Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 281176 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 12:55:25 PM »
Aha, they are now upgrading to the "we have actually spent your money on developing the game, so there is no legal ground to ask for your money back" approach. Too bad EU laws don't go for that  :D

Yeah. But it's even more hilarious that a company with a dedicated CS staff, is somehow too busy to look into refunds. Because, you know, they're probably working on the shitty Evocati build for CitizenCon 2017.  :vince:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 12:58:19 PM »
I have no compassion for them... not anymore. We've been hinting at this, the tipping point, the mechanics of the Ponzi scheme for months now, here and "over there". Everyone with half a brain could see the writing on the wall. Tough luck for those who are now left holding the bag.

Indeed. But mostly it's those who tend to back these projects then forget about them for awhile, that are going to be the most shocked. As for those clowns on Reddit? Nope, I have zero sympathy at this point. Back when I spent MY OWN MONEY on legal action to hold CIG accountable, I was attacked for it.

The zealots will probably hang on to the end. Though there is enough evidence to suggest that most them have quietly refunded, while pretending that they still have skin in the game and are holding the torch. I personally want them to keep funding the Golden parachute for croberts and his family and friends. The fallout would be that much more hilarious.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »
I have no compassion for them... not anymore. We've been hinting at this, the tipping point, the mechanics of the Ponzi scheme for months now, here and "over there". Everyone with half a brain could see the writing on the wall. Tough luck for those who are now left holding the bag.

For years ....

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 07:26:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/930441319696257025

BREAKING NEWS! Well, it had to happen. Getting word of major worldwide job losses coming to the Star Citizen project. Apparently keeping it quiet until after the upcoming holiday sales. We'll see.

Motto

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 01:27:27 PM »
Well, it would seem that a lot of people will be getting their "Remind Me" notifications in the coming months. As insult after injury  :D

It's a shame really, that nobody saw this coming. You would think that somebody with a little knowledge would have tried to get some attention for it. Maybe a blog, a couple of tweets. Something like that. Oh well. maybe on Chris' next project?

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 04:29:49 PM »
What do you think? Would the Shitizens believe in him enough to fund his (possible) next gaming project?

I'm sure he would claim it was due to changing tech and he couldn't make the engine work properly with the newer technology but if you give me more of your money I can build the universe properly.

N0mad

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 01:04:23 AM »

BREAKING NEWS! Well, it had to happen. Getting word of major worldwide job losses coming to the Star Citizen project. Apparently keeping it quiet until after the upcoming holiday sales. We'll see.

Surely it's more likely that they'll quietly try to reduce the numbers gradually - not replacing people who leave / retire etc. If they've got to the point where they need to do lay-offs then they're completely f#*ked. Couldn't they still let people go on the quiet anyway, get them to sign NDAs so they don't run off to the media etc?

nightfire

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 01:42:28 AM »

Couldn't they still let people go on the quiet anyway, get them to sign NDAs so they don't run off to the media etc?

Impossible to keep a lid on this. Those people have to find work elsewhere, disclose their job history, change their current affiliation on LinkedIn etc., and future employers and work colleagues in the know aren't bound by NDA.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 05:33:20 AM »

Surely it's more likely that they'll quietly try to reduce the numbers gradually - not replacing people who leave / retire etc.

They've been doing that already these past few months. A lot of experienced people are leaving.

If they've got to the point where they need to do lay-offs then they're completely f#*ked. Couldn't they still let people go on the quiet anyway, get them to sign NDAs so they don't run off to the media etc?

Nah, no way they can stop the signal. Besides, most of them hate management anyway, and they're already talking.

N0mad

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 05:37:03 AM »
Nah, no way they can stop the signal. Besides, most of them hate management anyway, and they're already talking.

Wow, sounds like the ELE is reaching a new phase then  :laugh:

Ghostmaker

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 08:19:39 PM »
Back when I was regularly reading about the Mittani and his merry misanthropy on EVE Online, he talked about cascade failures -- where a system would hit a point where all its issues combined to suddenly cause a drastic and inescapable collapse.

Wouldn't surprise me if RSI was teetering on the brink.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 08:22:30 AM »
For some reason, there is no anniversary live stream this year. I wonder if it's because they can't actually play 3.0 live, since it flat out broken.  :laugh:

They do have an anniversary special sales event though. So there's that.

Nothing affects the obligatory end of year JPEG ship sale cash grab.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 11:21:37 AM »
Latest Star Citizen email just went out to the super elite such as myself. You can read it here.

YES!! I totally called it that they had no choice but to release something called 3.0 by year end. They had NO choice. Like, at all.

God I can't wait for Shitizens to get a load of what we've been playing this whole time. It's an epic disaster.

Then again, seeing as the anniversary sale ends Dec 2nd, this could be a ruse to get whales to fund their lies, then at the last minute, it's delayed to 2018.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:24:06 AM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 12:52:34 PM »
We were really, really, really hoping to release 3.0 to the PTU this year, but we found a last minute bug that would undo all of the polishing we have done over the last year (and some). Since this turd shining doesn't meet the standards of Chris, who, as you all know, only shits golden turds of the highest fidelity, we have to add some more glitter. Please bear with us while we kick out the better part of all our staff between X-Mas and New Year and we'll let you know how things are looking in the new year. In the meantime, please by more of our special JPEGs.

Motto

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 12:56:42 PM »
For some reason, there is no anniversary live stream this year. I wonder if it's because they can't actually play 3.0 live, since it flat out broken.  :laugh:

They do have an anniversary special sales event though. So there's that.

Nothing affects the obligatory end of year JPEG ship sale cash grab.

Just look at this shit This week in Star Citizen Dafuq is that? You're suppost to be building a game! Not running an international media conglomerate. Who do you think you are? Robert Murdoch? Ted Turner? Steven Spielberg? George Lucas? All of them combined?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk