Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 281251 times)

Judge_dolly_OG

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2018, 12:25:39 AM »
So ship purchasing has made it in to the PTU. Unsurprisingly, prices are high, I guess CIG is gambling on selling in game currency as it's new way to milk backers as ship sales slow.

I thought they said it was coming with Hurston though? Anyone get the feeling that they have realised that the servers can't handle all the new stuff from adding more planets and moons, or the fact it is still sending all updates to all clients is really causing issues now?

Prediction: Hurston gets pushed out of 3.3.5, initially to 3.4, then beyond. They may partially integrate some of it to keep the whales happy and spending.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2018, 10:21:02 AM »
CIG UK have filed, 5 days to process...

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #453 on: October 27, 2018, 12:51:55 AM »
It didn't take 5 days, the financial filing is up now! Any of you smart people want to take a look? It seems to show that the cost per year is 17mil or so, and they have 4mil cash on hand with the loan due as far as I can see, but it's not my field of expertise.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #454 on: October 27, 2018, 02:31:38 AM »
It didn't take 5 days, the financial filing is up now! Any of you smart people want to take a look? It seems to show that the cost per year is 17mil or so, and they have 4mil cash on hand with the loan due as far as I can see, but it's not my field of expertise.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

Deary me no, you must be mistaken. They ran out of money years ago.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #455 on: October 27, 2018, 02:33:59 AM »
I wonder if they are just hiding any income in one of their other many corporate shells that feed this shell. The British corporation existing for the sole reason to take tax rebates. I'll leave it to those better suited to examine this. If things were this grim you would think they would be laying off staff by the hundreds.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #456 on: October 27, 2018, 02:44:10 AM »
I wonder if they are just hiding any income in one of their other many corporate shells that feed this shell. The British corporation existing for the sole reason to take tax rebates. I'll leave it to those better suited to examine this. If things were this grim you would think they would be laying off staff by the hundreds.

Yes, they feed money into this company to fund development in the UK, it is more interesting because it shows how much the UK studio is costing them.

We don't have an idea about the US parent companies finances.

Motto

« Reply #457 on: October 27, 2018, 05:59:19 AM »

It are the figures up to 31/12/2017. Almost 10 months have passed again, so a lot could have (has) happened since then.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #458 on: October 27, 2018, 06:25:06 AM »
It are the figures up to 31/12/2017. Almost 10 months have passed again, so a lot could have (has) happened since then.

I am actually doing a write-up about the filing right this moment.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #459 on: October 27, 2018, 06:26:19 AM »
Deary me no, you must be mistaken. They ran out of money years ago.

Thanks for revealing yourself. Now we can resume fun conversations. Keep it civil and clean though, so you don't get banned.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

N0mad

« Reply #460 on: October 27, 2018, 06:44:10 AM »
Do we have any idea about how many employees are at their UK studio(s)?

I'm sure the costs of running all the studios has been estimated already but it doesn't hurt to confirm with new figures.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #461 on: October 27, 2018, 09:10:41 AM »
Do we have any idea about how many employees are at their UK studio(s)?

I'm sure the costs of running all the studios has been estimated already but it doesn't hurt to confirm with new figures.

It's in their latest financial filing. See my just released article.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #462 on: November 23, 2018, 04:43:10 AM »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:19:08 AM by dsmart »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #463 on: December 12, 2018, 07:19:01 AM »
Latest CIG Companies House filing is showing three companies listed as shareholders, the reddit refunds thread that I can't link suggests they are shell companies registered in the Cayman Islands.

Motto

« Reply #464 on: December 12, 2018, 07:49:03 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk