2 they allow people to basically create their own section of the server for themselves or their group.  The group I am in has hundreds upon hundreds of players if I remember right.

Really need to play the first one, then. :)

--- Quote from: Serviceman on October 01, 2017, 01:40:14 PM ---Divinity Orginal Sin: Excellent Turn base CRPG  (Released)
Divinity Original Sin 2: a sequel to the game above, even better than the first. (recently released)

--- End quote ---

I have 1, classic and enhanced edition. I think I got that in a Steam sale though. Looks like I need a vacation just to lock myself in and play RPGs. :)

--- Quote from: Serviceman on October 01, 2017, 01:40:14 PM ---Eterium:  Wing Commander like game, just as difficult as the space sims of old like Wing Commander, Freespace, and Tie Fighter.  (Released, and a massive value for only $5 if you want to buy it now, could have easily been worth $30 in my opinion)

--- End quote ---

It's already in my Steam list, must have been on sale. I'll raise it up the backlog.

--- Quote from: Serviceman on October 01, 2017, 01:40:14 PM ---Torment Tides of Numera:  spiritual successfor to Planescape Torment.  Excellent game that really feels like Torment. (Released)

--- End quote ---

Uh oh, looks like I gotta figure out how to get my key then.

--- Quote from: Serviceman on October 01, 2017, 01:40:14 PM ---Bards Tale IV: well the title should be enough, basically dungeon crawling RPG. (In development)

--- End quote ---

Cool, I remember the first two.

--- Quote from: Serviceman on October 01, 2017, 01:40:14 PM ---Elite Dangerous: Great Space sim.  I just wish they used a better "flight" model, more akin to Wing Commander/Freespace.  I play it casually.  (Released)

--- End quote ---

This one intrigues me somewhat, though I'm not a MMO person. I loved Elite II.

--- End quote ---

darkpen:

--- Quote from: Serviceman on October 02, 2017, 03:28:26 AM ---With Elite Dangerous, you can play in your own private universe with zero chances of meeting a real person.  I play with a group called Mobius and it is all PVE with no PvP.

With Elite you have these options.

1- Play in your own private universe
2- Play in a private universe for you and your group
3- Play in Open play, playing with everyone else that chose open play, PvE and PvP.

All 3 options you are still playing online on their servers, but for 1 and 2 they allow people to basically create their own section of the server for themselves or their group.  The group I am in has hundreds upon hundreds of players if I remember right.

--- End quote ---

That seems alright. Is the basic game good or do you really need the expansions?

Backer42:
I remember backing four crowd funded video games (no other stuff like self filling water bottles).

One turned out excellent (backed in 2011 with $7 for the full release including DLCs, which I received).
Two released crap, one of them literally broke my $350 force feedback controller.
One still unreleased (guess the name).
Two refunds.

Investment: $7 (great) + $17 (crap) + $52 (crap) + $50 (crap still in alpha)
Other expenses: $350
Refunds: $52 + $50
Loss: $265

I consider it an expensive lesson.

tuberchimpy:
Divinity: Original Sin - Delivered and happy
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire ( Fig ) - Delivered and happy

Empires of EVE: Volume II by Andrew Groen - Still in progress but looking good with regular updates. Really looking forwards to this when it completes.

Only kickstarter that has let me down was a real life buddy was producing a roleplaying source book. Rasied just over 1.5K GBP to do it. I wasn't interested in the thing being kickstarted, just wanted to support a buddy. He's pretty much abandoned it and stopped updating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version